Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:29 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Seriously? Maybe you should keep that to yourself. Or fly coach.
Dear Flyertalk: thanks for the new-fangled "like" button. Now we need a "dislike" button.

The idea that one's worth as a human being is improved by using fancy words for "grub" is ludicrous.
steve64, JonNYC, CJR and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Had to look up peppadew. Hardly a common ingredient, at least to this ugly American. Sorry, won't be sitting in coach.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by golfingboy
I have this unappetizing menu next week too. On Midwest/East Coast-Europe flights I typically skip breakfast. For my DFW-MAD flight I am seriously considering only eating the appetizer and salad then go straight to sleep to wake up in time for breakfast instead.

I'd need to get up at 4am (EST) the day of the flight to do this considering the 4:40pm departure.
Why not choose one of the many special meals in that case and take a gamble? Can't we worst than not having anything.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by Acid
AA site doesn't mention that Hindu Meal is Veg. Hindu's do eat meat, no beef.

Hindu: Prepared according to Hindu dietary practices and may include dairy, curries and spicy flavors
Yes, my oversight as it may not be Veg. I was also wondering if they serve the same Hindu meal regardless of flying coach, biz or first?
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
The new Mark Sargeant Business Class menu STINKS

Quite literally. Passengers on my ex-LHR flight were offered, as a starter, a platter with hummus and kale (!!!) tabbouleh. Mains include a heavily seasoned (and quite tasty) Moroccan chicken, as well as seared turbot with mint matcha vinaigrette and cauliflower rice. One of the options for the second meal was "Charred cauliflower power bowl" with hummus and garlic!

Honestly, I'm usually the first to praise any departure from bland airline food, but there was a constant stench throughout the cabin for the entire flight. Did nobody actually think of trying out these dishes in a confined space?
rqd and zpaul like this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Quite literally. Passengers on my ex-LHR flight were offered, as a starter, a platter with hummus and kale (!!!) tabbouleh. Mains include a heavily seasoned (and quite tasty) Moroccan chicken, as well as seared turbot with mint matcha vinaigrette and cauliflower rice. One of the options for the second meal was "Charred cauliflower power bowl" with hummus and garlic!

Honestly, I'm usually the first to praise any departure from bland airline food, but there was a constant stench throughout the cabin for the entire flight. Did nobody actually think of trying out these dishes in a confined space?
Completely agree; just flew seated next to the forward galley and aside from leaving most of my meal untouched, the stench was also permeating my dreams. Not the most pleasant flight by any means.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I had that beef dish and thought it was good......comes with a nice red sauce on the side. I have pics but can't get them uploaded on this site anymore
Although you can't upload pictures, is it all served on one plate? I am asking since I am traveling with my brother who is a picky eater, and he is weird about food mixing. Any more info would help. Thank you!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
There's a thread for this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...thread-28.html
JonNYC likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
My Bad

I thought this was a (another) complaint about quality.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: American Executive Platinum, Delta, Alaska, Hyatt, SPG
After having enjoyed/endured 10 segments on AA premium international cabins within the last 2 years I've become accustomed to the maddening inconsistencies in services. But, one thing seems to be rather constant: catering on flights leaving the USA is almost always terrible, while catering on flights returning to the USA is usually much, much better. Why can't AA find good caterers out of U.S. airports for their international flights? Is it because they are used to lousy caterers for their domestic F meals?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:03 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ErickG
After having enjoyed/endured 10 segments on AA premium international cabins within the last 2 years I've become accustomed to the maddening inconsistencies in services. But, one thing seems to be rather constant: catering on flights leaving the USA is almost always terrible, while catering on flights returning to the USA is usually much, much better. Why can't AA find good caterers out of U.S. airports for their international flights? Is it because they are used to lousy caterers for their domestic F meals?
Cuisine in other parts of the world is often better than cuisine in the USA, and it's more than just airplanes: restaurants, grocery stores, street vendors, etc.
LCSinTexas likes this.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Aug 13, 2017 at 3:17 pm Reason: Typo
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Cuisine in other parts of the world is often better than cuisine in the USA, and it's more than just airplanes: restaurant, grocery stores, street vendors, etc.
And whilst we are at it, why can't AA do a decent breakfast?
Some horrible tasting flat thing or yoghurt based goo, instead of bacon, eggs, sausage etc, which you get on other airlines, even proper cereal would be a start!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Cuisine in other parts of the world is often better than cuisine in the USA, and it's more than just airplanes: restaurant, grocery stores, street vendors, etc.
This!
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:20 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Acid
Why not choose one of the many special meals in that case and take a gamble? Can't we worst than not having anything.
There is no, or very little, information on those meals and what the meal contains. I am a somewhat fussy eater.

I figure better the devil I know than the devil I don't...
Old Aug 14, 2017, 7:40 am

My options for MAD-PHL next month. I'm leaning to the ravioli as I don't love monkfish and I know how easy it is for AA (and many airlines) to screw up a steak, but any thoughts?

Grilled Angus Striploin
demi-glace, parsnip and horseradish purée, mixed vegetables

Grilled Pork Chop
sherry caramel, Jerusalem artichoke purée, roasted savoy cabbage

Monkfish Filet
king crab fried rice, black bean sauce, edamame

Truffle and Ricotta Stuffed Ravioli
Alfredo sauce, wild mushrooms

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.