Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Email Offering MIA Premium Lounge as Alternative

Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PP

I just got an email advising me of renovation in MIA D30 and D15 ACs. As an alternative the email offered entrance into the E Premium Lounge after 6AM. It would appear as though you don't need to be flying out of E and that the lounge is now opened in the morning. I'm assuming same expanded food selection and self serve bar remains. Anyone else get the same email?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I got the same email yesterday before flying down to MIA. Have an early flight out tomorrow morning so won't have time to check out the E lounge but would be an interesting development if true.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:27 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Anyone else get the same email?
I did not get the e-mail, but wonder if it is targeted toward those with upcoming MIA travel? I have no MIA travel currently booked. I was through MIA numerous times last month though and was able to access the E lounge since I was going to/from Brazil. Self-service bar and expanded food options were there as you've previously experienced. This was true both in the evening and morning.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA gold MM, HH gold, SPG gold,
I went back and looked at my emails, and found the same offer in one sent to me June 23, pertaining to a return flight on the 25th with a mia connection. Had not even opened it because I was not planning to use the Admirals Club during that flight connection. Did not get the email the week before when flying through Mia though, and my husband just went yesterday and he did not get the MIA email at all...though earlier in June we both received messages saying the JFK clubs were being renovated, though no other offer regarding them...
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:49 am

If your flight is out of a D gate it doesn't seem like any lounge in the E concourse is really a good alternative. I used the D15 Admiral's Club on June 11 and although not finished it was looking much better than previously and seemed to have much more seating.

I've also never gone from E to D or vice versa but thought you had to exit security and re-clear, not sure this is true however.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Leisuremiles
If your flight is out of a D gate it doesn't seem like any lounge in the E concourse is really a good alternative. I used the D15 Admiral's Club on June 11 and although not finished it was looking much better than previously and seemed to have much more seating. I've also never gone from E to D or vice versa but thought you had to exit security and re-clear, not sure this is true however.
There is an airside walkway between D and E.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
Used D30 last week - showers were open, temporary seating area was available.
Agent at the door said there was no need/reason to go over to E.
(flight was departing from D)
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by sombrachinesca
Agent at the door said there was no need/reason to go over to E.
(flight was departing from D)
That is fantastic advice!! Unless you have a flight out of E or a stale sandwich and some food service lettuce from a bag is worth more than your time, There's no reason to hump over there. I have no idea why the E Lounge is seen as such a mysterious and exclusive place.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 12:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PP
If your not interested in food it's probably not worth the schlep. D30 will have more showers.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
I got the same email and used the E lounge when flying to CLT last weekend. I got there around 8:00 AM--same basic breakfast selection as the ACs, unlike the much better food and drink it has at lunch/dinner times. Note that the sign outside the E lounge elevator still has the old, much later opening time shown--very confusing.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:49 pm
E55

Two words.... premium booze.

Originally Posted by DataPlumber
There's no reason to hump over there. I have no idea why the E Lounge is seen as such a mysterious and exclusive place.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
From what I understand, Premium Lounge access based on status is only given on departing international flights. Does any one know if that is still the case while D lounges are renovated?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
If your not interested in food it's probably not worth the schlep. D30 will have more showers.
I had a moderately long layover last year traveling SFO-MIA-BCN, so I went over to the BA E lounge, which I thought was much nicer than either of the ACs, and decent food and drink too.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by E55
Two words.... premium booze.
I suppose if one values their time to be worth less than a bar tab.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: AA-EX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, National Emerald Executive, Marriott Silver
Email that I received

Below is the email that I received and I have three trips in the next few weeks:

Hello
AAdvantage® Executive Platinum Number:

The Admirals Club® lounges in Concourse D (near Gates D15 and D30) at Miami International (MIA) will be undergoing renovations during your upcoming trip. Amenities and seating will be limited.

For full club amenities, visit our Premium Lounge in Concourse E (inside security near E checkpoint) after 6 a.m.

Club locations at MIA Airport »

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.