Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide: SCL / Santiago Chile Admirals Club & LATAM VIP Lounge

Old May 1, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
SCL - Aeropuerto Internacional Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez de Santiago de Chile

NOTE: The SCL / Santiago de Chile Admirals Club will close as of 1 May 2019.

Link to SCL airport information on aa.com

Link to SCL website (English)

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

International Building Admirals Club

Location: International Building, after security on the left, across from gate 19

Access: Business Class, First Class, Sapphire Tier or Emerald Tier departing on any oneworld airline

Hours: Please see here for current hours

N.B. Not valid for arriving passengers. Transit passengers must have valid same-day ticket for departure permitting access through security.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Showers
  • Childrens room
LATAM VIP Lounge yclept Neruda Lounge

Location: International Building, after security, 4th floor, near Gates 14/15 (opened 28 March 2015).

Access: Business Class, First Class, Sapphire Tier or Emerald Tier departing on any oneworld airline; departing Admirals Club members.

Hours: Daily: 03:00-01:00 but please see here for current hours.

Notes: LATAM Airlines Group's latest joint VIP lounge, the newest and largest lounge in South America, opened on 25th March 2015. The lounge has direct access from the LAN and TAM preferential check-in area. Features include restful and relaxing spaces, individual restrooms, showers, laundry pressing and shoe-shining services, a sleeping room, chaise lounge chairs for rest and relaxation, a business center, individual power outlets, unlimited wi-fi, entertainment and videogame zone, unique culinary offerings and an excellent selection of regional wines and award-winning champagne.
Link to archived thread with previous posts (2006-May 2010)

The current thread may be accessed here.

[/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Guide: SCL / Santiago Chile Admirals Club & LATAM VIP Lounge

Old Jun 9, 2017, 12:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The master thread for the SCL Admirals Club is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html. Please continue discussion of the SCL Club or ask your questions about it there. (Yes, it has showers.)

/Moderator
Old Jun 9, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Yes, if you are traveling EZE-SCL-MIA on LAN and you are flying in Business OR you have OW Emerald or OW Sapphire status on any carrier, then you can use the Admirals Club while you are connecting at SCL.

You might find the LATAM lounge preferable, but I personally am a fan of the AC and I know the staff there.
You can also use the SCL AC if you're a member, of course.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
While the SCL AC definitely does have a shower (two, I believe IIRC) the LATAM Lounge has much nicer (and many more) showers.

Visiting the SCL AC always feels like stepping back in time. I don't think the place has been remodeled since the 1990s, or maybe even earlier.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
While the SCL AC definitely does have a shower (two, I believe IIRC) the LATAM Lounge has much nicer (and many more) showers.

Visiting the SCL AC always feels like stepping back in time. I don't think the place has been remodeled since the 1990s, or maybe even earlier.

-FlyerBeek
Try MEX for some serious deja vu.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Try MEX for some serious deja vu.
True, but their margaritas will help you get over the time warp!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

-FlyerBeek
Yea it reminds me of the Golden Girls set 😂
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Any clue what is so special about SCL that both AA and DL havr their own lounges?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Any clue what is so special about SCL that both AA and DL havr their own lounges?
Local expectations.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by millionmiler
Local expectations.
Can be said of most major cities. Is there some special demand that requires it. Outside of NRT it's the only non-US DL SC, and one of a very few if YYZ ever reopens for AA AC.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Can be said of most major cities. Is there some special demand that requires it. Outside of NRT it's the only non-US DL SC, and one of a very few if YYZ ever reopens for AA AC.
Yes. The local premium market demands it.

Not sure if you have ever been to Santiago. I have spent extensive and extended time there. I don't know DL's lounge philosophy but their location there is not at all a surprise.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I love Santiago and Chile in general....must visit for anyone that hasn't been yet.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
AA J Flyer, No Status

I'm flying out of SCL, AA J, no status otherwise with AA. Amex Plat/PP holder. According to what I have read in this somewhat dated thread, the LATAM lounge is available to me, as well as the AC. Is LATAM still the best choice, and preferable to other lounges available to a Plat holder?

Many thanks for your informed insights!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 747FC
I'm flying out of SCL, AA J, no status otherwise with AA. Amex Plat/PP holder. According to what I have read in this somewhat dated thread, the LATAM lounge is available to me, as well as the AC. Is LATAM still the best choice, and preferable to other lounges available to a Plat holder?

Yes, hands down.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by 747FC

Absolutely, there is no comparison. the LATAM Sala VIP is LATAM's largest in its network and has many amenities you won't find in the other clubs.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by dkc192
Yes, hands down.
Originally Posted by zpaul
Absolutely, there is no comparison. the LATAM Sala VIP is LATAM's largest in its network and has many amenities you won't find in the other clubs.
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.