Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LAX: AA relocated from Terminal 6 to 5 Tue 31 Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AA LAX Relocated Four Gates an Shuttle Bus Port from T-6 to Terminal 5 31 Jan 2017

LAWA news release, in part: Link

Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) officials announce that American Airlines will switch four boarding gates and its American Eagle shuttle bus gate to Terminal 5 from their current location in Terminal 6, beginning 3 a.m. on Tuesday, January 31. These changes do not affect American’s primary operations in Terminal 4. The airline will have a new check-in lobby at the east end of Terminal 5 to serve passengers departing from that terminal.

Starting Tuesday morning (31 Jan 2017), American Airlines passengers who check in online for their flights and are assigned to Gates 50A, 50B, 52 (American Eagle bus gate), 53A or 53B, arrive at Terminal 5.

American’s new Terminal 5 gates are now closer to the airline’s base in Terminal 4, and more easily accessible using a tunnel that connects these two terminals.

Airline location signs on the curbs and changeable message signs on the roadways will assist motorists and passengers in finding the correct terminal.

This thread is temporary, to inform members of this significant change. For further information, see: AA Guide: LAX / Los Angeles Int Airport, MCT / Connection, etc. (Master thread). /Moderator
Print Wikipost

LAX: AA relocated from Terminal 6 to 5 Tue 31 Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by carlosdca
An "automated people mover" is going to be built at LAX (it may have its own thread somewhere else, I haven't looked)

<snip>

It will still require walking between 2 and 6, since the people mover will apparently cut through the middle of the parking lots, but I am guessing the project contemplates construction of walkways so that the T2-T6 walk (or any other across airport) will be a more civilized one.

Hang tight until 2023, expected completion date, in time for the 2024 Olympics (if we beat Paris, the only left contender).
As mentioned, QR will be moving to TBIT way before that (May 2017, iirc).

But thanks for the information! It's kinda primitive, will be hella expensive, but they never imagined the utilization or need when they developed the plans for the original satellites with underground walkways. (Can't say I miss those much.)
Old Mar 1, 2017, 11:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LDVFlyer
How could your source say that with any certainty? The rents and rental offsets for the T4 master lease are still being negotiated. (The matter is back on the agenda for this week.)

And the issue with the DL lounge space was timing.
No, and, no. Wrong.

Originally Posted by JDiver
...What does T-4 have to do with T-5?
I wonder this myself.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by JDiver
very unimpressive Maple Leaf Lounge
Well I enjoyed self serve draft Stella Artois.

That's all I wanted
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Tomorrow night I have a flight that is supposed to be leaving from Gate 63 (at least, that is what it indicates on the app), should I assume that it's supposed to be T5 and not T6?

FWIW, It's AA696.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by JonNYC
OTOH, the good news is that AA -will- be leasing DL's lounge space-- which was assumed, to a degree, but mostly definitely almost -didn't- happen.
Great. That means there will be three ACs at LAX (and two with shower facilities). ^
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have an AA flight that's supposed to land at Gate 61 in Terminal 6, and then I'm supposed to make a tight connection to Terminal 4 (good thing there's a tunnel). Is this real? Is AA still operating out of Terminal 6? The website says no:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...ax-airport.jsp
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by iahphx
I have an AA flight that's supposed to land at Gate 61 in Terminal 6, and then I'm supposed to make a tight connection to Terminal 4 (good thing there's a tunnel). Is this real? Is AA still operating out of Terminal 6? The website says no:

I'd be very surprised if you landed in T6. But even if you do, it's only 5 mins further.

Be sure to not accidentally exit the secure terminal area. It's happens, ask me how I know.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond

Where did you get the information that your flight was landing at gate 61?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:05 am

Programs: AA LT Gold

Are you sure it is not an AA marketed Alaska Airlines Operated?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hbtr
Where did you get the information that your flight was landing at gate 61?
From the AA.com website!

But that was the day before arrival (I was double checking because I have a tight connection, I know everyone's relocating at LAX, and wanted to see what I was in for). But it's now showing a Terminal 4 gate. So it must be a weird IT glitch: does AA randomly make meaningless gate assignments and then "fix" them?
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
From the AA.com website!

But that was the day before arrival (I was double checking because I have a tight connection, I know everyone's relocating at LAX, and wanted to see what I was in for). But it's now showing a Terminal 4 gate. So it must be a weird IT glitch: does AA randomly make meaningless gate assignments and then "fix" them?
this has happened to me a few times flying SFO-ORD. It showed arrival at the International Terminal (5)! I had to call into the EXP line the first time it happened because I had a 45 min connection and wanted to make sure it wasn't a glitch (no way you could connect intl to domestic at ORD in that time - they suggested it would likely get updated the next morning and it did. Has happened again since and it's always been updated the morning of the flight so that's likely what happened here (EXP agent supervisor suggested that ops was moving a bunch of flights around and likely was parking flights at meaningless gates in the system)
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I have a 10:10 AM flight tomorrow out of gate 50A, terminal 5 at LAX. It seems like the terminal 5 admiral's club isn't open yet (unless I missed the announcement).

Is it unrealistic to go the the lounge in Terminal 4 and then take the connector to Terminal 5? How long would that take (terminal 4 AC to gate 50A) if walking at a moderate pace?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
I have a 10:10 AM flight tomorrow out of gate 50A, terminal 5 at LAX. It seems like the terminal 5 admiral's club isn't open yet (unless I missed the announcement).

Is it unrealistic to go the the lounge in Terminal 4 and then take the connector to Terminal 5? How long would that take (terminal 4 AC to gate 50A) if walking at a moderate pace?
10 minutes
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by jcatman
10 minutes
Thanks! Sounds similar to the walk to TBIT, which I find pleasant if I'm not rushed.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
Thanks! Sounds similar to the walk to TBIT, which I find pleasant if I'm not rushed.
The walk to TBIT is temperature controlled.

The "tunnel" from Terminal 4 to Terminal 5 / 6 is not. You'll be sweating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.