Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combined 2017 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Stripe
That looks like a very weak snack setup for such a long flight. Is that the new norm?
lately I'm confused by this as well. The wonderful snack trays that were previously there seemed to have disappeared. DFW-HKG a couple days ago had something similar to what is pictured. A big disappointment.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Stripe
That looks like a very weak snack setup for such a long flight. Is that the new norm?
lately I'm confused by this as well. The wonderful snack trays that were previously there seemed to have disappeared. DFW-HKG a couple days ago had something similar to what is pictured. A big disappointment.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:59 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Why even bother with the fancy bar area if you are just going to serve water, chips, and fruit. All of that could easily be provisioned in a galley area.

In fact, the snack bar setup in the galley in YCL on the A330s looks almost like that, minus the fruit and the fancier snack selections. Sad.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oaken
Flying FCO-ORD Business this coming week.

The preorder menu has
- Braised Beef Cheeks with truffle jus, creamy polenta and petite carrots
- Breast of Corn-fed Chicken with tandoori sauce, basmati rice and sauteed spinach
- Filet of White Halibut with beurre blanc sauce, champagne risotto and grilled asparagus
- Seven Cheese Ravioli with sage butter and sauteed spinach

Anyone have thoughts on the braised beef cheeks vs. filet of white halibut? Pics? Thanks.
Recently had the Corn-fed Chicken, I thought it was very tasty.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
This is really too bad. Always thought the snack bar was too good to last on penny pinching AA. The jello cups were my favorite and I will be very sad if they're not offered any more.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by robinhood
This is really too bad. Always thought the snack bar was too good to last on penny pinching AA. The jello cups were my favorite and I will be very sad if they're not offered any more.
I thought I read somewhere upthread that the snack bar selection had been greatly reduced due to take rates. Someone had noted it on a JFK-LHR flight or something and it was a change due to how much wastage there was.

I can't say I blame them. There are snacks on demand to ask for from an FA, and if you're in the mood for something peckish, the new snack basket should solve that.

I don't take too many international flights on AA, but I can say that from all of the JFK-LAX/SFO flights I take, while the snack and fruit baskets at the front of Business is nice, I've never used it, and rarely see anyone else doing so.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
I thought I read somewhere upthread that the snack bar selection had been greatly reduced due to take rates. Someone had noted it on a JFK-LHR flight or something and it was a change due to how much wastage there was.
I've never had any snacks on JFK-LHR - however on the reverse I would grab few items, especially when the second meal was boring asian noodle salad or croque monsieur(I'm vegetarian). I enjoyed the small desserts as well!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by royng
HKG-LAX AA192

5 April 2017

Black Angus Beef Filet
red wine demi-glace, twice-baked potato, asparagus, roasted cherry tomato

Attachment 30723
Attachment 30724
Attachment 30725

Comment: surprisingly the beef was made good.

Mid-flight snack corner looked like this:
Attachment 30726

Pre-arrival meal:
Attachment 30727

LAX-HKG AA193

12 April 2017

Lobster Ravioli
Lobster cream sauce, sautéed spinach

Attachment 30728
Attachment 30729
Attachment 30730

FA proactively offered mid-flight snack:
Attachment 30731

(Unforunately there was only one FA which was good, the rest was only lukewarm and even there was one which was outright nasty. I have reported her, I hope you don't have to bear with her.)

Pre-arrival breakfast:
Attachment 30732

Overall comment: based on this pair of flights, I think catering out of HKG was much better than that out of LAX. I did not have trouble taking snack corner photo, unlike this incident (external link to TPG).
How was the lobster ravioli? Worth a pre-order?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Acid
I've never had any snacks on JFK-LHR - however on the reverse I would grab few items, especially when the second meal was boring asian noodle salad or croque monsieur(I'm vegetarian). I enjoyed the small desserts as well!
On the 77W snacks are set up in the galley between the two J cabins.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
On the 77W snacks are set up in the galley between the two J cabins.
Yup - I know, I meant I've never needed them on overnight transatlantic flights
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:29 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
How was the lobster ravioli? Worth a pre-order?
Um...nothing to write home about. But I will still pre-order that if other choices are not interesting, just in case it runs out.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Any reports on MIA-LIR or similar destination on the 175. Headed there in about a week and wanted to know what to except.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:39 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
I'm disappointed as well. Moreover, the presentation of the snack bar is also dependent on crew. On my flight back to HKG (AA193), the snack bar was essentially not existent. Just some pieces of Giradeli chocolate lying around. Didn't take a photo so can't show it here
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum 5 million miles
We flew our first, in almost two years, transatlantic flights in coach over Easter from ORD to CDG and LHR to DFW. The flights were empty and we are conserving our SWUs this year. We ate at the Flagship Lounge in ORD so skipped the meal to Paris. Thank goodness we had a four-hour layover at the LHR Flagship Lounge yesterday so we had some decent snacks, Moet champagne, and soup. I have no idea what we were served as our entrée on the flight to DFW. We were given a choice of vegetarian or beef with no other explanation. My vegetarian dish had rice, a dark green vegetable, and a strange orange mixture. Does anyone know what is was? I put the plastic back over it and nibbled on the cheese, crackers, bread, butter, and salad. My mother had the beef and said it tasted like and had the texture of beef in Campbell's vegetable beef soup. She did not eat her entrée either. I used to volunteer for Meals on Wheels and honestly those meals looked and smelled better. We did receive small cups of vanilla ice cream mid-flight. The pre-arrival snack was a folded vegetarian pizza and a red velvet sponge served in a box.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:55 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
On domestic day flights they offer for sale (free for exps^) a cheese and fruit item plus sandwiches are these available on intl (if you don't like bc meals)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.