Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGA - early morning TSA wait?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ESpen36
YMMV, but remember that given the D0 obsession, GAs are increasingly boarding domestic narrowbodies at T-40 minutes. So, you would want to be at the gate 40-45 minutes before departure in order to board early and be guaranteed overhead bin space. I suppose not an issue if you are in a non-bulkhead seat and your carry-ons fit under the seat in front of you.
I'm hoping overhead bin space is not a major issue in F, but that may be overly optimistic if we don't board until Y starts filling. This is a real advantage of longhaul F and J (plus the seat, etc.).
Old May 14, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richarddd
If the TSA concourse isn't open, but there are one or more clearly defined lines, then it's easy. If things aren't clear, then I'd like to know how best to line up.
Just assume there will be one line. Like the theatre. If there are multiple lines and you need to talk to someone because you're confused or it throws off your sense of balance, I'm sure someone can post a hotline number.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:33 am
Original Poster

TSA open by 4:45 arrival. 15-20 people on line, but it only took a few minutes.
Old May 15, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
TSA open by 4:45 arrival. 15-20 people on line, but it only took a few minutes.
And my guess is that there was zero traffic, correct?
Old May 16, 2017, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blumie
And my guess is that there was zero traffic, correct?
If that much.

Actually, there was a delivery on a street near me, with a truck blocking the road. I convinced the driver to back up and take another route.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
For a Sunday 9:10 AM departure, what time should I arrive? Carry on only.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
For a Sunday 9:10 AM departure, what time should I arrive? Carry on only.
You should be entering the security queue at no later than 8am.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Or how people wait in line for new iPhone or new sneakers.
Why?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by george 3
You should be entering the security queue at no later than 8am.
Excellent. Thank you. I want to have breakfast in the Centurion Lounge so will plan to get there around 7:15 then head to queue for 8. Hopefully pre-check will make it even easier.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you can leave the Centurion Lounge at 8:15 and be fine, although that assumes the Precheck line is open. I suppose you could check before going to the lounge, or maybe the lounge agents will know (or be able to find out).
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
When would you arrive at LGA for a 6am Monday mainline domestic flight in F? We should get pre-check, but you never know.
5am
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I think you can leave the Centurion Lounge at 8:15 and be fine, although that assumes the Precheck line is open. I suppose you could check before going to the lounge, or maybe the lounge agents will know (or be able to find out).
Even better! I'll check first and if not open will ask lounge agent around 8. Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Within the Centurion lounge there are TVs that display the lines for security at the different checkpoints.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: AA
We are flying to Georgetown (Bahamas) via Miami on Sat., April 13. I already received a call that the flight is oversold; can we go another day? (We can’t.) Knowing this, what time would you arrive at LGA for a 7:30 a.m. flight? We have Global Entry and we are being dropped off (not driving/parking.) Thanks!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Janepod
We are flying to Georgetown (Bahamas) via Miami on Sat., April 13. I already received a call that the flight is oversold; can we go another day? (We can’t.) Knowing this, what time would you arrive at LGA for a 7:30 a.m. flight? We have Global Entry and we are being dropped off (not driving/parking.) Thanks!
Do you have a seat assignment? If so you probably won't be bumped. IIRRC AA looks at check in time among other factors. I'd check in at T-24 and show up around 6ish-depending upon whether you want to get coffee, food, etc.
Janepod likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.