Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Or duty free and self serve .
Strictly prohibited by the FAA. But I'm sure people try and get away with it.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by Gildas
Thanks. I usually take BA on this route so that will be an adjustment! Though not sure whether an 8am cocktail is what I'll feel like. Equally, I'm connecting in ORD so in terms of time elapsed it would be more of a lunchtime cocktail.
Hey, simply being at the airport is an excuse to drink! The airport is a place where time knows no bounds, and having a few G&T's at 07:00 is perfectly acceptable!

Consider trying a Bloody Mary at the H/K Admirals Club. They make some of the best.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Originally Posted by dkc192
http://aacdn.s3.amazonaws.com/galley...0526085156.pdf

This link seems to indicate that the ORD-LHR (specifically!) daytime service gets a heated four cheese pizza for the second light meal, at least for the month of June. So it seems likely that the second meal is usually some hot dish.
The pizza has been around for decades...and is simply put my favorite part of flying coach from ORD. I've had worse "flatbreads" in J than the Y pizzas. JL has had a deep dish slice in F from Chicago that was great, but childhood memories go a long way....
Old Jun 21, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by Kreative03
The pizza has been around for decades...and is simply put my favorite part of flying coach from ORD. I've had worse "flatbreads" in J than the Y pizzas. JL has had a deep dish slice in F from Chicago that was great, but childhood memories go a long way....
I miss the pizza! Last time I had it was for the pre-arrival meal on a DFW-NRT flight a little over a year ago. I miss it, and I totally agree about the flatbread business.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:51 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
2017 Combined AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Introduction

Welcome to the 2017 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. However, if the flight is taken on a 777 in Business, please clearly indicate if you're in 2- or 3-class Business. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
In the mood to enjoy a throwback? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past!

For the 2017 Domestic Meals thread, click here.

(H/T to MrAndy1369 for the original text)

Enjoy!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
I've found over the past few months, on international flights, the meals that have been "inspired" by these world renowned chefs have been awful. Lots of ingredients like couscous and kale. Yuck. More about making things "look fancy" than actually things passengers may want to eat.

Well, last night I flew EZE>MIA in F.
The appetizer options were smoke salmon (with wasabi and something else) or mozerella and melon balls. It was nice to see the smoked salmon back as an appetizer, and it was a full size plate of it.

Upon closer inspection of the menu, I noticed on the first page it did not have any "chef inspired" language. It was very basic, and almost back to what the meals were like a couple of years ago. Still included soup (which I don't know why they can't provide a proper spoon to eat it with).

Here's hoping 2017 means more back to basics for the catering.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Can I still post reports of meals from Dec 2016 here? Probably still relevant? Either way, if not then feel free to delete this post

Flew LAX-LHR-LAX as part of a larger trip in December, LAX-LHR on the 772 Refurb and the 77W on the way back in J.

LAX-LHR:

Herb-crusted Snapper Herb-crusted Snapper
cauliflower purée, roasted butternut squash, spicy pickled onions

Some sort of Quinoa appetizer, I had a bite of it and the salad, both were... bad. just really bad. Especially the Quinoa. Please replace this ASAP AA.

Main course! This was actually surprisingly good. The snapper was nice and moist, the squash didn't have as much flavour as I'd have liked and was near-indistinguishable from just mashed potatoes, but the texture was nice and it tasted quite good. Would definitely recommend the dish. The "dip" was a bit odd, some kind of warm tartar sauce?

Dessert, a fruit tart. Cold. Mushy. Also near-inedible. Main dish was good but both appetizer and dessert were yuck. 1/3.

LHR-LAX

Breast of Corn-fed Chicken Breast
With tandoori sauce, basmati rice and sautéed spinach

Definitely better salad than on the way there, including the potato-ish thing that was actually edible this time. Still not great, but at least some parts of the dish were edible.

Main dish - again a hit! Same as on the flight to London, the main course was by far best. The chicken was moist enough, albeit a bit "rubbery" if that makes sense. The flavour on the skin and the sauce was excellent though and I would again definitely recommend it.

