Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Really nice spicy black grain rice salad in ORD today.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
I'd be happy to tip the guac-maker! Bring it on.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 5:57 am

Cantaloupe and Blueberries for fruit this morning @SFO. Everything else appears the same.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by thecurtisw
Guacamole bar was at CLT both times I was there this past week. The second time, there was a banner that read, "Made to Order Guacamole. Complimentary Every Afternoon." So it sounds like it'll be a daily thing, at least for the near future since they actually printed a banner saying so. Quite happy about this addition!
Yes--hours are 4:30 to 7:30..in the Concourse C club. (Don't know about B club concourse) The line was long when we were there, because it really is made to order. Each client gets to choose their add-ins. Jalapenos, cheese, onions, etc. You get a small banana boat tray with nacho chips...different than the pita chips. And it's a generous portion of guacamole. Tips are a nice gesture, but not many were doing it.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Rebob
Cantaloupe and Blueberries for fruit this morning @SFO. Everything else appears the same.
Same items available at the CLT C club. Looked like a decent spread
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:29 am

ORD H/K around 1:00 PM. The soups were Market Vegetable and Artichoke Chicken Florentine. I believe the same was offered in May. I tried the Vegetable soup and thought it was just "OK".

The crackers are now small packets each containing three Carr's Table Water Crackers. Those are my absolute favorite for soft cheeses like brie. For big cubes of swiss I really preferred the whole wheat type crackers they used to put out in a big bin. Even though it was awkward to pick up the flat, slippery crackers with those plastic tongs.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by _kurt
ORD H/K around 1:00 PM. The soups were Market Vegetable and Artichoke Chicken Florentine. I believe the same was offered in May. I tried the Vegetable soup and thought it was just "OK".

The crackers are now small packets each containing three Carr's Table Water Crackers. Those are my absolute favorite for soft cheeses like brie. For big cubes of swiss I really preferred the whole wheat type crackers they used to put out in a big bin. Even though it was awkward to pick up the flat, slippery crackers with those plastic tongs.
ORD needs to rotate some new soups in......those two are getting sooooo old.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by badkneeski
Here is a new one in the Terminal D club at DFW.

A made to order guacamole bar!! Just set up a few minutes ago next to the bar. Anyone else see this before?
Is this just at DFW D? I'll be there with plenty of time later this week, but didn't want to go on a goose chase if I can help it...
Old Sep 18, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
When did PHL B/C get La Colombe coffee and syrups? I wish more of the clubs would feature something local instead of getting the same thing everywhere.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Looks like October soups are out. RDU and CLT on Saturday the 1st both had broccoli cheddar or market vegetable soup. The broccoli cheddar was really good, especially with the Carr's crackers CLT had set out with it.

Oddly, ATL later that day had just vegetarian chili, but that might be an exception as it's an outstation club.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:20 pm

MIA D30 soups on Nov. 2:

Chicken Coconut Curry: Thought this was very good. A bit of spice but not over the top.

Roasted Red Pepper with Gouda (vegetarian): Not bad, but didn't live up to the description of being "sweet and smoky". I just found it sweet. Maybe I should have tried this one before the curry to avoid ruining my palate.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
MIA D30 soups on Nov. 2:

Chicken Coconut Curry: Thought this was very good. A bit of spice but not over the top.

Roasted Red Pepper with Gouda (vegetarian): Not bad, but didn't live up to the description of being "sweet and smoky". I just found it sweet. Maybe I should have tried this one before the curry to avoid ruining my palate.
Nice! The coconut curry is one of my favorites.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:43 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
MIA D30 soups on Nov. 2:

I actually thought the coconut curry soup was a little too rich with the coconut milk.

I liked the roasted red pepper. More flavor and punch than that the previous tomato bisque variant.

Though my favorite in the rotation right now is the vegetarian chili. Not too rich or oily, still lots of good flavor. ^
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Looks like October soups are out. RDU and CLT on Saturday the 1st both had broccoli cheddar or market vegetable soup. The broccoli cheddar was really good, especially with the Carr's crackers CLT had set out with it.

Oddly, ATL later that day had just vegetarian chili, but that might be an exception as it's an outstation club.
Yes, I also enjoyed the broccoli cheddar yesterday in a quick stop at CLT. Continued to ORD, where vegetarian chili was one choice and the other was unremembered but not broccoli cheddar. So, not just outstations.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Yes, I also enjoyed the broccoli cheddar yesterday in a quick stop at CLT. Continued to ORD, where vegetarian chili was one choice and the other was unremembered but not broccoli cheddar. So, not just outstations.
The other soup at ORD was the Coconut Chicken Curry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.