Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Lounge Changes: Flagship Lounge, Admirals Club, etc.

Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship Dining Changes, Renovations & Additions

On 17 February 2016 American Airlines announced a number of additions and implied possible access changes. Link.

NOTES:: Day Pass sales have been suspended at all airports with Admirals Clubs under renovation.

Thirty day memberships ceased to be available 25 Jul 2016.

Read the newest posts for updated information.

Admirals Club, Flagship, Arrivals Lounges and Flagship First Dining

Chicago - OHare / ORD L Club is open again, after closure the month of October, 2019.

San Francisco / SFO New Admirals Club (and Terminal, gates move) March 2020 to new Terminal 1. See post #72.

DFW International Terminal D Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining and Admirals Club opened 16 May 2019.

NRT - Narita (Tokyo) Admirals Club is closing late March 2020.

PHL Terminal A East Admirals Club closed for refurbishment 6 May 2019.

PHL A-West Admirals Club to close 30 Sep 2019, to reopen as Flagship Lounge ETA July 2020. Mini-Club opened.

SCL / Santiago, Chile Admirals Club closed permanently as of 1 May 2019.

CLT / Charlotte Concourse B Club opened 20 Feb 2019) after expansion and renovation. Link.

New Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining and Admirals Club OPEN (16 May 2019). DFW Terminal D Club closed for refurbishment, Dining closed, interim Premium passenger lounge open ~7 Apr 2018. See this thread.

DFW Terminal A Club OPEN again as of 7 April 2018.

Current Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining
: Chicago (ORD), Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK). LHR planned.

Flagship Lounge Additions, Club Renovations and Flagship Dining expansion and access changes:
  • Dallas - FT. Worth (DFW): Terminal "D Flagship Lounge / oneworld Airlines Premium Lounge, Flagship First Dining and Admirals Club opened 16 May 2019 .

• Los Angeles (LAX): Renovation (Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining, Admirals Club) complete. T5 lounge OPEN in old Delta Sky Club space.[/b]

• London (LHR): Arrivals Lounge was renovated; OPEN 3 Aug 2016 with enhanced breakfast, expanded hours and 29 shower suites.

• Miami (MIA): D30 Flagship Lounge OPEN and Club renovation is finished, D15 renovation is finished, restrooms, children's room, business center all open; D30 new Flagship Lounge with 6 nice big showers, Arepa station, buffet and more is open; Flagship First Dining OPEN.

• New York (JFK): B12 Club closed for renovation (temporary lounge open on mezzanine bridge or use C42 Club); Flagship First Dining OPEN 25 May 2017. First Class Lounge renovation completed 8 Dec 2016 and Flagship Lounge name restored.

• Philadelphia (PHL): New Flagship Lounge planned - A West Club Gates A15/A16.

• Rio de Janeiro (GIG) OPEN Renovation completed 4 Aug 2016.
Closures (2015): Clubs were closed at Buffalo (BUF), San Juan (SJU) in 2015 and Santiago, Chile (SCL) May 2018.

Narita (NRT) to close late March 2020.

Access changes from AA
  • Flagship Lounge access AA: Starting mid-2017, Flagship Lounge access was extended to customers booked in Business and First Class on A321T three class transcon, Trans-Atlantic, Trans-Pacific and deep South American flights, as well as EXP/EMD, PPRO/SAP & PLAT/SAP on qualifying flights in any class of service.

See and discuss in Expanded Access to Flagship Lounge as of Spring

• Flagship First Dining access: First Class customers on Americans 3-class international and transcontinental flights have exclusive access to FlagshipSM Dining as of 2017.

(This has put Flagship Dining into a category similar to the BA Concorde Room and a few other lounges - not oneworld lounges, restricted to long haul Flagship (three class) First passengers on AA marketed and operated flights, and CX at JFK, only.)

• Admirals Club access: Members other than Lifetime members) must be flying AA or a partner airline the day of access. Members not meeting that criterion will be turned away. Effective 1 Nov 2019.
Thirty day memberships are no longer available as of 25 Jul 2016, and One Day Pass cost has increased to $59. Annual Club memberships increased in price in 2016 and increased in 2019. Household memberships were abolished as if 1 Feb 2019. The cheapest Club memberships are using Business Extra or points or Award Miles, followed by the Citi AAdvantage Executive MasterCard, $450, which affords full Club membership and access for subsidiary cardholders.

Link to View from the Wing article

Link to archived posts 2016-2017

Guide to Lounge Changes: Flagship Lounge, Admirals Club, etc.

Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Worst Admirals Club lounge?
JonNYC likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Any news on when DFW Flagship may open?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by aj411
Any news on when DFW Flagship may open?
No time soon, I think I just saw a communication that said late 2018, or early 2019.
aj411 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
so I suppose a connection in ORD for an international flight would be a slightly better idea. LOL!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Lowest level possible
Any update on the PHL FL opening date?

(I searched this thread but couldn't find the answer. Apologies if it has been posted earlier and I missed it)
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by DoTheBartMan

(I searched this thread but couldn't find the answer. Apologies if it has been posted earlier and I missed it)
I think the wiki has the latest information, which is to say nothing new to report. I the Dallas FL summary fits Philidelphia FL... "some day".
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP

I was in the A West AC December 30 and asked the AAngels if they knew anything and was told "In the future."
In other words, they don't know.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Clark Casual
I was in the A West AC December 30 and asked the AAngels if they knew anything and was told "In the future."
In other words, they don't know.
Though it doesn't affect me as I don't do much intl and not out of PHL, it is disappointing. As AA transfers more of their INTL feed and attempts to grow Europe from PHL, you'd think that an updated AC and FL would be a priority. I suppose that since it is a fortress hub, they're concentrating on other airports first.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Posts relating to lounge access have been relocated to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...es-2018-a.html

Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC

I'm curious as well. I was there a couple weeks ago and just got a vague "we're working on it" when I asked. As I'm based in Madrid, it's a good gateway into the US, but an improved lounge would be very nice.

Though I also have the same question for DFW.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: AA lifetime plat 2.5 million
? Opening date of PHL flagship lounge?

What is the latest rumor on this?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:30 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
DFW: A Open, D closes, ~6 April 2018

Verified everything is staged for A Club reopening (no fitness room, but six showers; some uncertainty if the showers will still be the enormous rain showers that were part of the Flagship Lounge or not).

The D lounge will close for extensive refurbishment o/a6 April 2018. The Admirals Club will be smaller, but there will be an extended Flagship Lounge (also to be used by British and Qatar eligible passengers) and full Flagship First Dining.

(The interim D Flagship Dining today was predictably crappy, other than a passable lobster bisque and decent whole meal peasant style bread.)
zpaul likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
That seems good for me for now, since AA37 tends to leave from A. Just curious if that will likely stay the same or if it will move to D for the summer schedule when it switches over to 777 service?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: aa exp, ihg plat amb
Originally Posted by JDiver
Verified everything is staged for A Club reopening (no fitness room, but six showers; some uncertainty if the showers will still be the enormous rain showers that were part of the Flagship Lounge or not).

The D lounge will close for extensive refurbishment o/a6 April 2018. The Admirals Club will be smaller, but there will be an extended Flagship Lounge (also to be used by British and Qatar eligible passengers) and full Flagship First Dining.

(The interim D Flagship Dining today was predictably crappy, other than a passable lobster bisque and decent whole meal peasant style bread.)
So no interim Flagship Dining or anything while D is closed?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA ExePlat
BOS B4 (LUS) Admirals Lounge closing around end of March for renovations. This is in conjunction with construction of new gates which will consolidate AA gates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.