Second meal in transcon F?

Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Second meal in transcon F?

I have a feeling that there are probably a few different threads this could fall into, but I couldn't find them...

I'm on AA 33 Friday in F JFK-LAX. Obviously a breakfast flight (leaving at 7:00am), but other than the snacks that are put out, is there a second actual meal service? I know that there isn't in J on that route (just a cookie prior to landing), but thought I'd ask.

Of course, the QF lounge will be beckoning upon arrival at LAX so I suppose it isn't such a big deal...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Sadly, no second meal on any domestic flight, even on FLAAgship F between JFK and SFO/LAX.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Sadly, no second meal on any domestic flight, even on FLAAgship F between JFK and SFO/LAX.
That's what I thought, thanks for confirming. Just makes the QF menu all the more appetizing!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zpaul
That's what I thought, thanks for confirming. Just makes the QF menu all the more appetizing!
honestly even if there was a second meal you'd be far better off skipping it and going to QF F lounge anyways
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369

Actually, the Hawaii mid-con flights (to/from DFW) have a follow-on service. Westbound it is a snack plate. Eastbound it is a continental breakfast.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
Actually, the Hawaii mid-con flights (to/from DFW) have a follow-on service. Westbound it is a snack plate. Eastbound it is a continental breakfast.
In no way, shape or form is DFW-Hawaii a "mid-con". It's not even within a single continent. It's an intercontinental flight. With that being said, you're right that those are domestic flights with 2 meals.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Djokison
In no way, shape or form is DFW-Hawaii a "mid-con". It's not even within a single continent. It's an intercontinental flight. With that being said, you're right that those are domestic flights with 2 meals.

Sorry, I should clarify that I meant by "mid-con" that the flights are from mid-continental USA to Hawaii. (as opposed to AA's other Hawaii flights that are from the West Coast or PHX)

In the old days, "Hawaii midcon" meant Hawaii widebody flights to/from DFW or ORD.....nowadays only DFW has these flights.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Sorry, I should clarify that I meant by "mid-con" that the flights are from mid-continental USA to Hawaii. (as opposed to AA's other Hawaii flights that are from the West Coast or PHX)

In the old days, "Hawaii midcon" meant Hawaii widebody flights to/from DFW or ORD.....nowadays only DFW has these flights.
The "old days"? Is this when passengers had to help manually start the engines and you flew exposed to the elements in an open cab?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:48 pm
Original Member

Having flown JFK-SFO-JFK in F this week, I am not sure I could eat a second meal. Grab a snack in the F lounge, have breakfast, a snack (like fruit) and a cookie and I know I was full for a while (and I am not a small guy). Just saying...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I have taken AA 9 (JFK-SFO at 7 am) three times in the last month or so (each time in F). I remember that I was asleep most of the time on those flights. The one breakfast that I had was very tasty. I think I posted a picture of it in the Domestic meals thread. Yes there is one meal service on these flights, but I agree with others that a second meal is not really needed as you can fill up on other items like the bottles of Bollinger that no one else is drinking.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by muishkin
...you can fill up on other items like the bottles of Bollinger that no one else is drinking.
A traveler after my own heart...er, liver! ^
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
Having flown JFK-SFO-JFK in F this week, I am not sure I could eat a second meal. Grab a snack in the F lounge, have breakfast, a snack (like fruit) and a cookie and I know I was full for a while (and I am not a small guy). Just saying...
Seriously....how much food does one need?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I've seen people complain here about not getting a full hot meal on a 1-hour hop, or on a midcon red-eye departing after midnight. But I suspect most of us neither need nor want to pay for such a thing, at least in the US.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
It's not about eating as much as possible, it's about planning.

I don't usually eat much in the morning, and have a large-ish early lunch, and a small dinner; given the info here I'll actually eat the full breakfast either in the FL or on board. If I did my usual routine and only had the yogurt and maybe something else small off of the tray instead of the full breakfast I'd be starving after 6.5 hours.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:34 am

I mean how many calories do you need in 6 hours?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.