Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connection Time In ORD

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Connection Time In ORD

I know that MSP to ORD is not an 85 minute flight as it says it my wife's itinerary for Thursday June 1 but I was wondering if anyone familiar with ORD can confirm that she should be ok making her connection.

Flight 2340 Depart MSP at 5am arrive in ORD at 6:25am

Flight 3427 Depart ORD at 7:20 to BWI

Thanks
Old May 25, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
As long as no delays, should not be a problem. Per flightaware historical data, for which anyone has access, this flight typically arrives by 6:10am or earlier, only a few times it arrived at 7am. Flight arrives at H gates, and her connecting flight departs from the G gates, this could be a about 15-20 minute walk, depending on how far away are the gates. Not knowing where she is sitting, it might take her time to get out of the plane. I suggest that she tries her best to see if she leave the plane earlier.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

She is in row 13 on the aisle, thanks
Old May 25, 2017, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
She is in row 13 on the aisle, thanks
Good, still, she should try her best to get out of the plane ASAP.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arollins
Good, still, she should try her best to get out of the plane ASAP.
How do you exit before your row ? I have been on flights where they have asked people with long connection times to let others exit first but besides that I have no idea how a person could get off a plane faster
Old May 25, 2017, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
How do you exit before your row ? I have been on flights where they have asked people with long connection times to let others exit first but besides that I have no idea how a person could get off a plane faster
That is one option, but another one is to just politely say, excuse me, I have a tight connection and keep try to pass others.
Old May 25, 2017, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arollins
That is one option, but another one is to just politely say, excuse me, I have a tight connection and keep try to pass others.

I fly about 10 times a year and have never seen a person do that, it would take a LOT of cooperation even from row 13.

When we land the first thing I do is take our carry ons down and put them on my aisle seat so I couldn't move if I wanted to.

Hopefully the flight arrives on time and there is no issue.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It's doable and within MCT. But, whether it's within SCT (Sensible Connection Time) really depends on how important her arrival is at BWI. If she misconnects, the next flight is at 8:54 and is an R-145, which is a misery.
Old May 25, 2017, 8:32 pm

It is an easy connection, Don't sweat it. Tens of thousands of travelers manage it every day
Old May 25, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
She'll be fine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.