Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

aa.com Basic (front page) vs Advanced Award Search Results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aa.com Basic (front page) vs Advanced Award Search Results

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA AA and more
Arrow Is this personal? Or am I missing something?

Looking for a flight from MAD to LAS.

Top - browsing incognito not logged in
Bottom - regular browsing, logged in to my AA account.
What-da-F?

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 1, 2017 at 8:12 am Reason: Restore original post title
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:03 am

Hmm, did you mean to include some pictures?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Not as much as we're missing.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jordyn
Hmm, did you mean to include some pictures?
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Not as much as we're missing.
Added the screenshots
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
It would be interesting to post the route and month and then others can post what they see when logged in, as well as their status.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:28 am

Does that SAAver availability that you're showing include BA legs perchance? I've been seeing a weird thing on aa.com over the past few days regarding searches where I am actually trying to find some itineraries with BA TATL legs (crazy talk, I know, but flying LHR-IAD cuts a leg out of many of my journeys so I often find it worth the fuel surcharges).

Searching just on the main page search, it won't return the routings with BA - it will only look for AA metal. I have to go to advanced search, and even though the drop-down is set by default to "all airlines", only when I search through there am I then being shown the itineraries with BA legs. Could this be what you're seeing? It's odd, to be sure, but it's been happening to me for like a week now.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
It would be interesting to post the route and month and then others can post what they see when logged in, as well as their status.
MAD-LAS Jun 3rd
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Does that SAAver availability that you're showing include BA legs perchance? I've been seeing a weird thing on aa.com over the past few days regarding searches where I am actually trying to find some itineraries with BA TATL legs (crazy talk, I know, but flying LHR-IAD cuts a leg out of many of my journeys so I often find it worth the fuel surcharges).

Searching just on the main page search, it won't return the routings with BA - it will only look for AA metal. I have to go to advanced search, and even though the drop-down is set by default to "all airlines", only when I search through there am I then being shown the itineraries with BA legs. Could this be what you're seeing? It's odd, to be sure, but it's been happening to me for like a week now.
Both are searches from the main page. I think there is BA availability on these.
I'll try on the advanced search
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:53 am

So I just did what I described above on the date/city combination that you stated. Logged in, search on the main page, nothing in J/F SAAver. Went to advanced search, didn't touch a thing, clicked search, now showing J/F SAAver with BA LHR-PHX or LHR-LAS as the TATL. So it seems you were encountering the same issue I was.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Try clearing your cache or another browser. Some shopping sites are tracking what you're looking for and will up the prices the next time you try the same search. I wouldn't put it past AA.com to do the same.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP
Expertflyer doesn't show award availability on LHR-PHX or LHR-LAS on that date. I suspect an error on aa.com rather than a deliberate decision to hide award seats.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by deeruck
Expertflyer doesn't show award availability on LHR-PHX or LHR-LAS on that date. I suspect an error on aa.com rather than a deliberate decision to hide award seats.
To be clear, AA.com, in the search results I referred to earlier, didn't show it on exactly June 3 either - I believe it was the 1st and the 8th. The point in play here was that there went from being no available itineraries anywhere on the results calendar to there being some on dates proximate to the search target date.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by arlflyer
To be clear, AA.com, in the search results I referred to earlier, didn't show it on exactly June 3 either - I believe it was the 1st and the 8th. The point in play here was that there went from being no available itineraries anywhere on the results calendar to there being some on dates proximate to the search target date.
Oh, ok. I tried the same search you did, but I didn't available itineraries using the incognito window. If you find possible itineraries, I suggest searching for the individual segments on the BA website or EF, to see if they report that the availability is actually there. Would be good to narrow down where the problem is.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by deeruck
If you find possible itineraries, I suggest searching for the individual segments on the BA website or EF, to see if they report that the availability is actually there. Would be good to narrow down where the problem is.
Yeah, that is how I actually ran into this. I always start off searching trips leg by leg on BA.com The BA site was showing me the flights I needed, but I couldn't get it to replicate on AA.com. But I noticed that something was up with the AA search results from the main page since it was showing only AA under the airlines check box on the results page. So I went into advanced search, ran it, and it started including BA legs - the itineraries I'd been able to piece together on BA.com then came out on AA.com.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Some shopping sites are tracking what you're looking for and will up the prices the next time you try the same search.
I encountered this exact situation a few years ago when redeeming an award on DL. Price kept increasing every time I searched until I cleared my cookies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.