Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BCN / Barcelona El Prat Int'l. Airport oneworld Lounge Access (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2015, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Barcelona El Prat International Airport
Sala Joan Miró

Terminal 1 (non-Schengen)

Link to BCN airport information on aa.com
Link to BCN airport website

LOCATION: Terminal 1, non-Schengen departures after security, turn left towards Gates D (even if you are departing from Gates E; they are connected airside). Clear Passport Control then proceed thru the store. Take the first set of stairs or elevator in front of McDonalds down and turn left to enter the VIP lounge. SEE NOTES.

HOURS: Normally 06:00 - 23:30; please see here for current information, hours.

AMENITIES:
  • WiFi (first 15 minutes free)
  • Beverages and snacks
  • Television
  • Showers 10 euro

NOTES: This lounge is located in the non-Schengen area. Wi-Fi is only free for the first 15 minutes; phone, fax and shower towel hire incur fees.[/quote]

Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible (departing to intercontinental, non-Schengen, country) customers when travelling on: American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian

Accepts Priority Pass, Diners, Airport Angel

Older thread about BCN lounge access here.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 1:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

BCN / Barcelona El Prat International Airport oneworld Lounge Access - AENA Sala Joan Miró

Last edited by JDiver; May 14, 2015 at 7:47 am Reason: Update
Old May 10, 2015, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

New thread, no recent information. Yet.

Last edited by JDiver; May 10, 2015 at 5:51 pm
Old May 13, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM AC; UA Silver; Hyatt Globalist; Honors Diamond; Bonvoy LT TTM
Does anyone know if the lounge situation in BCN has improved any? I arrive this week on AA, and I have three hours before a Vueling flight, so it would be nice to take a shower if available.
Old May 13, 2015, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bcm0830
Does anyone know if the lounge situation in BCN has improved any? I arrive this week on AA, and I have three hours before a Vueling flight, so it would be nice to take a shower if available.
We've moved your query to the current BCN / Barcelona El Pratt lounges thread (easy access Frim the AA Lounge Dashboard sticky).

There are showers (towels must be rented); you get so-so WiFi access via a ticket for fifteen minutes.
Old May 13, 2015, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I am wondering if the main terminal lounge might be better than this mess. When I was there on April 30, so nice passenger had their toddlers running around making noise, including high pitched screeching. I told the front desk people about it, but they did nothing.

I also guess I am spoiled by the free wifi I've had from every other business lounge I have used while an AA Elite.
Old May 14, 2015, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mvoight
I am wondering if the main terminal lounge might be better than this mess. When I was there on April 30, so nice passenger had their toddlers running around making noise, including high pitched screeching. I told the front desk people about it, but they did nothing.

I also guess I am spoiled by the free wifi I've had from every other business lounge I have used while an AA Elite.
I'm not familiar with that lounge nor its access requirements. But the Joan Miró lounge is certainly underwhelming, and it's the only one open to AA / US flyers; there is no oneworld lounge at BCN. (I'm not sure I've ever been blown away by anything AENA had its hands in. )

Last edited by JDiver; May 14, 2015 at 7:52 am
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Currently in lounge. Seating for 100+ and two people here. A few cold cuts and pastries for breakfast but not a great spread. No lounge specific wifi. Just airport. You have to watch a 2 minute ad to log-on and wifi struggles connect with mobiles.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:51 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Come during Mobile World Congress to see just how full that lounge can get. I also found wifi at BCN to be atrocious (though again I was there during MWC so...).
Old May 27, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Wow surprised so few posts re this lounge. Return from BCN in a few weeks, flying J. Sounds like lounge situation is grim. No wifi, geez.
Old May 27, 2017, 11:22 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by oysterhead43
No wifi, geez.
There is an airport wi-fi, that works after 'choosing' a sponsor and watching their ad.
Old May 28, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Yeah... We were there a year ago and it was unimpressive. We too experienced kids running around as well with no parent(s) in chase.

We're heading back to BCN in Sept and we've already decided that this time we'll explore the airport shopping scene this time. Last time we were ending a three week cruise and already had too much "stuff" in tote so no shopping was even on our minds. Just wanted a quiet spot to relax before trekking over to London then SFO.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: UA 1K
Visited this lounge this morning before BCN-JFK on AA and found it to be more than adequate. I was expecting a dump after reading this thread - but found comfortable and clean seating, good views of terminal, decent snack selection and good drink selection.

I was pleasantly surprised. Oh, and they even have a "rest" area that is dark with chaise chairs/beds.

One thing to note: there is passport control BEFORE the gate (AFTER the lounge, which is a 15 min walk to the far AA gate). The line today wasn't short and the officers were not moving quickly. Had we cut it too close, it might have caused a panic.

Last edited by oysterhead43; Jun 14, 2017 at 10:01 am
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
I also took interest in this thread with so little posting activity. My wife and I were there, admittedly a number of years ago, and we found it to be quite neat, clean and with (our opinion) quite nice food and beverage options. The only thing that I did not like about the airport (slightly off-topic) was that you could not go back into the arrivals area that had the really great soccer kit stores.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
My wife and I were also in this lounge for about two hours in August 2015. We thought everything was fine and we welcomed the opportunity to relax in this environment instead of the gate.

Based on this thread we were not expecting to be pleased with the lounge, but we were.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I was in the lounge mid-May 2017 and found it to be a mob scene. There was no place to sit - many standing - and the food and drink was gobbled up as soon as it was put out.

Flying AA in J - took about 1 hour to get through immigration, after security. Security wasn't bad, but immigration was very long lines. No fast track. On the 3:30pm to ORD, so a later flight but airport is packed on a Sunday - full of cruise ship passengers departing.

I looked at AA.com before going to the airport and knew where the lounge was. But it did not list AA or OneWorld on the very extensive sign of eligible airlines. But they do take AA. Then after I went to gate E section. AA changed the gate to D section.

This airport is a mess. Arrive 4 hours before departure.

To add - check in experience was not good. I went to the Business check in for AA and they had just closed it. This is 3 hours before flight time. So I was directed to use the coach check in. The agent did to speak English very well and was hard to understand. AA has a number of flights from BCN - but I think everyone is a contract employee.

Last edited by cova; Jun 15, 2017 at 7:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.