Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Baby Stroller Incident on AA591 SFO>DFW April 21st

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baby Stroller Incident on AA591 SFO>DFW April 21st

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Without video of the stroller grab hard to draw any conclusions about that.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
The agent in the blue who took the stroller away looks like he needs a better bedside manner.
What about the passenger threatening to lay him flat?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
The agent in the blue who took the stroller away looks like he needs a better bedside manner.
Maybe...
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by apodo77
I agree, sometimes people think they are helping or being supportive but they are only escalating the situation.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
riiight - cost assaulting someone is really great
You don't understand: I would have loved to see it happen because then he would have been arrested, banned from that airline, and hopefully tased. There is too much false bravado and entitlement in this industry from people on $80 tickets (not saying that this specific pax was).

Like a pilot posted on another forum on FT: sit down, shut up, do what you're told, and pray there are no air accidents and you get to your destination in one piece. People should remember this when the cost of their airfare is less than the cost of the fuel their automobile would consume if driving the distance instead. This pax needlessly escalated the situation.

Last edited by MDJennings; Apr 21, 2017 at 9:24 pm Reason: addition
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by apodo77
Clearly the pax was out of line - the gate agent instead of trying to defuse it tried to get into the pax face and was egging the pax on. It was like some kid on a playground who had his pride wounded. Quite different from a service professional who doesn't take what a customer says personally.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Martina70
Well, clearly there was some sort of kerfuffle over a stroller which resulted in either the crew member 'grabbing' or taking in from her after some back and forth. It seems like a silly thing to get worked up over, it would be gate checked and not left behind, which is the basis of my assumption, she was probably already stressed out before she got on board.
theres literally nothing clear about anything.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

From the video, all I can see is that

Woman did not want stroller(s) to be checked in
Was upset
cabin crew seemed to be working well to deal with situation
Some male passenger decided it was ok to butt in
the agent with blue shirt reacted in a manner inappropriate for someone in a customer facing role

The male passenger seems to be the key person in the wrong - threatening a member of staff
The target of his verbal assault reacts inappropriately

Nothing there that indicates that there was an issue with the original refusal to allow the stroller(s) on
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
the gentleman in blue who appears at about 1:40 is one of the flight attendants... gate agents don't wear wings.

surprised the Captain seems so involved in this. Looks like he is just there to watch it.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
the gentleman in blue who appears at about 1:40 is one of the flight attendants... gate agents don't wear wings.

surprised the Captain seems so involved in this. Looks like he is just there to watch it.
The captain appears to be doing his best to diffuse the situation. Which is what we'd expect, of course.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MDJennings
You don't understand: I would have loved to see it happen because then he would have been arrested, banned from that airline, and hopefully tased. There is too much false bravado and entitlement in this industry from people on $80 tickets (not saying that this specific pax was).

Like a pilot posted on another forum on FT: sit down, shut up, do what you're told, and pray there are no air accidents and you get to your destination in one piece. People should remember this when the cost of their airfare is less than the cost of the fuel their automobile would consume if driving the distance instead.
Ugh. Give me a break.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by MDJennings
You don't understand: I would have loved to see it happen because then he would have been arrested, banned from that airline, and hopefully tased.
I'm afraid your creepy little fantasy will in reality be rare to nonexistent going forward.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
From the video, all I can see is that

Woman did not want stroller(s) to be checked in
Was upset
cabin crew seemed to be working well to deal with situation
Some male passenger decided it was ok to butt in
the agent with blue shirt reacted in a manner inappropriate for someone in a customer facing role

The male passenger seems to be the key person in the wrong - threatening a member of staff
The target of his verbal assault reacts inappropriately

Nothing there that indicates that there was an issue with the original refusal to allow the stroller(s) on
I hope we can nearly all agree that the male passenger was out of line and the agent responded unprofessionally and counterproductively.

What's alleged to have happened off camera is a lot more disturbing. It was completely inappropriate for the agent to pull the stroller away from the mother on the jetway. That alone should be grounds for termination. Whether deliberate or not, striking her could easily be seen as a criminal act.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:09 pm

Programs: All of the Above
If I was that male passenger and I saw a baby almost hit because of the flight attendant, you better bet that I would be saying the same thing the male passenger said. He did not curse but told the flight attendant he was wrong. Anyone else that would just sit there and watch that, without interjecting anything, should be ashamed of themselves.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:22 pm

Also, why was the aggressive male passenger allowed to fly, while the mother and children were removed. Her worst offense seems to have been crying.

On the other hand, assuming the press release is accurate, at least AA reversed their decision and allowed them to fly later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.