Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No award email confirmation using miles?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

No award email confirmation using miles?

I had 60,000 points and did a one way to Orlando from NYC for this Wednesday using 25,000 points for two people. Did it this morning and have yet got an email to confirm my flight nor anything about how getting the tickets and etc. Now the app says I have it but I'm wondering shouldn't there be an email to confirm it? Checked my spam as well.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:13 pm

Log in to the website and check the trip online. I redeemed two awards recently and they took longer than in the past (yesterday, it took 27 hrs or so for me to receive an email, a portion of the journey was with BA).

All the Best
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miles4sheli
Log in to the website and check the trip online. I redeemed two awards recently and they took longer than in the past (yesterday, it took 27 hrs or so for me to receive an email, a portion of the journey was with BA).

All the Best

That's good to know thanks. First time using my points
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Sometimes I get the mileage redemption and ticketing emails, sometimes I don't. Very similar to the domestic upgrade clearance emails. No rhyme or reason, as best I can tell.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: FB (platinum for life), AAdvantage (exec platinum), Aeroflot Bonus (gold)
Originally Posted by Closingracer
I had 60,000 points and did a one way to Orlando from NYC for this Wednesday using 25,000 points for two people. Did it this morning and have yet got an email to confirm my flight nor anything about how getting the tickets and etc. Now the app says I have it but I'm wondering shouldn't there be an email to confirm it? Checked my spam as well.
I regularly use miles for upgrade+co-pay (North to South America and back), and they regularly are late to credit my account. Once it took them 2 months. Usually it's a few days. So, not surprising at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.