Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2017 MileSAAver Awards Disappear, Unavailable [AAnytime now back]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 MileSAAver Awards Disappear, Unavailable [AAnytime now back]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2016, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
In my opinion, not the answer.
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Would make the most sense, glad to hear you think that way.
+1
Old Feb 21, 2016, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by ycc777
Oh, I did get one twitter response and that is "for award availability question, contact reservation 800-882-8880". We are still running circles.
I got the same response from them on twitter.

Ended up ticketing the international portion of my flights and will deal with the domestic ticket later. If they had good customer service, they would allow us to add domestic legs to an already ticketed flight without the $150 change fee. Bt I hve very low expectations.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Originally Posted by redghost

Ended up ticketing the international portion of my flights and will deal with the domestic ticket later. If they had good customer service, they would allow us to add domestic legs to an already ticketed flight without the $150 change fee. Bt I hve very low expectations.
You did the wise move. In attempting to get another extension today for my return trip, my JL leg was not released back. Now, I'm cancelling the whole trip and burning them for 2016 dates. So much for March 22!! Good luck everyone. I'm out of this mess.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by ycc777
You did the wise move. In attempting to get another extension today for my return trip, my JL leg was not released back. Now, I'm cancelling the whole trip and burning them for 2016 dates. So much for March 22!! Good luck everyone. I'm out of this mess.
I thought about chancing it but figured if this is what I have to pay to be in CX J class SIN to ORD, Not a bad price to pay.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 1:37 pm

I have looked all day for DFW-PVG or DFW-NRT or HKG in Milesaaver Biz/First; there is NOTHING available for 2017- NOTHING, Tried SFO and LAX, also tried ORD to all three to all three final destinations, nothing and tried searching nearly every day allowed in Jan 2017
Old Feb 22, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
AA has the first 17 days of 2017 loaded, but there is ZERO sAAver availability. Based on their social media responses, AA must think its passengers are complete idiots. I don't believe for a second that this is all some innocent case of coincidences. For those of us outside of hub cities and without EXP status, this will add at least $150 to my international partner award tickets. I can't book a simple CVG-ORD connector to get to my Cathay flight.

If you look at individual days, there is variable pricing for AAnytime awards (20-50k in economy) so their rev mgmt team is obviously making decisions. They are just choosing to hold back all saaver availability.

For those with a longer history with AA, is there any precedent for this?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by redghost

I received the same response. Seems quite silly but I am going to do the same.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by cfo314
I received the same response. Seems quite silly but I am going to do the same.
I gave up on LAX-SFO availability opening up on AA and over the weekend, ticketed my trip from HKG by adding LAX-SEA-SFO in F on AS. Would a significant schedule change provide an opportunity to change (w/o a fee) to a more direct route to SFO?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by arfaczar
I gave up on LAX-SFO availability opening up on AA and over the weekend, ticketed my trip from HKG by adding LAX-SEA-SFO in F on AS. Would a significant schedule change provide an opportunity to change (w/o a fee) to a more direct route to SFO?
Did you add LAX-SEA-SFO on a same itinerary?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by arfaczar
After March 22, it would be subject to higher mileage due to changing AS to AA.

If it was all AA, the fee would be waived, not sure if it's AS.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by DutchRyan
AA has the first 17 days of 2017 loaded, but there is ZERO sAAver availability. Based on their social media responses, AA must think its passengers are complete idiots. I don't believe for a second that this is all some innocent case of coincidences. For those of us outside of hub cities and without EXP status, this will add at least $150 to my international partner award tickets. I can't book a simple CVG-ORD connector to get to my Cathay flight.

If you look at individual days, there is variable pricing for AAnytime awards (20-50k in economy) so their rev mgmt team is obviously making decisions. They are just choosing to hold back all saaver availability.

For those with a longer history with AA, is there any precedent for this?
Too bad there's no way to prove/sue them

I'm ex-YYZ (Canada), which gets even worse after 3/22 ..
Hence, nothing in 2017 at all for YYZ to any East Coast hubs, then to Europe (20K off-peak)

Otherwise, I'll probably book Dec 2016 to Europe, and HOPE to change to 2017 when Saaver space do open up, without change fee hopefully
Old Feb 22, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Just hit another blog. The more visibility the better...

http://pointmetotheplane.boardingare...ability-trend/
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:41 pm

Just got off the phone with an EP reservation agent and was told that if you add a flight or make any changes to your award ticket after March 22nd that you will be charged the new award rate even if you booked the original flight before then. So my first class CX booked at 67,500 will be 110,000 if I were to make any changes/additions to my itinerary after March 22nd!!
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Shy Guy
Just got off the phone with an EP reservation agent and was told that if you add a flight or make any changes to your award ticket after March 22nd that you will be charged the new award rate even if you booked the original flight before then. So my first class CX booked at 67,500 will be 110,000 if I were to make any changes/additions to my itinerary after March 22nd!!
Adding a flight, there's never been much/any doubt that that would trigger new rate.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Data point:
I managed to get AA EXP desk to open up a saver economy seat on a short east coast hop. Put it on hold and it interestingly says on hold until Jan 17, 2017...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.