Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE AA SDFC CHANGED POLICY: As of 01/15/16 the SDFC option will be limited to alternate flights only if they follow the same origin, destination, and also SAME CONNECTION POINT. Other rules seem to be unchanged as far as available 24-hours before, no charge to EXP, no co-terminals allowed, and slight overlap to calendar date limitation for late night may be possible.
This is the archive of posts prior to 15 January 2016 changes. For the current thread, please see:

"Domestic" Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CFC / "Standby"
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:10 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Posts from 2008-2014 have been archived here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...re-2015-a.html

Please see wiki above for additional information. Thanks! /AA Moderators

Last edited by JY1024; Jan 5, 2016 at 5:54 pm Reason: update
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA PPro, DL Gold, UA Silver, AS MVP Gold
Now that SDC is complimentary for EXPs, has anyone been able to take advantage of this and can share their experiences in requesting them?

Thanks

FobbyFlyer
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:31 pm

Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDC / CFC / "Standby" (consolidated)

Tried today but no E availability despite 7s practically across the board on LAX-SFO.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Instructions to agents on Jan 1 told them that programming was not completed (to not charge an EP) at that time but to use a waiver for the $75 fee on EP request for now.

-E- inventory still required, needless to say.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Instructions to agents on Jan 1 told them that programming was not completed (to not charge an EP) at that time but to use a waiver for the $75 fee on EP request for now.

Great benefit and great news. Thanks - I've been wondering when this would kick in. I had an IRROPS reroute onto US from AA Sunday (avoiding ORD by routing through CLT). I may have benefited without even knowing
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Is this even that helpful if E inventory must be available? If E must be available the plane is going to be generally wide open in the first place which means EXP would clear from standby list anyway (and could still be requesting an UPG by asking the AC to add RQST UPG in the comments field).
Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JonNYC

Just having a ticket exchanged using this new benefit and suffice to say it's not off to a great start. Had a very good agent though who immediately knew that it was in effect, I told her the new flights I would like to be booked on, should be a piece of cake. Not quite. Due to some programming issue for the waiver to processed the system was saying it needed to be the same routing (not true). After being on hold for 45 minutes was told everything was documented and to have my ticket exchanged at the counter before departure. I pressed and said I want it sorted out now. Kept me on hold for another 20 minutes and everything is set now. No change of dates, just routing over DFW instead of ORD.

In the future hopefully it will be an easier and more straightforward process.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Is this even that helpful if E inventory must be available? If E must be available the plane is going to be generally wide open in the first place which means EXP would clear from standby list anyway (and could still be requesting an UPG by asking the AC to add RQST UPG in the comments field).
I haven't tried it yet, but being able to search for E and look at the seat map on ExpertFlyer seems like a good thing. I'd much rather know that I have either an exit row window or an MCE aisle confirmed before I leave for the airport, and then take my chances with the upgrade at the gate.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1K, AS 75K, LT Titanium, Globalist
My assistant was unaware of the change, and ended up reticketing my itinerary through our corporate travel agency instead of calling the airline and getting the free change. +800 instead of Free/$75.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I'm interested in standing by for the last flight of the day (my flight's in the morning). Earlier this thread some had said one would be moved onto flights in the next day if there's no room on this flight. Is there any official policy that guarantees this, or am I really subject to the mercy of the agents?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JMN57
Great benefit and great news. Thanks - I've been wondering when this would kick in. I had an IRROPS reroute onto US from AA Sunday (avoiding ORD by routing through CLT). I may have benefited without even knowing
Glad it may have helped.

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Just having a ticket exchanged using this new benefit and suffice to say it's not off to a great start. Had a very good agent though who immediately knew that it was in effect, I told her the new flights I would like to be booked on, should be a piece of cake. Not quite. Due to some programming issue for the waiver to processed the system was saying it needed to be the same routing (not true). After being on hold for 45 minutes was told everything was documented and to have my ticket exchanged at the counter before departure. I pressed and said I want it sorted out now. Kept me on hold for another 20 minutes and everything is set now. No change of dates, just routing over DFW instead of ORD.

In the future hopefully it will be an easier and more straightforward process.
Well sure doesn't sound like it has anywhere to go but "up" from your experience!

Originally Posted by ihdihd
My assistant was unaware of the change, and ended up reticketing my itinerary through our corporate travel agency instead of calling the airline and getting the free change. +800 instead of Free/$75.
That's an "ouch."
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
EXP would clear but maybe not immediately. So SDC allows
- earlier choice of seat
- protection for change onto later flight (critical if an intermediate flight cancels, when the desired later flight might go to Y0 E0 in an instant)
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:57 am
Suspended

It could never be the case that they'd allow this feature -without- pretty strict capacity control-- they'd lose a fortune in people buying on the cheap flights and switching to the prime ones.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Same Day Confirmed Change?

Does AA allow a SDC? coming from UA, i'm used to a 24 hour rule - within 24 hours, if booking code is avail, you can change for free. does aa have anything similar or just standby? any fees for an exec platinum?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
AA does have Confirmed Flight Change. It has a normal fee of $75. But as of January 1st, it is now free for Exec Plat. It does not require the same inventory when in Y but does require that E inventory be available. Can be checked with Expertflyer.

There is also free standby for Exec Plat, Plats and Gold (not sure about the latter)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.