Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage double ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

AAdvantage double ticket?

Hoping someone here can advise how to proceed.

I've spent hours on the phone with AA trying to convince them there is an issue but its like banging my head against the wall.

I had an aadvantage award booking for three people in Y.
I changed to tickets to J on the outbound, Y on the return.
I was issued new tickets, they charged the taxes and fees again, and refunded the original charges.
All good.

But the next day they put through three new charges on my credit card with ticket numbers in the description.
The ticket nubmers are different than the ones in the confirmation I was sent, and when I log on to the prefunds site both sets of ticket numbers come up with valid reciepts, and both say I can't request a refund without cancelling the booking.

1st I want to make sure I indeed have a valid booking, and 2nd I want the charges on my card reversed as I have been billed twice.

AA can't seem to figure out that I have 6 tickets for 3 people and its wrong. I don't want to reverse the charges with my CC for fear of losing my tickets entirely.

How would you suggest I proceed? Is this a HUCA until I get someone that can help situation?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 5:34 pm

It's normal for refunds to take longer to appear than charges. So the state of being "billed twice" should be temporary.

I think it is unlikely that "AA can't seem to figure out that I have 6 tickets for 3 people and its wrong." If there are multiple tickets, they can see it.

More likely you do not have multiple tickets, and any display glitch on aa.com will clear itself up. I could be wrong, of course. .
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
It's normal for refunds to take longer to appear than charges. So the state of being "billed twice" should be temporary.

I think it is unlikely that "AA can't seem to figure out that I have 6 tickets for 3 people and its wrong." If there are multiple tickets, they can see it.

More likely you do not have multiple tickets, and any display glitch on aa.com will clear itself up. I could be wrong, of course. .
Pull ur tickets on trip case and see what all has been issued.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Pull ur tickets on trip case and see what all has been issued.
For three tickets I have ticket numbers but not a reservation code, so this is not an option. Three tickets are linked to my reservation code and three are not.
Seems my best option at this point is to sit and wait and hope there system eventually sees it and refunds the extra set.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.