Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeńo or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
New Fruit

Pineapple, grapes and watermelon at SFO this morning.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Odd, I was at RDU on 3/10 and they had cream of carrot and vegetable chili and then PHL on 3/13 had something I don't remember and a pretty tasty Chinese Chicken Noodle
It was still mushroom & brie and asian chicken noodle at DCA over the weekend.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:38 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
Tonight in CLT C, I overheard staff discussing that they would very soon be changing the oatmeal raisin cookies out for mini cupcakes. Not sure how true this is or a time frame, but this was coming from the Sodexo staff...
Just so they don't mess with the brownies!
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
This is new to me: at LAX AC there is a lemon angel hair pasta dish out next to the carrots, tomatoes etc. It's pretty good actually.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:38 pm
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
This is new to me: at LAX AC there is a lemon angel hair pasta dish out next to the carrots, tomatoes etc. It's pretty good actually.
They've had that at CLT for a couple weeks now as well.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I've also seen a cold rotini pasta salad mixed with an Italian dressing like people would see served in many salad bars and sandwich restaurants.

It also seems airports like PHX use a product similar to Wholly Guacamole for the guacamole bar while airports like LAX use freshly smashed avocados. Interesting.

Rasheed
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
Not a good day at Adm Club Terminal D

After 20+ years as a member, from time to time I question whether to re-up. Today was one of those days. Southwestern Black Bean and Cream of Carrot soup. The edamame substitute for hummus. I ordered a salmon salad to find the salmon so fibrous that I couldn't eat it--couldn't cut it! (I eat lots of salmon and this was a wholly new experience). So, I could have lived with all that but they were out of Malbec--at noon!
OK, rant over.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Recent ORD and LAX Admiral's Club visits

Both visits on Friday afternoon/evening, March 24.

ORD Terminal 3, H/K Club (open during renovation). Angel Hair Pasta pretty good. Love those whole peeled carrots (firm and sweet). Food well-stocked and area super clean. LOTS of employees making it all happen. Vodka tonic promptly provided by competent and efficient bar staff. Lounge busy, but even with the remodel, plenty of areas to sit and enjoy quiet time. ^

LAX Club, Terminal 4 (open during renovation). The opposite of ORD. Food area looked like a wild boar had come through, and nobody noticed or cared. A mess. Headed straight to the Guacamole station, and what a superb offering. So nice, generous and individualized. A shame the classy young lady making the Guacamole could not have followed me to the bar, because the lone bartender needed major assistance. One employee, with four customers waiting, and he had to leave the bar to find a can of pineapple juice. Then he had to find the can opener. Then he almost tripped and fell. Surreal. Finally got my Budweiser and headed to a nearby table to watch an Airbus A340 arrive and an A380 depart. Have never seen so many people wearing sunglasses indoors.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 9:42 am
OTD

CLT C/D club Friday night--they switched the fresh guac hours from 4 to 7. Since I never get there until 6:30, win!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
The green chicken chili...so good, right?! Add some pita chips in for crunch and I'm extremely happy with that for a meal.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 10:41 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thecurtisw
The green chicken chili...so good, right?! Add some pita chips in for crunch and I'm extremely happy with that for a meal.
I do like this soup...but also willingly admit that it's incredibly packed with calories, fat, and sodium.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:28 am
OTD

Yes, that's my go-to. With one of those brownies for dessert.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
I do like this soup...but also willingly admit that it's incredibly packed with calories, fat, and sodium.
Pretty sure there are no calories in the soups, cookies, and brownies. But you should probably best to avoid the carrots and other vegetables

in seriousness, the sodium is probably up there, but calories really shouldn't be bad; safe to estimate around 150-180/cup. While that's on the high end for a "soup," that's on par for chili and two cups would be a low-calorie meal. (I count calories a couple weeks a month to help maintain where I want to be health/weight wise).
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
And the pita chips are already in crumbs making your job that much easier!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
And the pita chips are already in crumbs making your job that much easier!
Haha! Finally a positive to the crumbs. Until the chili is gone and then they go back to just being crumbs. It's those metal tongs; they work great for most items, but they're awful for the pits chips.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.