Not bad, plain old chocolate cake
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: DL, AA PLT, US, HH Gold, BW Diamond, Avis PP, Choice PLT
Flying tlv-lhr-clt in business class the layover in lhr is very short and I am traveling with our 18 month old. I am afraid we won't have time to get our daughter actual food. Does aa offer anything on the plane for toddlers? Yogurts or rice just for the infant?
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:40 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Can I still post reports of meals from Dec 2016 here? Probably still relevant? Either way, if not then feel free to delete this post
Sure! Any recent pictures/experiences are always welcome! (The January reset of threads is more of a housekeeping measure to pare down threads that have become bulky/intimidating/outdated.)

/Moderator
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
AA107 LHR-JFK 1/2/2017
Dinner
77W (3-class)
Business - In the mini-cabin.

Appetizer is a samosa with an Eggplant and some cheese.

The main is a halibut with risotto and asparagus.

The halibut was a bit dry even with the sauce.

Old Jan 7, 2017, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Anybody have an comments on this menu:

Penne pasta with rustic tomato marinara and seasonal vegetables

Beer braised beef tenderloin simmered with plums and potatoes

Seafood Bordetto Calamari, shrimp, and whitefish simmered in tomato coulis served with polenta

Grilled herb chicken with shiitake mushroom sauce, rice and noisette vegetables
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA
Just returned from HKG in F - food was typical, but champagne was Philipponnat Clos des Goisses, which is pretty impressive and creative for AA. Really bold and rich, very suitable for drinking at 38K feet. They served a basic $40 champagne for PDB (De Venoge Cordon Bleu).
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hertz Five Star
AA 740
PHL-MAD
18:50
Business

13 January

Small Plate
Melon manchego carpaccio with lime
Pink peppercorn, roasted chickpeas, chia champagne dressing

Salad
Kalette and saffron orzo salad
Kalamata olives, pomegranate seeds, crumbled feta

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Main Plates
Tamarind Ginger Filet of Beef
Brussels sprouts, basmati rice

Quinoa and Panko Crusted Prawns
Roasted rainbow carrots, zucchini noodles, ginger hibiscus reduction

Fenugreek Herbed Chicken
Tomato quinoa rice, haricots verts, tikka masala sauce

Goat Cheese Cornbread Arepa
Red wine braised lentils, crumbled goat cheese

Dessert
Ben and Jerry's Cookies and Cream Ice Cream

Gourmet Cheese Plate
Fontina, dill Havarti, smoked cheddar

Four Seasons Mousse Cake
Raspberry and sweet tart lemon mousse, lemon zest butter sponge cake

Breakfast
Quiche Lorraine
Fire roasted turkey sausage, paprika potatoes

Fresh Fruit Bowl
Granola, Greek yogurt

Wine List
Bubbles
Charles Ellner Carte d'Or Brut NV, Champagne France

White Wine
Waipara Hills Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand
Jean-Marc Brocare Sainte Claire, Chablis, France

Red Wine
William Hill Merlot, Central Coast, California
Paul Jaboulet Âiné Les Jalets Crozes-Hermitage, France

Dessert Wine
Quinta do Novak LBV, Porto, Portugal
Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:55 pm

Any one have a recommendation on the following choices:

• Roasted Lamb Chops
With mint pesto, creamy mashed potatoes with olive oil and haricots verts
• Organic Chicken Breast
With rosemary jus, cauliflower purée and roasted honey glazed pumpkin wedges
• Norwegian Salmon
With red Thai curry sauce, a king prawn, fragrant Thai rice and sautéed sugar snap peas
• Vegetarian Moussaka
With diced sweet potatoes and tofu Bolognese

Leaning toward the Salmon or the Chicken. Worried the lamb will have the same issues as steak on a plane --e.g., overdone and tough.

Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:40 pm

Any opinions on the LAX-HKG J meals?

Grilled Beef Filet
lobster macaroni and cheese, mixed roasted carrots

Roasted Halibut
chimichurri, goat cheese and squash couscous

Mushroom Wellington
sautéed spinach, slow-roasted tomatoes, pine nuts

Ginger-poached Chicken
Shanghai black bean sauce, Tamaki gold rice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.