Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

I can't view / trouble viewing my itineraries on aa.com

I can't view / trouble viewing my itineraries on aa.com

Old Feb 7, 2016, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Since last September, I can't view any of my itineraries on AA.com

Excerpts from e-mail I sent Customer Relations after I got nowhere for months with Web Support and AAdvantage:

...I have attempted to contact multiple departments including AA.com Web Services, AAdvantage Customer Service etc. to no avail and the problem continues to persist.

In September 2015, any itinerary which was associated with my AAdvantage number became inaccessible on AA.com. Since then, I have been unable to access the details on any of my itineraries. I have to call in every time to check for schedule changes. In fact, two itineraries in October 2016 were identified as having major schedule changes, which I would not have known about, had I not called in about them... it has been extremely inconvenient, and I have several trips coming up and the inability to view my reservation online means that I cannot select seats, check-in online or do anything else which I should be able to do on the website.

When I contacted the Web Services area, they performed a "Co-browse" with me which displayed to them the exact same "Unavailable" message which I receive when I attempt to access any of my itineraries. They said they would send a message to the programmers and web developers to fix this issue. It has now been almost 6 months and at this time I am still unable to access any of my Trips on the website. Note that any itinerary which is NOT associated with my AAdvantage number can be viewed on the website until my AAdvantage number is associated with it. Once associated, I cannot view the itinerary online...
First I thought someone was trying to fraudulently access my account... but all the miles have been posting correctly and I have been able to book award tickets with miles out of my account so it doesn't appear to be that kind of issue.

I also called partner airlines and they had the correct ticket numbers etc. so it appears that the tickets have been correctly issued.

Wonder if anyone else has experienced anything quite so bizarre, and if so how it was resolved.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 16, 2016 at 2:30 pm Reason: Restore original post title
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: Executive Platinum
Are all your upcoming flights on Partner airlines?
I believe at least one leg of your reservation has to be on AA to show up under My Reservation. I had this issue several years ago on one of my all Partner flights.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Yes, each itinerary has at least one and in some cases 2 flights on AA.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: Executive Platinum
I have never had that happen to me, so I would only be guesses. Maybe someone else can share their experience.

Any possibility that the name associated with you FF number is slightly different than the one associated with your reservation? I always make my reservation with my FF number assigned.

Just curious you say you can see your reservation when you do not have your FF number assigned. How are you able to long into your account without this information on your reservation?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Nope. Been an AAdvantage member since 1997 and never had an issue with my name or number both of which have been the same for the last 19 years.

When I don't have my FF # assigned... for example if the reservation is ticketed simply using my name. Then I pull it up with first name, last name and locator only. The AAdvantage number does not always need to be associated with the rez. But if you are logged in and you pull up a reservation for yourself, the system will link it to your AAdv #. And that's when I cannot see it anymore.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:30 am
Original Poster

...and now, all my fully confirmed and ticketed award itineraries associated with my AAdvantage number which contain at least one AA operated segment still cannot be viewed, but a ticketed award itinerary associated with my account which has NO segments operated by AA pulls up fine. That is just bizarre.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:13 pm

There is no longer a "must have AA segment" restriction. I see both AA and non-AA AAdvantage award bookings in "My Trips".
Old Mar 16, 2016, 2:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by gq_dq
...and now, all my fully confirmed and ticketed award itineraries associated with my AAdvantage number which contain at least one AA operated segment still cannot be viewed, but a ticketed award itinerary associated with my account which has NO segments operated by AA pulls up fine. That is just bizarre.
Bizarre indeed!

I can see my AA itineraries as usual.

I'd recommend trying with another browser first, and if that works trying to clear my cache, and if there's no change my aa.com related cookies, in my original browser.

Screen shots and web services if that continues. This is very anomalous and not happening to others (at least as reported here) AFAIK.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Really so darn enervating. Just booked another award today containing AA segments and all was fine... until my AAdv # was associated with the record and... boom! Unavailable. Now I'll have to call for all services on this one too. Such good times.

I was hoping this glitch was only with the itineraries I booked last year... but no such luck. It's now almost 8 months and counting...
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, National
That has happened to me twice. I have called and confirmed the bookings and they work all right when I actually fly. If I just plug in the confirmation number I can get the flight info before the flight, but for some reason they still did not show up on my AA.com account before the flight. I have asked about it but the CS reps anyway don't know that it is an issue (but more than one has confirmed it has happened to others).
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by gq_dq
Really so darn enervating. Just booked another award today containing AA segments and all was fine... until my AAdv # was associated with the record and... boom! Unavailable. Now I'll have to call for all services on this one too. Such good times.

I was hoping this glitch was only with the itineraries I booked last year... but no such luck. It's now almost 8 months and counting...
I ran into this bug with a single itinerary earlier this year... Ultimately, noone was able to help me. I eventually managed to talk a helpful agent into reissuing the ticket to get a fresh PNR, and which fixed it.

I'd try asking them to remove your FF# from a reservation to see if suddenly you can access. This may help to narrow down whether the issue is in accessing itineraries linked to your web account ("My Trips") - this was my problem - or in accessing itineraries tied to your #. In my case, removing the FF# had no effect; once it was in my trips list, kaput.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 11:17 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by darnold
I ran into this bug with a single itinerary earlier this year... Ultimately, noone was able to help me. I eventually managed to talk a helpful agent into reissuing the ticket to get a fresh PNR, and which fixed it.

I'd try asking them to remove your FF# from a reservation to see if suddenly you can access. This may help to narrow down whether the issue is in accessing itineraries linked to your web account ("My Trips") - this was my problem - or in accessing itineraries tied to your #. In my case, removing the FF# had no effect; once it was in my trips list, kaput.
One of my awards (CX, JL, AS) wasn't accessible initially, then for the next couple of months was viewable and now for the last couple of weeks isn't accessible on the website again. And all the while, there was no problem viewing the reservation on the AA app.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.