Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Barclay / Barclaycard Aviator MC Promo: 30 or 50% Bonus Miles Q3 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat

I just got a flyer in the mail from Barclays:

Enjoy 50% more miles on every purchase you make with your AAdvantage Aviator Red MasterCard this summer - up to 5000 bonus miles. (Bonus miles will be fulfilled 6-8 weeks following the promotion).

Log in to your account at aviatormastercard.com and click the registration banner on the right side of your account summary page by September 30, 2016.
Not sure if this is targeted or available to all Aviator Red and/or Silver cards, but it's worth checking your account for a few extra miles this quarter. The banner was in the right column of the Account landing page as soon as I logged in. Took two clicks to register.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Nothing for me (I have 2 Red cards too one with the yearly 10K bonus) but my husband received a 30% offer yesterday.

Definitely different based on usage or waived annual fee I would surmise.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:43 am

I got the 30% offer, doesn't seem to be tied to low spend as I had been using the card as my day-to-day since I had been offered another bonus offer for the spring quarter. I think they're just trying to desperately keep people spending on these cards instead of going to Citi.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Nothing for me either, I have the Silver card.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
I also got the 30% on a low-use Red. If they're "desperate" they really need to try harder. Actually, I did have a spurt of activity; since I'm remodeling the kitchen, the recent bonus on home improvement was handy, even though it had a ridiculously low cap.

Anyway, assuming you value an AA mile at 1.5, 30% still leaves the value for non-AA charging just under the 2% I get on a different card, so no deal.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I have the red, haven't gotten anything yet. I did get the fee waived last December for this year.

My Citi AA Exec card is primary but I try to run 1-2 charges a month on the BarclayCard to keep it active. I'd swap over to it for the promo period if I got it.

I don't need the red card - I just decided to keep it incase I needed a non-Citi AA card in the future.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:22 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I have the red, haven't gotten anything yet. I did get the fee waived last December for this year.

My Citi AA Exec card is primary but I try to run 1-2 charges a month on the BarclayCard to keep it active. I'd swap over to it for the promo period if I got it.

I don't need the red card - I just decided to keep it incase I needed a non-Citi AA card in the future.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
I got the same offer as the OP; I have the Silver card.

I haven't received any email or flyer in the mail, just noticed the offer in my online account.

Last edited by grrizzli; Jun 30, 2016 at 7:19 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Well I take it back, about an hour ago I received an email with the following:

LIMITED-TIME CARDMEMBER OFFER:
Earn 50% more miles on every purchase you make with your AAdvantage® Aviator™ Silver World Elite MasterCard® between July 1st and September 30th, 2016 – up to 5,000 bonus miles.¹
You must register to participate in this offer. Your bonus miles will be added to your AAdvantage® account 6-8 weeks after the promotion ends.
Was nice to be included, and of course I registered. ^
Old Jun 30, 2016, 6:38 pm

Programs: US,HH
Nothing for me yet on my Silver card.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:58 am

I got the 30% promo up to 5k miles. is 5K miles promo miles, ie. spending $16K on the card will give me 16K+4.8K miles in total? or the spending is limited to $5k for promotional offer, anything above $5K only earns 1 miles per $1? Thanks
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by aztimm
Well I take it back, about an hour ago I received an email with the following:

Was nice to be included, and of course I registered. ^
Checking my AAdvantage Aviator Silver account I saw a "earn more miles" box to click on.

30%. Register now to earn 30% more miles on all your purchases made with your AAdvantage® Aviator™ MasterCard® from July 1 through September 30, 2016, up to a maximum of 5,000 bonus miles.1
No email received, however. So, check your account for the offer, all.

Originally Posted by liw5215
I got the 30% promo up to 5k miles. is 5K miles promo miles, ie. spending $16K on the card will give me 16K+4.8K miles in total? or the spending is limited to $5k for promotional offer, anything above $5K only earns 1 miles per $1? Thanks
The earnable bonus award miles seem capped at 5,000. E.g. Maximum spend that will earn the bonus is $16,667, and anything over earns the usual one mile per $1.00. Unless with AA as defined, of course, but the bonus miles should still be capped ar 5,000.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 1, 2016 at 7:15 am
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
I received the 50% bonus offer via email overnight as well.

This is interesting, as I also have the 5000 bonus pts after $5000 spend on my SPG business Amex (+ another 5000 on another $5000), as well as bonus 4000 pts after $4000 spend on my Chase Hyatt Visa.

AND I just got the DL Gold Amex (50,000 miles) and Citi Hilton (75,000) both with $2K spend.

Plus I'm waiting on the 30K AA miles from the Aviator promo from the 1st half of 2016.

It'll be a summer of bonuses ....
Old Jul 1, 2016, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by sjpmurph01
I just got a flyer in the mail from Barclays:

Not sure if this is targeted or available to all Aviator Red and/or Silver cards, but it's worth checking your account for a few extra miles this quarter. The banner was in the right column of the Account landing page as soon as I logged in. Took two clicks to register.
Seems targeted. Mine was only good for 30% bonus
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:56 pm

Got the 30% bonus offer. Not particularly swayed by it - previous offers such as the "spend at least $X in X consecutive months and receive X,000 bonus miles" were much more generous. At this point I'm only keeping this card for the 10K annual bonus and don't put much if any spend on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.