Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Rudest Check-in Agent I have had. I hope that I did the right thing.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rudest Check-in Agent I have had. I hope that I did the right thing.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Reading this thread - - c'mon man! lol.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Maybe you consider the OP gold standard - I say she lacks the self-awareness to recognize her contribution to a minor situation she then blows out of proportion.
Precisely.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: Aadvantage, SPG
My one enduring lesson as a med student from my psychiatry attending-don't argue with strangers. You just never know what's going on inside of them (explosive, depression or just normal stuff).
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:14 am
Suspended

Oh dear it seems Pucci Galore had a rough day. The G&T must have tasted off...but I would like to say that I think the agent is only doing his job. He said Good morning and issued BP. Consider job done. There are minor misunderstandings in both party but I don't think he would be the rudest at all. In fact I don't know if he is particularly rude, just emotionless from the description.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by uyman
My one enduring lesson as a med student from my psychiatry attending-don't argue with strangers. You just never know what's going on inside of them (explosive, depression or just normal stuff).
good advice and I will remember that, says the always arguing guy me.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by AC*SE
Rudeness is in the eye of individual. Conduct that I might consider quick and efficient another person might consider brusque and rude. Neither of those perspectives are wrong.

To state categorically that the agent's conduct was not rude is to treat the OP's perception and belief as invalid--which is itself the height of rudeness, from my perspective.

I sympathize with both parties, but in a service industry the benefit of the doubt tends to go to the person who is purchasing the service.
best response I've read so far!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Oh joy. Another he said / she said, one-sided report of a verbal & perceived attitude interaction. Do these threads ever go anywhere useful?

And if this is the OP's idea of what an especially rude agent is: I humbly suggest that OP fly more as a passenger.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I can't imagine what the OP will think when she sees the replies. It's not the usual fawning-fest that she is accustomed to over on BA!!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Who had a dog and why was it being summoned?

Sounds to me like someone checked you in and gave you your BPs. I can't say I've ever had a desk agent inform me of delays.

The response to "what time as it" that you gave certainly sounded to me that it could have been interpreted as sarcasm. Did you really feel that the AAgent was asking you for the current time, and not the time of your flight?
Clearly the OP felt the agent should have physically walked over, took him by the hand, and led him/her on a parade to the check-in desk.

Seriously, check in agents on every airline I've flown wave you over and call out "next". I don't think it's rude.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Originally Posted by sleuth
Clearly the OP felt the agent should have physically walked over, took him by the hand, and led him/her on a parade to the check-in desk.

Seriously, check in agents on every airline I've flown wave you over and call out "next". I don't think it's rude.
Agreed. PUCCI GALORE needs to get over herself.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
I hate it when people say Good Morning to me. So rude!!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
On the face of it, I personally didn't see anything rude, but we can't tell tone, etc from a post, so maybe the tone was what made it all rude.

Also, for those of you commenting above about "I'm always nice to people, and they are nice to me," I used to think that way too. But sometimes people don't need anything to set them off, they are just naturally that way, which was the case with the rudest check-in agent I have ever encountered (I wasn't even in line to check in yet when he approached me and started giving me a lecture about making his life difficult). So I no longer jump to the conclusion that OP must've done something to make the agent be rude to her.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
I've had my share of generally curt agents at AA, and yes, actually, the times I remember them being particularly unhelpful were at LAX.

Perhaps a statement of things that I am generally more surprised when I get a courteous and helpful AA (or UA frankly) employee than when I get an unfriendly one.

Frankly sounds like some of the gate agents perhaps would benefit from a little "hairbrush discipline", though that's not very politically correct. Frankly I find complaining does nothing to change anyone anyway, so I just carry on about feeling sorry for how unhappy their life must be.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by wrp96
So I no longer jump to the conclusion that OP must've done something to make the agent be rude to her.
Fully agreed. Some people just have an unpleasant disposition. But also some people who think they're always as sweet as pie, aren't.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. A lot of people sure want to jump on the OP for .... What, exactly? Observing that she was treated more rudely than is normally her experience. Were any of you there? Do any of you know her well enough to make the kind of assumptions about her character that you've posted? Have any of you even read the thousands of other posts that might give you an idea of who this woman is (she has the by far absolute best screen name on FT, btw).
I have, and I'm giving Ms. Galore the benefit of accepting her post as an accurate representation of what went down.
But....this thread sure is explicative of where FT fora go so often. Dismissive reactions to posters who report a problem with an airline that the fora contributors often feel very positive about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.