Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Inflight - Sparkling Water vs Club Soda

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Inflight - Sparkling Water vs Club Soda

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by asnovici
On PHL PHX in F now and they have Dasani sparkling water in cans. Sadly, this may be the best catering news from AA in a long time, unless its one off substitution.
It's noted in another thread. Dasani Sparkling cans are now part of regular catering.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by weirdlyndon
It's noted in another thread. Dasani Sparkling cans are now part of regular catering.
Good to know
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Credit Card, Rapid Rewards
Great news, had it during Breast Cancer Awareness Month last October, FA's had to go back to Y to get them.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:07 pm

2 of the new "Dasani sparkling lime" have been added to the the juice/mixer drawer, replacing two of the club sodas.

Name:  image018.png
Views: 1276
Size:  22.4 KB
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:10 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
If you fancy tap water with Potassium Chloride, go for it... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasani

I only drink Sparkling on aircraft but I would rather have a Coke than this...
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TheSkyGuy
2 of the new "Dasani sparkling lime" have been added to the the juice/mixer drawer, replacing two of the club sodas.

Attachment 30934

YES!!! WONDERFUL turn of events. I enjoyed the Dasani Lime on both flights yesterday. Much better than sodium-laced club soda.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by TheSkyGuy

Attachment 30934
I have noticed this limited supply issue. Keep emptying the cart is what I say. It always seems to run out on the United flights I take too.

Rasheed
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by m0hamed
If you fancy tap water with Potassium Chloride, go for it... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasani
All I normally drink is tap water, and there's nothing wrong with a little potassium chloride.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:19 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, AAdvantage Executive Platinum
I tried the Dasani a couple of times the first week of April, but I'm just not that into it because the taste feels off to me.

Since then on almost every flight in F when I have ordered "club soda" I received the Dasani water. I have sent it back after one sip each time.

I have now had to extend my order to specifically "club soda, not the Dasani" to get the right thing.

Perhaps this should be in the least susbstantiave complaints thread though.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by ORD-DCA Flyer
I tried the Dasani a couple of times the first week of April, but I'm just not that into it because the taste feels off to me.

Since then on almost every flight in F when I have ordered "club soda" I received the Dasani water. I have sent it back after one sip each time.

I have now had to extend my order to specifically "club soda, not the Dasani" to get the right thing.

Perhaps this should be in the least susbstantiave complaints thread though.
Yea, those flavored Dasani sparkling waters do not taste right to me either (didn't like the pink lemonade that was on-board in October either) . La Croix would be much better IMO.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k, AAdvantage Executive Platinum
Onboard another flight now in Y, ordered club soda and I saw the green on the can which the FA pulled out. I felt a little awkward as I asked for not Dasani again, and then had to ask for the full can too.

I'll have to ask one of the FA's I'm friendly with if they've been asked to push it - because it really feels like that's what's going on.

Again though, this is really the least substantive thing for me to complain about, but it's very specifically not club soda.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:22 am

I am quite sure they don't see the difference versus pushing it. It's like FAs who proactively put lemon or lime in your club soda even when you don't ask. It was mentioned earlier that Dasani replaced some of the club soda provisioning, but I've never been on a flight that ran out of club soda.

If it is an issue, just get in the habit of giving a more detailed ask. It is definitely a trendy thing as Pepsi has also introduced flavored sparkling recently.

Rasheed
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
I'm so pleased that the beverage thread companion to my post from 11 years ago has finally been created!

I must admit: I love seltzer / sparkling water and have always reluctantly and dejectedly slummed it on AA since they've only ever seemed to serve club soda.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/526521-there-toaster-jfk-admirals-club.html

Old May 7, 2017, 5:11 pm

The preflight AA destinations cities video now has an ad for the Dasani Sparkling drink. This will make the drink more competitive to get.

Rasheed
Old May 7, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
On DFW-OGG flight last month on a 767 one aisle was serving club soda and the other Dasani. We were at the front of coach in MCE so i don't think it was a matter of them running out. My wife and I were in the middle section and serviced by separate flight attendants but both of us asked for sparkling water. So it appears that the carts may have had slightly different stock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.