Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

35th Anniversary Promo (chance to win up to 350k miles)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2016, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yosithezet
https://secure.fly.aa.com/milesformilestones/?cc=8
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

Just received this email from AA. It includes a link that doesn't work - so far.

May be limited to early signers.

Didn't notice any thread on this yet, mods, feel free to move if there's a better place for this.

You've been a part of the American Airlines AAdvantage® program family since the beginning. Thank you for your loyalty; our 35th anniversary is just as much yours as it is ours. To celebrate, we're recognizing your life milestones by giving you a chance to win miles for a milestone trip. Plus, as a loyal member for 35 years, you'll earn an additional 3,500 miles just for registering for a chance to win the grand prize. See below for details.
Explore Explore
Read and watch milestone stories from our AAdvantage members, and get inspired for your next trip.
Win Win
Enter for your chance to win 350,000 AAdvantage miles to take your own milestone trip. We'll pick 35 grand prize winners in all.
Share Share
Share your story about a past milestone trip or one you're looking forward to taking and you can earn up to 700 AAdvantage miles.
Let's go
Old May 4, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EP
Link appears to be working now. Was able to register for the chance to win 350K miles.
Old May 4, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Link works, but the site is very slow and only displayed a portion of the content. Was eventually able to register though.
Old May 4, 2016, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
This is a pretty sad 35th anniversary promotion compared to the 25th one 10 years ago. I remember they were giving out a ton of miles, I think it was DEQM or DRDM (maybe both) in addition to a ton of different games/prizes/promotions.
Old May 4, 2016, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by mmjaysee
This is a pretty sad 35th anniversary promotion compared to the 25th one 10 years ago. I remember they were giving out a ton of miles, I think it was DEQM or DRDM (maybe both) in addition to a ton of different games/prizes/promotions.
Back in those days there was competition.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mmjaysee
Definitely agree-- each one of these has been noticeably weaker than the one(s) previous.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Definitely agree-- each one of these has been noticeably weaker than the one(s) previous.
I figure for the 40th anniversary AA will just send out a e-card from Hallmark with a birthday cake on it. By 50th, AA will probably start to charge us for the promotion.

Gotta love Oligopolies.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Forget the 700 free miles. Instead, just guarantee us PDBs, which is much more valuable to most FT members. Now, if I happen to be lucky enough to win 350,000, you won't see me complaining one bit
Old May 4, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott LT-TE, United Gold
Agreed with some of the other responses - site is very slow but eventually was able to register.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Unless I win the big prize, I'll be earning <0.1% of the anniversary promo miles I did in 2006. What a difference 10 years can make!
Old May 4, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Promotional sweepstakes/miles giveaway aside, I believe some (most?) of the videos are from 1MM+ BIS AA members. I would guess one or more of them are FT members (whether or not they wish to admit it), but it looks like there was solicitation of stories ahead of the general promo.

Rasheed
Old May 4, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Does anyone have a link to promo?
Old May 4, 2016, 2:10 pm

AAdvantage 35th Anniversary Promotion
Old May 4, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Hmm...still have promotional materials from 20, 25 and 30 and have to say Maya did a phenomenal job with 30.

Maybe they'll come out with more promos over the next month. The 35th Anniversary splash page content doesn't resonate. The email announcement didn't have panache or polish.

This is arrogant, and hope I'm wrong, but this makes what I did earlier in the year to earn certain members of the executive team a slap on the wrist by a counterparty for not planning something, believable.

That counterparty isn't mentioned in any of the material posted today unlike past #milestone celebrations, which was something I asked and was told they hadn't been consulted yet.

At least American gifted 700 miles and turning 35 was recognized.
Old May 4, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Register for AAdvantage's 30th Anniversary

Still up

Register here for one of last celebration's sweepstakes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.