Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by corky
But I guess that's just me.
Indeed. Regardless of your opinion on made-to-order guacamole, there was apparently a line for it. So evidently some of AA's customers were quite impressed, which is the important thing.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I eat Mexican food often. ....very few places make it table side to order. The AC is not a restaurant. I doubt that fresh guacamole and chips would sit out for hours. ..people would eat it.
I just don't see the point of a line forming while a person peels and chops avacodo one by one for each person rather than making a batch in the kitchen and putting it out. But I guess that's just me. . The AC is not even close to a restaurant so I prefer speed and convenience. ..I don't expect gourmet anything and even at a restaurant I don't expect everyone at the table to want their guacamole prepared a different way. I'm not objecting to guacamole. ...it's great. I don't want to wait in line to have it prepared especially for me.
If it were to become an everyday, permanent fixture, I will be in your camp. But as a temporary special promotion, like the omeletts, I think the custom fresh was the better approach.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:14 pm

I have heard rumors of these sorts of pop-up things occurring in ACs...looks like they've actually come to fruition.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
There are many food items that lend themselves to "made to order " but I don't think guacamole is one of them.
Originally Posted by akcae
Guacamole made to order is perfect, I don't understand your confusion. Ever been to a Mexican restaurant where they make it right at the table? Freshly-made guac is miles better than anything out of a package, and it takes minutes.
+1.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rjw242
Indeed. Regardless of your opinion on made-to-order guacamole, there was apparently a line for it. So evidently some of AA's customers were quite impressed, which is the important thing.
There was no choice but to wait in line! I have only had a restaurant make it at our table once...and even they did not make each person their own custom guac ....it was made in a batch for the table. That's all I am saying---no package or frozen. Just make enough fresh for several people--it doesn't need to be customized. It's not that complicated.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:44 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

The only issue I've encountered is that there are no TIP JARS for the guac makers! They're working much harder than the bartenders IMO, but no jars. I mentioned something to the guac maker last week & she said that they're not allowed to have a jar out, but they're allowed to receive tips. In the 3x I've been there since, they're always very appreciative when I leave a tip.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Truth is they weren't making guac, they were just doing a taste test of the newest hummus formulation set to appear in F on your next 700-mile flight.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
So bummed I missed this one! A few months ago, the C club at CLT had a sparkling wine & mimosa bar set up with all kinds of fresh fruit to add in. It was in promotion of AirPass. That was tasty, but freshly-made guacamole?! I'd happily wait in that line. The omelet bar at DFW awhile back was nice, but I certainly wasn't going to pay $12 for a freaking omelette.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The topic of the thread is made to order guacamole in the Charlotte Admirals Club.

Discussion about tipping is off topic, and commenting about posters instead of post content is against the FT Rules.

/Moderator
Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:54 pm

Would you consider bringing some to your very thankful cabin crew??
Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
GUACAMOLE!

Here is a new one in the Terminal D club at DFW.

A made to order guacamole bar!! Just set up a few minutes ago next to the bar. Anyone else see this before?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
Saw the Guac bar in CLT last week. Pretty tasty.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Is the Guac bar free or paid? I assume we're all tipping the Guac "chef"?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Is the Guac bar free or paid? I assume we're all tipping the Guac "chef"?
Complimentary... but yes he was accepting gratuities.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
Guacamole bar was at CLT both times I was there this past week. The second time, there was a banner that read, "Made to Order Guacamole. Complimentary Every Afternoon." So it sounds like it'll be a daily thing, at least for the near future since they actually printed a banner saying so. Quite happy about this addition!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.