Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: will AA upgrade E145 RST-ORD to E175?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM

We have good frequency (4X/d) from RST to ORD and back but the E145 are old. Any info on whether RST will ever see an E175. Delta decreased frequency but added C700 including with F. Pro's and Con's but would be nice to see some better RJs on AA.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
A friendly reminder about thread titles:

"4.0 Thread Titles (link to this Rule)

Please create thread titles that are specific and descriptive and that contain an accurate (not misleading or sensational) characterization of the topic. If you wish to change your thread's title, please contact a moderator. Moderators may also edit thread titles to clarify content.

/Moderator
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
AA has signed regional contracts with carriers that have the largest number of E145s (and they've received more from UAs former regionals) so tertiary routes will be dominated by these airplanes for quite a while yet. Also, AA favours frequency over increased capacity that larger Embraers or Bombardiers would offer but that generally means reduced frequency. Not to mention not having to bother with F (er now J) cabins, upgrading and such issues. YYZ, a fairly major AA outport (AA ranks third in the number of flights operated from here after AC and WS!), has pretty much lost larger RJs and all flights to/from JFK/LGA are now E145s as are many to/from ORD. Many of the old US routes to/from PHL and DCA remain CR200s. Sucks, though as an ExecPlat as long as I can get 12A on the E145s, makes little difference over having my CPU into the front cabin: still get comp drink and BoB on flights that last just over an hour. Figure I can rough it that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.