Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$500 Upgrade on American International,

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by makrom
Perhaps I'm missing something terribly obvious since no one else seems to have wondered about it, but... how are you able to write here?
OP already mentioned he has a Samsung phone.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by rjw242
OP already mentioned he has a Samsung phone.
Ah yes, #14 . Perhaps using a different browser will do the trick.

Last edited by makrom; Apr 23, 2017 at 10:03 am
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Just wake the kid up and say "you need to go with me to the lobby to get great seats on tomorrow's flight." Problem solved.
+1
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Will OP be at the check-in counters for the flight telling the agent, 'But I saw the offer to upgrade last night? Can I still do that?' Experience this A LOT with DL, but not so much with AA.

Nevertheless, the offer is likely to expire and my only advice would involve a colloquialism which involves completing a certain bowel movement or simply leaving the bathroom...
Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by shayflyer11
LOL, can't really leave my 11 year old alone in a hotel room (wife would kill me) and I booked this hotel based on distance to JFK (not 5 stars) and not ideal to go downstairs at night.
Did you forget to enroll your 11year old for the challenge?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...challenge.html
Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold
Hey guys, thanks for the help, in the flight now on the wifi! I ended up getting the upgrade for my son, both flying in J!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Hey guys, thanks for the help, in the flight now on the wifi! I ended up getting the upgrade for my son, both flying in J!
Lucky kid! I booked my mom and brother in J for our upcoming trip to Italy this summer, and it's the first time either one of them will fly International J in their entire lives.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K
That look I got from my 8-yr old when he got to his J seat and said "This is all MINE??" Best family flying moment so far.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

lol, don't really get my reaction anymore bc my son has flown J a lot in the past couple years and a few in F. He loves flying so I always try to bring him and my wife on business trips etc. But when he was younger he was in shock for an hour
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Hope you have an enjoyable flight with your son. The first time on International J is an eye opener for most people. But after a while, we start complaining that the seat is angled flat vs being lie flat, LOL!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Lol, reminds when me and my son flew to lisbon from newark some time ago in business on Tap Portugal, my son was expecting a lot more than what was delivered. Let's just leave it at that!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:18 pm

Lol, reminds when me and my son flew to lisbon from newark some time ago in business on Tap Portugal, my son was expecting a lot more than what was delivered.
Man, I remember when I was that age and it was a dream come true to get a window seat. In economy.

Kids these days
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

exactly, I remember when I was 12 I would travel a lot in economy as did everyone else except for very rich businessmen. And for some reason I got an upgrade from New York to London. Not even fully flat, just recliners and I was ecstatic
Old Apr 23, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
@AANYC1981 would love to go downstairs for 5 minutes and would but my wife is meeting us in Barca and I know my son will be talking all 'bout it so.
Woah, would your wife actually be angry if you left an 11 year old alone in a hotel room for 5 minutes?

I know it's useless to give parenting advice over the internet, but almost any 11 year old should be able to handle that, and IMO a parent is doing their kid a serious disservice by not trusting them to do age appropriate things. I knew a few people in college who were raised to think they couldn't handle or should be scared of seriously handleable, non-scary things. The result wasn't pretty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.