Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Sky Ball at DFW (Air Power Foundation benefit military, families, veterans)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

All,

Was doing west coast to east coast today through DFW and walked from the A terminal to the C terminal. At C4 came across this display (I hope the pics load as I am doing this over gogo). I was talking to an AAngel in the C Admirals club and she mentioned that she volunteers for this every year. I asked her if it was tough and she said she cries the whole time. I know we all have our travel challenges, but reading the bios of these guys puts it in a different perspective. I admire AA for doing this every year, I had never heard of it until today.

Good travels all,
Billy
Attached Images   
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
American Airlines annually sponsors Sky Ball, which is a benefit held for the Airpower Foundation, benefitting military, military families and veterans. Sky Ball is not only sponsored by AA, over 1,000 AA employees and a number of AAdvantage members volunteer for the weekend (if your favorite Club AAngel is missing, s/he's probably at Sky Ball). A number of Executive Platinum members have been involved over the years, operating a major raffle, staffing Sky Ball, etc.

Thursday, a reception for Medal of Honor winners and their families kicked off the event (20-22 Oct 2016)which culminates in Sky Ball XIV Saturday evening in a specially prepared and decorated hangar at DFW. Friday's event showcases Gary Sinise and the Sgt. Dan Band (live with this link). This year's Sky Ball highlights the contributions of U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOC). For the sold out Saturday night gala, Tim McGraw will be there in concert.

"The American Airlines Sky Ball is the premier fundraising event for one of the oldest military support organizations in the US, the Airpower Foundation which was formed by the Fort Worth Airpower Council. Sky Ball has allowed the Airpower Foundation to contribute solely to funding projects that directly support the members and families of all branches of our military, veterans and wounded, ill, or injured service members and their families. Last year, Sky Ball raised more than $2.2 million to support our military through contingency funds at the Naval Air Station Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base and other military support organizations mentioned below.

The Airpower Foundation was founded to be a nationwide 501(c)3 non-profit dedicated to supporting active duty, reserve and National Guard families. The direct donations and sponsorships help support the children of our fallen military heroes, projects such as helping amputee and burn survivors transition to civilian life, providing advanced technology “smart” homes to severely wounded service members through our supportof the Gary Sinise Foundation, kayak fishing expeditions for physically and emotionally challenged veterans, and so much more."

Link

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 21, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.