Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Baby Stroller Incident on AA591 SFO>DFW April 21st

Baby Stroller Incident on AA591 SFO>DFW April 21st

Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: Recovered UA 1k, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Alaska gold75
Fire that flight attendant

The captain is clearly worthless. There is no leadership there. But the flight attendant is aggressive and making everything worse including provoking the agitated passenger who tries to come to the aid of the crying woman. Send the flight attendant to Fight Club. He would do a lot better there than he is doing in customer service. There is no customer service here just ego. He has no role interacting with the public.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Toshbaf
That would be vindictive and be evidence that you are not a nice person. C'mon, flyertalkers are all nice people!

I am not convinced that the male passenger is not a hothead in real life but he may have some positive aspects in that he is not a sheep.

What I do know is that if all passengers were sheep, the US Capitol would have been destroyed on 9-11.
If you can't see the difference between passengers stopping a terrorist attack and the selfish actions of a passenger inserting himself into the middle of another mundane issue, then that's your prerogative.

The passenger needlessly escalated the situation twice to appease his own ego. What if a brawl started and the female pax dropped her child? If he wanted to be a hero, he should have stood up, comforted the female pax, and maybe even offer her his seat.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by MDJennings
I'll probably just tip the media so they publish his name themselves.
You're a little late. The passenger has already appeared on the news.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/video...-dfw/433267921
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
That would be vindictive and be evidence that you are not a nice person. C'mon, flyertalkers are all nice people!

I am not convinced that the male passenger is not a hothead in real life but he may have some positive aspects in that he is not a sheep.

What I do know is that if all passengers were sheep, the US Capitol would have been destroyed on 9-11.
The bottom line is:

Argentine woman - was struck in the face with a metal object. Was either too demanding or unaware of carry on limitations. She turned out ok with a free F class to Argentina, $1000 voucher, and refund of her ticket.

Hot head FA - He is a hot head. To inflate his chest and say "Hit Me!" should make him subject to disciplinary action.

Meatheat male passenger - He is not a sheep. On 9-11, he might have done good. There are indications that he may be a hot head in real life, which is not good. His actions resulted in a free ticket for the woman. My assessment of him is mixed.

AA - their PR is better than United. Good that they didn't call the police or they didn't handcuff the 2 passengers.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
What happened was that the passenger said - without leaving his seat or moving toward the FA, that IF the FA had done that to him, he would lay him out. That's not a threat because the condition in the statement hadn't been met, and the pax hadn't moved toward the FA. The FA then said bring it, and the pax got out of his seat and moved forward (which he shouldn't have done), and the FA moved forward aggressively.

The initial statement from the pax wasn't a threat, and the motion toward each other started only at the instigation of the FA.
Exactly!

If someone says on a plane, "If you murder someone here, you will be apprehended or cuffed or ... " that is NOT a threat. Just a statement.

Very disappointed that the Union statement did not get this right. Their assertion that the passenger threatened crew is a DISTORTION.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
You're a little late. The passenger has already appeared on the news.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/video...-dfw/433267921
Perfect! I guess I'll let my colleague know that his name is public so he won't be blowing his cover by coming here and posting what he knows about him. ^
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GilpinGal
The captain is clearly worthless. There is no leadership there. But the flight attendant is aggressive and making everything worse including provoking the agitated passenger who tries to come to the aid of the crying woman. Send the flight attendant to Fight Club. He would do a lot better there than he is doing in customer service. There is no customer service here just ego. He has no role interacting with the public.
The captain grabbed the male FA's left shoulder to keep him from charging at the male passenger. The captain is not worthless but professional.

A woman FA blocks the male FA from charging by holding her arm in front of him.

Originally Posted by rjw242
So, as a Federal law enforcement officer, you are saying the passenger committed a crime? Will you be filing charges?
I have seen two people murdered. The killer was not charged so it technically was not murder, maybe killing. That killer should be in jail but, instead, will be receiving an inheritance from the dead people.

So a wrong can be committed without a Federal law enforcement officer saying so.

Last edited by JY1024; Apr 23, 2017 at 11:22 am Reason: Merged consecutive posts - plead use multiquote
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Exactly!

If someone says on a plane, "If you murder someone here, you will be apprehended or cuffed or ... " that is NOT a threat. Just a statement.

