Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int値.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int値.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:35 pm

quick question... if you are flying first JFK-LAX via an award ticket would you have access to this dining?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krazeenyc
quick question... if you are flying first JFK-LAX via an award ticket would you have access to this dining?
Quick answer - Yes.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Quick answer - Yes.
thx
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Qualifying transcon, LAX - MIA.

I fly AA 2471 F arrive at 5:44am, will be at JFK at 4PM in F to DFW (same reservation). Does that qualify for FD ? I am not sure in 2471 is 3 class. Actually I think it is not - so no access?
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Meal Hours and Repeat Visits?

When do they change out breakfast for lunch? Are there any dinnertime specials, or are the lunch and dinner menus identical?

Finally, if departing late in the day are repeat FD visits allowed?

Thx....
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:11 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Explore
When do they change out breakfast for lunch? Are there any dinnertime specials, or are the lunch and dinner menus identical?

Finally, if departing late in the day are repeat FD visits allowed?

Thx....
The menu converts from breakfast to all-day dining at 11:00am.

I don't know if you can make multiple visits during the same day, but if I had to make a choice, it would definitely be after 11:00am as there are lots of "small plates" choices, plus you can enjoy wine pairing and specialty cocktails. And, dessert.

Last edited by jcatman; Aug 7, 2017 at 12:22 am
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Qualifying transcon, LAX - MIA.

I fly AA 2471 F arrive at 5:44am, will be at JFK at 4PM in F to DFW (same reservation). Does that qualify for FD ? I am not sure in 2471 is 3 class. Actually I think it is not - so no access?
There is no Flagship Lounge at LAX, just the interim 1st class lounge, so no for two reasons - even if 3 class, not allowed, but not allowed two class. It 3 class, you can go to the Qantas business lounge in TBIT.

The Admiral's club has been under construction for ages, and I heard it will close for two months. Anything in Tbit is better.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Our family of four literally had the place to ourselves between 2 and 3 yesterday afternoon. There was some flexibility on the menu for our kids such as smaller portion sizes and a preparation of the salmon with just salmon and nothing else for our littlest one.

Definitely a home run for AA - this was a tranquil, relaxing lounge experience with some really good, restaurant worthy food and service.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Dupe...
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dkc192
Nope, only those with access to the FL.

That said, when I was there last Friday, I did not notice anyone policing the "entrance" to the Bridge area, which is just inside the AC entrance. I walked from the main FL to the Bridge area and back without being stopped by anyone.
Hmmm. That's definitely confusing. So there's a special area meant only for FL-eligible pax, inside the regular AC, where no FL-eligible pax are going to go anyway. Makes tons of sense!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan
There is no Flagship Lounge at LAX, just the interim 1st class lounge, so no for two reasons - even if 3 class, not allowed, but not allowed two class. It 3 class, you can go to the Qantas business lounge in TBIT.

The Admiral's club has been under construction for ages, and I heard it will close for two months. Anything in Tbit is better.
I think Mauibaby was asking about FFD at JFK, after flying LAX-MIA-JFK(-DFW), on the basis of LAX-MIA in first class.
The 2-class F (so ticket is actually in J/D/I) on LAX-MIA would be an automatic no.
If it was 3-class F (F/A ticket), then I think so -- I believe if you do LAX-JFK redeye in F you'd be able to access FFD upon arrival in JFK (although the online access rules aren't clear about that). I don't think routing through MIA would change that.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Hmmm. That's definitely confusing. So there's a special area meant only for FL-eligible pax, inside the regular AC, where no FL-eligible pax are going to go anyway. Makes tons of sense!
Which is why I think the receptionists mention/promote it fairly aggressively, especially when the main FL is crowded.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I burned an SWU to F JFK-LHR for late November, but originally only had a 90 min connection. So I was thinking of going back to J, as I didn't think I would have a chance to visit the FL Dining.

AA changed the schedule so now I will have 3.5 hours in JFK... so I'm going to get my SWU's worth at the FL Dining, now! (however much that is)
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
...I believe if you do LAX-JFK redeye in F you'd be able to access FFD upon arrival in JFK (although the online access rules aren't clear about that).
Data point, I visited the FL after coming in from an LAX-JFK redeye (in F). I presented my inbound BP, I was welcomed to the FL, and I was asked (unprompted) whether I wanted to do the dining. I said yes but not until later (it was morning, and I wanted to shower/rest and then do it for lunch). I was given an invitation.

I had previously been in the Flagship First Dining about a week earlier, before doing JFK-SFO in F. The same crew that had been there before was there the second time too, and they remembered me. Great service all around, hands down my favorite domestic lounge experience. The view of the skyline is nice, the bar has a great variety, and the food is really solid. The basil watermelon thing, the burger, and the caramel apple dessert are my favorites, and I will go out of my way to buy J on the A321T and use BXP1s to upgrade to F as often as I have a reason to fly one of the flagship routes.

The Qantas F lounge at LAX (which I had used before coming LAX-JFK) was fine, but crowded as could be, and the booze selection was frankly quite poor, so I give the edge to AA's Flagship First Dining.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Another ^ for the burger. Was at lounge two weeks ago flying CX F. Wanted the fish offering but was told they were out. Opted for the burger. Glad they were out of fish. The burger was surprisingly good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.