Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Lost Citi Platinum $100 Certificate. Any Hope?

Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold

Anybody have success getting another issued? I tacked mine to the fridge some months ago, but clearly have lost it somewhere in the house. It expires 4/30 and I would hate to miss out. I have searched for similar threads but cannot find on point advice. Apologies if this is a repeat question.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
If it was sent email, it should be there.,
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by heatheresq
Anybody have success getting another issued? I tacked mine to the fridge some months ago, but clearly have lost it somewhere in the house. It expires 4/30 and I would hate to miss out. I have searched for similar threads but cannot find on point advice. Apologies if this is a repeat question.
Sadly from experience no. Citi said specifically that they can not reissue them. You can try calling or emailing and asking.

Their "no, you are out of luck" spurred me to look harder and finally found mine, but they were pretty clear on it.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:09 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by satman40
If it was sent email, it should be there.,
These are paper vouchers/certificates that Citi sends snail mail.

This query has come up sporadically in the past, and if my memory serves, I think you unfortunately may be out of luck if the physical certificate is lost.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Sadly from experience no. Citi said specifically that they can not reissue them. You can try calling or emailing and asking.

Their "no, you are out of luck" spurred me to look harder and finally found mine, but they were pretty clear on it.
Thanks. I need to do a deep clean. My fridge is right next to my trash can and the paper definitely had the appearance of junk mail so I am not particularly hopeful. Fingers crossed!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:47 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
In the COMPUTER AGE, why should vouchers be anything but electronic.
How many years did it take to switch from paper to e-tickets?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA PPro, DL Gold, UA Silver, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
In the COMPUTER AGE, why should vouchers be anything but electronic.
How many years did it take to switch from paper to e-tickets?
Simple, paper issued vouchers have a higher chance of being lost or forgotten, which means more seats AA can sell at normal/higher fares.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.