Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hirohito888
Food was very sub-par, especially the brunch, which was not substantive at all for a 14h flight. And only 2 choices, not even an Asian option. Sorry for sounding negative on this forum, but having flown AA, UA, DL longhaul in the last 6 weeks, I found AA the least outstanding in terms of food, catering, and service onboard.
I don't understand what part of this causes AA to refer to it as a "brunch" meal. They do the same thing on transcon flights. Nothing I see listed on the menu for "brunch" gives me any reason to think it isn't simply a breakfast. One would expect lunchtime options with a brunch, and AA never offers that.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cmd320
I don't understand what part of this causes AA to refer to it as a "brunch" meal. They do the same thing on transcon flights. Nothing I see listed on the menu for "brunch" gives me any reason to think it isn't simply a breakfast. One would expect lunchtime options with a brunch, and AA never offers that.
Cheaper to call breakfast "Brunch" than actually serve something resembling brunch.
Not surprising though as it's just more AA lies and meaningless words like "Going for Great".
Old May 8, 2017, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I noticed that most (all?) appetizers on the business class menus lack any protein (e.g. smoked, fish, chicken, air-dried meat). Is this standard?
Old May 8, 2017, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cesco.g
I noticed that most (all?) appetizers on the business class menus lack any protein (e.g. smoked, fish, chicken, air-dried meat). Is this standard?
Protein costs money.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Have been flying weekly to Europe for the past 15 months and have never seen protein in the app. Quinoa, on the other hand, has been ubiquitous.
Old May 8, 2017, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's been years but you used to get seafood in at least one direction; after the 763s went to 2-class, they actually had a nice trio platter - smoked salmon, shrimp, and I think scallop. But then often on the 2-class ex-LHR you'd get a couple slices of portobello and a cherry tomato.

ETA: So in 2005 on CDG-JFK it was the trio, and then 2009 MIA-GIG (all 2-class) it was just salmon and herb-marinated shrimp.
Old May 8, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Scallops were the app in J on Syd to Lax the other day
Old May 9, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: AA & jetBlue
Originally Posted by AAEmpireState
Here are our choices for next month's LHR-JFK on the 772; any recommendations? I couldn't find any reference to this menu on the thread. Thanks!
  • Vegetable Korma - paneer masala, cauliflower rice with sesame coriander
  • King Prawns and Chorizo - saffron basmati rice, sautéed green asparagus tips
  • Corn-fed Chicken Breast - porcini and red wine reduction, polenta galettinis, truffled savoy cabbage
  • Roasted New Zealand Lamb - pesto alla genovese, squash purée
Same for my June 4th LHR-MIA flight 77W. Wife is going to go with the chicken. She is not a picky eater at all, but she likes to stay with the more traditional options on flights. I am between Prawns or Lamb. Thinking of going with the Prawns.
Old May 9, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by flymia
Same for my June 4th LHR-MIA flight 77W. Wife is going to go with the chicken. She is not a picky eater at all, but she likes to stay with the more traditional options on flights. I am between Prawns or Lamb. Thinking of going with the Prawns.
We're flying June 5- for now, the husband is going with the chicken, and I'm trying the lamb. Any thoughts from those of you who've had this menu would be much appreciated!
Old May 10, 2017, 4:15 pm

Does anyone know if the hub.aa website works anymore?

I used to be able to see AA's options for their rotations, but it has a login screen. Have a few flights later this summer and interested in what AA is offering on DFW-MAD and other European routes.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Protein costs money.
and produces profits .....
Old May 10, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
and produces profits .....
Maybe, maybe not.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Quinoa Query

Never in my craziest dreams did I ever imagine that this grain would be so versatile and prevalent in the sky.

Did I sleep through the memo which announced that AA was amassing the world's largest supply of Quinoa, kind of like the Chinese billionaire accused of stockpiling aluminum?

Here's what the offerings are for an upcoming flight to Europe:

1. Tamarind Ginger Filet of Beef, Brussels Sprouts, Basmati Rice.

2. Quinoa and Panko Crusted Prawns, roasted rainbow carrots, zucchini noodles, ginger hibiscus reduction.

3. Fenugreek Herbed Chicken, tomato quinoa rice, haricots verts, tikka masala sauce.

4. Goat Cheese Cornbread Arepa, red wine braised lentils, crumbled goat cheese.

Any suggestions on what entree to order that will pair nicely with a Glenlivet on the rocks? Besides the cheese and grapes.......
Old May 11, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
The chicken dish on that menu is particularly tasty. I've had it a few times and have been happy every time. The prawns have also gotten good reviews in the past, although I've always opted for the chicken out of fear of AA prawns.

I will say though that the appetizer and the salad that come with that menu are not my favorites.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by wrp96
The chicken dish on that menu is particularly tasty. I've had it a few times and have been happy every time. The prawns have also gotten good reviews in the past, although I've always opted for the chicken out of fear of AA prawns.

I will say though that the appetizer and the salad that come with that menu are not my favorites.
Prawns can be a gamble in the AAir, and at any restaurant back on the ground.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.