Very disappointed that the Union statement did not get this right. Their assertion that the passenger threatened crew is a DISTORTION.
A hypothetical, "if you serve me cold coffee, I'm going to find where you live and kill you," is more representative of the pax's intended action-threat relationship.

No words even have to be spoken for intimidation to occur. A pax simply pointing at a flight attendant (or even their estranged ex-wife) then making a strangling or finger gun motion would count.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
Standing up does not mean threatening someone who accidentally hit another person. Saying you are going to thrash someone if they accidentally hit you doesn't make you the bigger man. It makes you a troglodyte. He should have been removed from the plane.
You added "accidentally" - not sure of your basis for doing so.

Does the FA's behaviour on video look like he "accidentally" hit the lady and gave her a goose egg and almost hit her children? Did he apologize? Anyone would have, esp if it were an accident. Did he empathisize? Anyone would have, esp if it were an accident. Would you have? Or you identify with the FA and would have behaved the way he did?

If the FA were right, then AA (and many in this world and on this board) are so terribly wrong. He should not have been suspended.

Perhaps the Union should call a strike to support the poor FA!?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I have seen two people murdered. The killer was not charged so it technically was not murder, maybe killing. That killer should be in jail but, instead, will be receiving an inheritance from the dead people.

So a wrong can be committed without a Federal law enforcement officer saying so.
But you said the male pax committed a crime by not punching the FA (and in the above quote stated that such a crime is tantamount to murder). So, I'll ask again - is this your official statement on the matter as a Federal official? Will you be pressing charges?
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
You added "accidentally" - not sure of your basis for doing so.

Does the FA's behaviour on video look like he "accidentally" hit the lady and gave her a goose egg and almost hit her children? Did he apologize? Anyone would have, esp if it were an accident. Did he empathisize? Anyone would have, esp if it were an accident. Would you have? Or you identify with the FA and would have behaved the way he did?

If the FA were right, then AA (and many in this world and on this board) are so terribly wrong. He should not have been suspended.

Perhaps the Union should call a strike to support the poor FA!?
Where in the video was the female pax struck by any object?

It's possible the FA apologized for accidental contact, but she became irate/distraught and kept insisting it was intentional. After a few minutes of that, along with another unrelated male pax inserting himself into the situation, he could have become overly flustered.

If she was truly smacked in the face with it, I doubt she'd still be standing while holding a child. It doesn't even appear any medical attention was being given to her for lack of need.

Anyway, I hope every single person upset at the FA and/or AA decides to boycott them by cancelling non-refundable tickets and award flights. I donate every single mile I earn to charity and they could use make great use of more SAAver awards.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:26 pm
Suspended

But you said the male pax committed a crime by not punching the FA (and in the above quote stated that such a crime is tantamount to murder). So, I'll ask again - is this your official statement on the matter as a Federal official? Will you be pressing charges?
Ha ha, you are like the male passenger!

Hit me! Hit me! Go ahead, be a man and hit me.

The male passenger did not (and correctly so) obey the instructions of a crew member to hit him. No charges should be filed because the airline is not United ().

Such offense is not tantamount to murder. Who said that?

The male FA is an example of bad professional judgement, being a hot head, and entrapment (instructing the male passenger to hit him with the intention of having him arrested if he complied with those instructions), and being ugly.

Last edited by Microwave; Apr 23, 2017 at 9:55 am Reason: Combined consecutive posts for readability
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:41 pm

Local TV news reports the woman got her plane ticket to Argentina refunded, got a $1000 voucher, and upgraded to first class to Argentina.
Plus an Easter egg on the forehead.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:42 pm

The male passenger did not (and correctly so) obey the instructions of a crew member to hit him. No charges should be filed because the airline is not United ().

Such offense is not tantamount to murder. Who said that?
I think you need to do a little research on the concept of a lawful order or a reasonable request.

The male pax would have been really useful when it came to removing Dr. Dao from that United flight.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by MDJennings
Perfect! I guess I'll let my colleague know that his name is public so he won't be blowing his cover by coming here and posting what he knows about him. ^
Is your colleague the FA or related to him?

You said male passenger is a hothead. What would you call the FA then? Cool head? He would be Nuke Head . He was the one who commanded the passenger
to fight him and his superior, the pilot, plus his colleague, the lady FA, had to physically deter him when he puffed up his chest and readied himself at the passenger. How uncharacteristic of a "hot head" for the passenger to shy away back to his seat.

Last edited by IncyWincy; Apr 23, 2017 at 12:11 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.