Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

All corporate or targeted elite status fast track promo / "challenge" / challenges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 5, 2015, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA Promotional Targeted Fast Tracks to Status
(LinkedIn offer Sep 2015 and other promotional targeted offers)

New link: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...itle=fasttrack

Sample promo

Elite status is within your reach

Register now for this exclusive offer to fast track your way to American Airlines AAdvantage® elite status.

Reach status faster.

Fly on American, US Airways and other select airlines* and earn the required elite-qualifying miles or points between the date you register and December 23, 2015, and you'll receive status through February 28, 2017.

[code]Elite status level

Code:
Elite status level	  Elite-qualifying miles or points needed
Executive Platinum	  100,000  30,000
Platinum	           50,000  12,000
Gold	                   25,000  6,000
Signing up is easy.

Signing up is easy. Use the promotion code you received from us, and register before you travel and no later than September 15, 2015.
Note: Only 0.5, 1.0 or 1.5 base points, not the expanded 2 or 3 bonus points from the current premium offer, have been acceptable to AA for challenges and fast track offers.
Other language you may see:

"We're offering an exclusive opportunity to fast track to American Airlines AAdvantage® elite status. Don't wait to sign up. This is a one-time offer that is available if you act now.

AAdvantage members who currently hold elite status are not eligible to participate.

Not an AAdvantage member? You'll have a chance to sign up below."

Another sample

Here's how it works:

Reach status faster

Fly on American, US Airways and other select airlines** and earn the required elite-qualifying points between September 14 and December 23, 2015, and you'll receive status through February 28, 2017.

Code:
Elite status level	  Elite-qualifying points needed
Executive Platinum	  100,000. 25,000
Platinum	           50,000  9,000
Gold	                   25,000  5,000
Enjoy elite benefits

With this limited-time offer, you'll be eligible for all the perks of elite status once you qualify, including:
  • Mileage bonuses on eligible flights
  • Special upgrade privileges
  • Priority check-in and boarding
  • Free checked bag privileges
  • Complimentary access to Preferred Seats
Learn about other elite benefits »

Ready to get started? You can register for this special offer below. Remember, this is a one-time offer that is available if you act now.

**Eligible airlines include American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Qantas, US Airways®, as well as eligible codeshare flights.

This is a targeted offer; if you were not a recipient of the email, you seem to be able to sign in and to have your signup verified, but it's doubtful you will be awarded the benefits offered.
[/quote]
Print Wikipost

All corporate or targeted elite status fast track promo / "challenge" / challenges

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPLT

https://promo.aa.com/promos/promos.cfm?s=555135

Came up in a banner ad online. Thanks AA, I really feel like a sucker sitting at 80,000 points earned the old fashioned way.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Exclamation

ONLY members who were targeted will get the status.

An email confirmation means absolutely nothing unless you were targeted.

AA's IT might be terrible at a lot of things, but it's excellent at this; ONLY members who were targeted will get the status.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:39 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by adrianjo

Came up in a banner ad online. Thanks AA, I really feel like a sucker sitting at 80,000 points earned the old fashioned way.
Lol no kidding. Ridiculous.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:02 am

hmmm I have no status with AA, Silver with CX (OWR) enter my AA number/info and manage to register... not that I intend to fly AA any time soon

got the below message:

Thank you, your registration has been submitted.

"You will receive a confirmation email from American Airlines before the start of this challenge (September 14, 2015)."

Anyone actually got the email?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I'm in! Got a rocks! ^^^
Old Sep 4, 2015, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
I'm in! Got a rocks! ^^^
N830MH did you received the original targeted email/flyer?

If not I guess you sign up from the link given right, did you received the confirmation email?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, Global Entry
For 2015, enroll by Sept 23

I just enrolled for a Platinum Challenge for flights I have where I should qualify by mid October. When signing up, the rep told me that it's a good thing I called now as they've just found out they will be closing the challenge program on September 23rd, not taking any more signups after that through at least the end of the year. He said they will have a revamped program starting sometime next year.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 12:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Am glad that I just signed up for one too then! Was comp'd gold instantly even with challenge starting two weeks later, but I had to be quite persuasive to make that work.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by jkuok
N830MH did you received the original targeted email/flyer?

If not I guess you sign up from the link given right, did you received the confirmation email?
Signed up via link. Wasn't targeted. Already Plat. No email. Worth a try though, right?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by JRRinNC
I just enrolled for a Platinum Challenge for flights I have where I should qualify by mid October. When signing up, the rep told me that it's a good thing I called now as they've just found out they will be closing the challenge program on September 23rd, not taking any more signups after that through at least the end of the year. He said they will have a revamped program starting sometime next year.
I wonder if they are doing this because of the influx of Delta Deserters? (of which, I am one)
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat
All Status challenge via LinkedIn Sep 2015 (TARGETED)

Hmm..AA just released a free status challenge that is even better than the paid challenge. This says however that you must have received the offer from a LinkedIn message. I wonder if this is available to everyone?

I just paid to start a platinum challenge 1 week ago.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Esltroy
I wonder if they are doing this because of the influx of Delta Deserters? (of which, I am one)
No connection there.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Challenge is free now?

Is this the same thing as the paid challenge? I was going to do the challenge, but my flights are discount codes so at .5 I was barely going to make Gold. But I just signed up since it is free.

Is it the same thing? Seems like some folks who paid for the challenge might be a bit grumpy about this.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Two more data points both successful.

(1) I signed up for Plat challenge on 8/26 to start right away, and got instant gold. Rep said they could only make one "exception", so I couldn't get instant gold and backdated start - just one or the other. Obviously I took gold for instant gratification. $240. No documentation of competing status required. At request for challenge, I already had about 43k miles booked for the rest of the year and wanted status quick, since my travel is going way up on AA.

(2) I convinced someone else to sign up for Plat challenge on 9/4, but wanted to post-date the start to 9/15 (11 days). They got instant gold and post-dated start no problem at all ^. $240. No sending in doc for competing status required. As request for challenge, he had about 27k miles booked for the rest of the year at this point.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by joachimm

Is this the same thing as the paid challenge? I was going to do the challenge, but my flights are discount codes so at .5 I was barely going to make Gold. But I just signed up since it is free.

Is it the same thing? Seems like some folks who paid for the challenge might be a bit grumpy about this.
That offer is targeted and will not work for anyone that was not targeted/received the offer.

It will not posts status for anyone who wasn't/didn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.