Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Online Flight Status: Why The Regression ?

Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic

Hi all...

The previous online flight status system was excellent, as it gave information about the requested flight PLUS the status of the incoming flight.

That information proved invaluable as we all have known laughable (actually cryable) boards showing soon departing flights as being "On Time" when the incoming flight had still not left the gate hundreds (or more) of miles away. For those of us who looked, it gave us adequate time to organize substitutions or reroutings.

That information is now gone. Are we considered too immature to attempt organizing IRROPS to the best of our ability which often beats that of people whose job it is supposed to be ?

I cannot see what advantage those in power at the new AA gain from withdrawing the information. Any ideas here ?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
Hi all...

The previous online flight status system was excellent, as it gave information about the requested flight PLUS the status of the incoming flight.

That information proved invaluable as we all have known laughable (actually cryable) boards showing soon departing flights as being "On Time" when the incoming flight had still not left the gate hundreds (or more) of miles away. For those of us who looked, it gave us adequate time to organize substitutions or reroutings.

That information is now gone. Are we considered too immature to attempt organizing IRROPS to the best of our ability which often beats that of people whose job it is supposed to be ?

I cannot see what advantage those in power at the new AA gain from withdrawing the information. Any ideas here ?
What I am finding at MIA is that when an a/c is coming out of maintenance and going inflight the incoming flight status does not show. Specifically for morning or early afternoon flights at a hub an a/c is placed back into service, thus no incoming flight.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Cofyknsult
Hi all...

The android app still shows the incoming flight info.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Domestic vs International

It actually looks like the system still gives the incoming flight information for domestic flights but not for international sectors... What the... ?
Maybe a security concern ?

Last edited by Cofyknsult; Dec 1, 2015 at 11:52 pm
Old Dec 2, 2015, 8:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I never relied on those systems. FlightBoard and flight tracking apps on my smartphone have been far better than relying on the vagaries of AA systems.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
I never relied on those systems. FlightBoard and flight tracking apps on my smartphone have been far better than relying on the vagaries of AA systems.
Is there an app that easily/clearly shows the status of the inbound aircraft? That's the main reason I use AA.com for flight status.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: DL GM
I enjoy going to Flightradar24, searching for the flight number, and taking the tail number to see the inbound flight info. Also lets me see how old/new the aircraft is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.