Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

500 mile upgrade confirmed... but I don't think I want it. Cancel?

500 mile upgrade confirmed... but I don't think I want it. Cancel?

Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by unknown00
I have 2 pending flights - 1 booked with Awards and 1 through Chase points
Neither show Upgrade section
So I am assuming the screenshots above are the reward flight? So unfortunately Platinum cannot upgrade.

For the Chase UR points redemption, did you see a

Cost summary

Please contact your travel agent for airfare or trip changes.
Bag and optional fees

Section?

Which cabin class is this? If it's a business class mentioned above, you won't see it neither and have to call AAdvantage desk.

Also, since I cannot see the route, is this a domestic flight, or a route that has Premium Economy cabin (https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...T|TXL||LPM_PE#).
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SW A-List Pref, Marriott/SPG Gold, Uber
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
So I am assuming the screenshots above are the reward flight? So unfortunately Platinum cannot upgrade.

For the Chase UR points redemption, did you see a

Cost summary

Please contact your travel agent for airfare or trip changes.
Bag and optional fees

Section?

Which cabin class is this in a 2 or 3 cabin flight? In the event this is a Business Class booking in a First-Business-Economy, you won't see it neither and have to call AAdvantage desk. Also, since I cannot see the route, is this a domestic flight, or a route that has Premium Economy cabin (https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...T|TXL||LPM_PE#)
All flights are economy and all domestic. Below is screenshot for Chase reward redemption, you can see price, but no upgrade area

Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by unknown00
All flights are economy and all domestic. Below is screenshot for Chase reward redemption, you can see price, but no upgrade area

In that case, you will need to call the AAdvantage desk. Open your AA app on your phone, scroll up the bottom bar - contact American and call them.

On my reservations, I had a Citi Thankyou redemption that does not show upgrade option neither (or the cost summary). Not sure if that's related to the problem or not. My other reservations booked on aa.com all have the request upgrade table.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

On my reservations, I had a Citi Thankyou redemption that does not show upgrade option neither (or the cost summary). Not sure if that's related to the problem or not. My other reservations booked on aa.com all have the request upgrade table.
As an EXP I actually had to call in to request on a recent Citi ThankYou redemption, so I think the system stops (understandably) if there is something it doesn't expect or understand in the reservation.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by aschuett
As an EXP I actually had to call in to request on a recent Citi ThankYou redemption, so I think the system stops (understandably) if there is something it doesn't expect or understand in the reservation.
Yeah I called in and the CS said he did not know what happened. Do you see your cost summary or it just says "contact your travel agent"? I had another reservation booked through TYP+cash and the upgrade table showed up.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yeah I called in and the CS said he did not know what happened. Do you see your cost summary or it just says "contact your travel agent"? I had another reservation booked through TYP+cash and the upgrade table showed up.
I too have one reservation with "contact your travel agent" and one that displays the full table. I honestly can't remember which was which. I guess I'll just have to make more reservations and find out next time.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
AA116 is OGG . Are 500 mile upgrades allowed on Hawaii flights?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:26 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by ellinj
AA116 is OGG . Are 500 mile upgrades allowed on Hawaii flights?
Yes.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...p#terms500mile

Clearly, something of the purchase method are causing the upgrade options to not show up. This might be relate to the bulk/special fare classification of the fare buckets used by the airlines for the redemptions it facilitates.

Rasheed

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.