Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Resetting AA website home page country selection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Resetting aa.com Home Page For Country and Language

Members have offered the following solutions:

coolcoil and BlatheringPenguin keep the following bookmarked:
Dave Noble

You don't need to know any Spanish or Japanese or other languages

At top right of page there is a flag icon ( e.g. the Japanese flag if on the Japanese site )
  • Click on that and there are 2 drop down boxes and one blue button
  • In second dropdown, select "English"
  • Click on blue button
  • Site will now be in English
Click on the flag and the 1st drop down box will be in English
  • Select "United States"
  • Second drop down box will default to English
  • Click the Blue button marked "Select"
Will now be on US site

Click on the US flag icon - the 2 drop downs will have "United States" and "English" and there is a tick box marked "Remember this selection?"

Tick the "Remember this selection?" and click the blue select button

If these don't allow your selection to "stick" to default, you may need to use your browser tools to delete cookies from AA, and possibly clear your cache.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Arrow Resetting AA website home page country selection

Last week I was in Amsterdam and accessed the AA web page. It threw me over to the Netherlands web page. I'm now back in the US, and every time I go to aa.com I get sent to the Netherlands page in Dutch. I tried changing the site to Canadian, but that gets forgotten.

I don't want to delete all my IE cookies. How can I reset AA to go back to the US page?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
IE has the facility to delete specific cookies instead of all cookies. So you could just delete the AA cookie (or cookies)
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA PP 1.8MM, PC Spire, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Globalist
Try changing it to Canadian English, then from the Canadian website select the United States English and don't forget to check the "Remember this selection?" checkbox on the Canadian AA website.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My phone has been stuck in Chinese for a week. Only the AA site. I get it back to English and reverts back.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by britz
My phone has been stuck in Chinese for a week. Only the AA site. I get it back to English and reverts back.
Exact same issue and it driving me crazy!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

To set it to US from country I was being routed to

on the local page , I did select country USA and was directed to the USA page

Then on USA page, went up to select country, left it on USA and then tickek remember this selection and clicked select

After this it stuck to USA page and has worked repeatedly after cookie deletions
amndflyer likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Exact same issue and it driving me crazy!
Ditto here - stuck in Hong Kong / Chinese on the phone for months... I've given up trying to fix it.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 5:24 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by checkerboard
Ditto here - stuck in Hong Kong / Chinese on the phone for months... I've given up trying to fix it.
I've had the same thing for Japan... In Japanese. I've been able to switch it when I need to but it always goes back. I didn't see a remember me tick box.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Same problem. So I have the US page listed under Favorites as I'm stuck on Hong Kong Chinese (I'd take it, but it doesn't have a login facility!). Really, this shouldn't happen at all. Didn't happen before...
Old Sep 17, 2016, 8:21 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
I've had the same thing for Japan... In Japanese. I've been able to switch it when I need to but it always goes back. I didn't see a remember me tick box.
Same problem. I have been to Japan 100 times but after a trip there a couple of weeks ago, my AA page has been stuck on the AA Japan site in Japanese. I am able to move it to English but the search function is the clunky Japan search version and everything prices out in yen. This has never happened before.

I am not having the same issue on my iPad which I also used during this trip to access the AA site so it must be a Windows-based issue.

I'll try deleting all AA cookies and see if that fixes it.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I've been having the same issue with the site reverting to DE after being there last month, and despite changing to US location and English language at least 10 times on their interface. I finally fixed it by removing cookies just for AA (in Chrome, clicked on the little icon at the beginning of the web address, clicked on Cookies for this site, and removed all of them).
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:09 am

dont know if i'm in the right place or not, but i'm at my wits end. I guess i somehow changed the AA page to Korean once and now every time i go to AA.com it automatically goes to the korean page. i keep changing it to the United States page, but it keeps going back. ever. single. time. any fixes? i'm using chrome btw

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 4, 2017 at 11:57 pm Reason: Restore original post content
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by omaralt
dont know if i'm in the right place or not, but i'm at my wits end. I guess i somehow changed the AA page to Korean once and now every time i go to AA.com it automatically goes to the korean page. i keep changing it to the United States page, but it keeps going back. ever. single. time. any fixes? i'm using chrome btw
Try clearing your cookies for AA.com (Chrome -> Preferences -> Advanced Settings -> Content Settings -> All cookies and site data -> enter AA.com in the search box and click "Remove all shown")
Old Mar 1, 2017, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by rjw242
Try clearing your cookies for AA.com (Chrome -> Preferences -> Advanced Settings -> Content Settings -> All cookies and site data -> enter AA.com in the search box and click "Remove all shown")
you are amazing. that worked perfectly. thanks again!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
I was going nuts on this issue, thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.