Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"Fast Track" and Corporate Challenges
These are mostly targeted or tied to a corporation

"Fast Track" challenges may (or not) offer interim status kept if specified terms (usually EQM and EQD minima within a given time period) and may be for one status level (occasionally even to Executive Platinum) depending on the offer and target group. (If the challenge is not met, interim status is rescinded.) Offers have been offered to a AA flyers marketing targets because they opine they might fly more and retain status, a subset of LinkedIn members, members of competing FFPs, members signing up for Founders Card, etc. (Requesting these when one was not targeted is generally useless.)

Corporate status challenges are offered to employees of certain companies. (One can not apply for such a challenge other than through the existence of such a challenge where one is employed.)

Corporate and fast track status challenges may vary in their detail: some may confer interim status and confirm it after the challenge threshold has been met, some allow purchasing status for a period but requiring flight activity to extend beyond. Please be sure to read the terms and conditions of any corporate status challenge offered you, because it may differ in detail from those discussed here.

Most of these status challenges require flying to earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles on "American Airlines, American Eagle®, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Qantas, as well as eligible codeshare flights" (these are AA Joint Business Venture partners).

Most fast track challenges are targeted, and if someone who was not targeted attempts to sign up the attempt is usually reflected.

Previous posts have been archived to this thread.

Please read on for details, or to add information to the thread: ARCHIVE: "Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge

Updated 10 Feb 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

"Fast Track" & Corporate Status Challenge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by jliehr
Interesting, I got the following

As a valued Citi® / AAdvantage® cardholder, we'd like to offer you the opportunity to earn American Airlines AAdvantage® Gold status in two simple steps.
Step 1. Enroll in this special offer by July 31, 2017.*
Step 2. Use your Citi® / AAdvantage® card(s) to spend a net of $15,000 in purchases from date of enrollment through August 31, 2017.

After reaching your qualifying spend, you’ll enjoy AAdvantage® Gold status — with exceptional benefits like upgrades, complimentary Preferred Seats and much more — through January 2018.†
So no flying required to achieve status?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:37 pm
Suspended

As a valued Citi® / AAdvantage® cardholder, we'd like to offer you the opportunity to earn American Airlines AAdvantage® Gold status in two simple steps.
Step 2. Use your Citi® / AAdvantage® card(s) to spend a net of $15,000 in purchases from date of enrollment through August 31, 2017.

After reaching your qualifying spend, you’ll enjoy AAdvantage® Gold status — with exceptional benefits like upgrades, complimentary Preferred Seats and much more — through January 2018.†
Now -that- one doesn't ring a bell off-hand (Gold comp via credit card spend alone.) Anyone else recall such an offer?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Now -that- one doesn't ring a bell off-hand (Gold comp via credit card spend alone.) Anyone else recall such an offer?
It's an interesting precedent, but $15K in 3 months is a pretty big chunk to spend, even for the MS crowd; and the payoff, 5 months of bottom tier, is fairly minimal.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by swag
It's an interesting precedent, but $15K in 3 months is a pretty big chunk to spend, even for the MS crowd; and the payoff, 5 months of bottom tier, is fairly minimal.
Agree 100% on all counts.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Beckles
G
My offer to keep Platinum longer:

Keep status longer
To extend your elite benefits through January 31, 2019, earn $5,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on American or other airlines for travel between the date you register and September 22, 2017.**

Pfft ... I have 28 paid segments on Delta this year and $3,664 MQD, and that's buying first class on about half my trips.
So... $1000 off the calendar year EQD requirement? Offered in the middle of the year? How is this a promotion?

Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Spending $15,000 on a 1% cash back card would be $150 and $300 at 2% or $450 at 3%. How much is Gold on AA worth? And for how much as AA sold status around the end of the year?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by knit-in
So... $1000 off the calendar year EQD requirement? Offered in the middle of the year? How is this a promotion?

I got the same offer upthread. Extremely low odds of me meeting this "challenge". They would have been better off giving me a XX,XXX EQM + XXXX EQD promotion which at least would have been interesting.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by knit-in

And do it all by 22 September of this year !
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by george 3
Please alert me when there is a promotion for CK "Reach Status Faster"
easy, start spending a lot of money. This means buying those fares that earn 300% EQM 😉
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
A friend of mine received a somewhat similar offer through her employer. Though it wasn't comped status, it was more like a status challenge (plat pro through 1/30/17 if 20k EQMs and $3k EQDs in the next 90 days). She has a few international J flights booked in the next 90 days on AA metal so it shouldn't be difficult for her to meet the threshold.

However, in the fine print it says "bonus EQMs do not count towards elite status qualification." I'm assuming this means EQMs through credit card spend on the Barclays and Citi cards but is it possible this restriction also includes the 2x/3x EQMs on paid J and F tickets?

Go Gators
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Free Gold status offer (Targeted)

A family member got an invitation for free gold status on American:

aa.com/getgold (need promotion code from flyer)

Modest flying last year, maybe 3 or 4 trips on AA, had offer to buy up to Gold earlier this year and now this card in the mail after booking the first trip of the year on American. Or was it because of the recent AS sign-up and having that # in the reservation?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...tus-offer.html
Old Jun 12, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Thanks, I searched for Gold offer and nothing came up. Moderator, please merge.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:01 pm

My wife had 0 EQM/0 EQM, but two trips booked. She was gifted PLT (and already cleared a PHL-LAX flight).

I had 18k EQM/$2k EQD and was offered gold through credit card spend alone ($6k by Aug 31).

Step 2. Use your Citi® / AAdvantage® card(s) to spend a net of $6,000 in purchases from date of enrollment through August 31, 2017.
My wife says I'm jealous (and she ain't lying).
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SW A-List Pref, Marriott/SPG Gold, Uber
Originally Posted by Centurion
No cost targeted fast track offer to non corporate employee received today. Target person has zero aa miles flown this year..

Reach American Airlines AAdvantage® elite status faster.

Earn the required Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) between the date you register and September 22, 2017, and you'll receive status through January 2019.
Elite status level EQMs needed EQDs needed
Gold 25,000 7,000 $3,000 $1,000
Platinum 50,000 12,500 $6,000 $2,000
Platinum Pro 75,000 20,000 $9,000 $3,000
Executive Platinum 100,000 35,000 $12,000 $4,000
What's the code?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.