Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeńo or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Came across a new soup today at LGA-C: beef sacocho. Pretty good. Also grilled cheese and tomato soup which seemed very popular.
Beef Sancocho = Oxtail Soup. Did you try it?

Did you try the tomato soup?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:56 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Yes both were good....beef soup probably a little better IMO.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by akarneboge
Has to be one of the worst clubs in the system, especially if you compare it to ORD-G and H/K, especially now with many of the new renovated areas open. It's really sharp.

As far as L, if they could get some non 70's era chairs in there, it'd make a big difference.
Didn't this club JUST open and it's already tired? Is it only temporary?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DCA-B has a potato cream cheese soup today....tastes OK but doesn't sound great for my waistline.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA-Plat
DFW - A Lounge

Wiki does not have any food for the Admirals Club Lounge located at A gate. We will be arriving tomorrow morning at A and connecting to D gate flight.

Based on the posts, the A club appears to be a better option in the morning, but if we are unable to get any refreshments (coffee, yogurt...), we will head directly to D and hope for the best.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hawaii-bound
Wiki does not have any food for the Admirals Club Lounge located at A gate. We will be arriving tomorrow morning at A and connecting to D gate flight.

Based on the posts, the A club appears to be a better option in the morning, but if we are unable to get any refreshments (coffee, yogurt...), we will head directly to D and hope for the best.
All ACs have basically the same food selection. There will certainly be coffee, yogurt, bananas, eggs, oatmeal, etc. at both.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
The chilaquiles bar at the Mexico City AC was much needed this am post the USA-Mexico match/hangover. Well done!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by trvlr70
Didn't this club JUST open and it's already tired? Is it only temporary?
It's temporary. If you look out the windows, you'll see its days are numbered. It was also specifically spelled out as temporary when they emailed on opening announcement.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:27 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Originally Posted by uscjeff
The chilaquiles bar at the Mexico City AC was much needed this am post the USA-Mexico match/hangover. Well done!
Hardly luxe but I feel MEX Admirals upped their food game since the last time I was there.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: AA-Plat
Originally Posted by SJC AA
All ACs have basically the same food selection. There will certainly be coffee, yogurt, bananas, eggs, oatmeal, etc. at both.

Thank you. Connecting flight changed from D to B gate, so we used the B Lounge. Nice and quiet in the early morning.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A new soup for me this week as I tried the chicken meatball at CLT. It's a chicken noodle type soup with meatballs that's actually really tasty.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Glad there are now peeled eggs appearing in the AC. Great!! No more struggles for me with attempting to get the eggs peeled without having so my divots and pits in the egg with still have flicks of eggshells covering the egg too!! LOL
Old Jul 8, 2017, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I'm hearing about all these new soups and I'm pretty excited as I'm a soup guy lol

I haven't been in a club in over two weeks and last time I checked it was the Italian Meatball and Tomato bisque with portobello mushrooms. Both are delicious but needed to be rotated out.

One complaint I do have is the crackers they put next to the soup aren't really soup crackers and at all (Carr's) and are more suitable for cheese. They really need to put saltines or those little fish crackers you get with chowder sometimes. 1st world problem I know.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 9:32 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by enviroian
I'm hearing about all these new soups and I'm pretty excited as I'm a soup guy lol

I haven't been in a club in over two weeks and last time I checked it was the Italian Meatball and Tomato bisque with portobello mushrooms. Both are delicious but needed to be rotated out.

One complaint I do have is the crackers they put next to the soup aren't really soup crackers and at all (Carr's) and are more suitable for cheese. They really need to put saltines or those little fish crackers you get with chowder sometimes. 1st world problem I know.
I find dipping those Carr's crackers into the creamy soups is pretty tasty!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
It's temporary. If you look out the windows, you'll see its days are numbered. It was also specifically spelled out as temporary when they emailed on opening announcement.
Contrary to what the AAngels in the club report, all subsequent announcements have also called it temporary. Too bad, too. H/K is shaping up to be a nice reno, but a reduction in seating with the new style furniture. Not to mention that it's nice to have one close to what today are eight distant AA gates, and what will expand once the new concourse is built.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.