Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club House Rules (issues & discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 21, 2017, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals Club House Rules

The Admirals Club Terms and Conditions, including the section entitled House Rules, can be accessed here
. May 2017:

House Rules

• During your visit to an Admirals Club lounge, American requires that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.

• American asks that you maintain a quiet environment within each Admirals Club lounge and to step outside with any crying or disruptive children or guests.

• As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devices such as MP3 players, video games, or DVD players, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any personal devise, including cellular telephones.

• Smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars (including electronic products), chewing tobacco, and the use of smokeless tobacco are prohibited inside Admirals Club lounges.

• American reserves the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any guest who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.

• Complimentary food, alcoholic beverages and periodicals provided by Admirals Club are for consumption and use inside the Admirals Club only and may not be removed.

• Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside Admirals Club lounges.

• Service animals are welcome in Admirals Club lounges. Quiet pets accompanying guests onboard the aircraft are also permitted, provided they remain in their carry-on kennels.

• Families with small children and nursing mothers may use family rooms in Admirals Club lounges, where available.

• Any conduct that is deemed by American to be inappropriate, undignified, disruptive, abusive or violent is prohibited, and American reserves the right to remove any member or visitor for such conduct, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions.
Print Wikipost

Admirals Club House Rules (issues & discussion)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I've been at the AC at LAX and usually sit in the no cell phone area. It's amazing the amount of passengers sitting in that particular area yapping away. To one passenger's credit, I did point to the sign right next to him on the table and he immediately hung up.

The one that really annoyed me was the guy at the DFW AC in terminal C who thought it was entirely appropriate to have a face time conversation with someone over speaker phone. He was completely oblivious to all the stares he was getting from just about everyone else in the vicinity.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
. . .

He was completely oblivious to all the stares he was getting from just about everyone else in the vicinity.
I bet he was not oblivious. He just didn't care!
Old May 21, 2017, 7:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
From the Admirals Club T&C:
  • As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devices such as MP3 players, video games, or DVD players, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any personal devise (sic), including cellular telephones.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
I've been at the AC at LAX and usually sit in the no cell phone area. It's amazing the amount of passengers sitting in that particular area yapping away. To one passenger's credit, I did point to the sign right next to him on the table and he immediately hung up.

The one that really annoyed me was the guy at the DFW AC in terminal C who thought it was entirely appropriate to have a face time conversation with someone over speaker phone. He was completely oblivious to all the stares he was getting from just about everyone else in the vicinity.
I would have been annoyed, too. Why didn't someone get right next to him and just ask him to please stop? That's what I do, and it pretty much always works.

Originally Posted by controller1
From the Admirals Club T&C:
  • As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devices such as MP3 players, video games, or DVD players, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any personal devise, including cellular telephones.
Excellent find; thanks! AA should put this (and other key rules) at the check-in desks, since people would see them there (sometimes).
Old May 21, 2017, 7:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The Admirals Club Terms and Conditions, including the section entitled House Rules, can be accessed here. And certainly the Club staff have access to those rules as well, though they may be reluctant to enforce them for various reasons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.