Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No alcohol until out of state from BDL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
The BDL AC lets you get loaded, even in mornings. Don't know why they couldn't serve on the aircraft.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
FWIW, I've flown DL at all times of day out of BDL, and I've never been denied a PDB due to liquor laws. Maybe it's just an AA thing for some reason?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Well CT is one of the more puritanical states, only allowing alcohol sales on Sundays in the last 3-4 years. I thought there was a convention about after takeoff some generic regs governed vs those of the state you might be passing over. Otherwise it could be like driving on the interstate where the speed limit changes from place to place. Yes you can have a drink now, wait now no you can't.
Our liquor stores were only able to stay open until 8pm for a long time too. They seem to be able to stay open later now. It saves a lot of time driving over to New York to get beer. It was he!! driving by a liquor store around 8 before if the place was really busy you were taking your life in your hands.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
OP here. As noted, this was unusual.

I'm based out of BDL and fly out of there about 30 to 40 weeks a year since 1995. (AA 95% of time over years)

This was the first experience I ever had seeing firsthand a denial of service of alcohol for a PDB.

And I do agree with the poster that if I want to leave the BDL AC smashed, it is never a problem. Even if I am arriving.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:38 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JumboJet
Our liquor stores were only able to stay open until 8pm for a long time too. They seem to be able to stay open later now. It saves a lot of time driving over to New York to get beer. It was he!! driving by a liquor store around 8 before if the place was really busy you were taking your life in your hands.
In NYS you CANNOT buy beer in liquor stores, you CAN buy it in groceries and even gas stations. As far as liquor purchases, liquor stores hours are set by locality, but I think MIDNIGHT is the statewide cut-off; at one time liquor stores were closed on Sunday and groceries couldn't sell beer before NOON on Sunday but is now 10 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.