Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

JFK / Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourse B / Gate B12 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Old May 3, 2015, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jiburi
JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse B Flagship Lounge
Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 8 Concourse B Admirals Cub
Link to JFK Flagship Dining reviews thread.

Link to aa.com information for JFK.

Link to JFK website.

LOCATION: Airside beyond the Security checkpoint, Mezzanine level. Request proximity card from agent for access.

NOTE: The renovated Lounge has now reopened as the "Flagship Lounge" (having temporarily operated as "International First Class Lounge"). See below for detailed access rules. Qualifying oneworld First Class and Business Class flyers and Emerald and Sapphire members bring one guest to the Flagship Lounge.

Only qualifying AA Flagship First flyers have access to Flagship First Dining. One guest permitted for international flyers, no guest for transcon flyers.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Flat screen TVs
    • Private shower suites (shared with adjacent Admirals Club)
      • Premium liquor, beer and wine
        • Meal service throughout the day
          • Computers with Internet access

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)
FULL Flagship First Dining ACCESS RULES (Link)

Complimentary access to the Flagship Lounge is offered if you are:
  • Traveling First Class or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international* segment
    • Traveling First Class or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, MIA-LAX in either direction). Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment
      • An American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro or Platinum customer departing on or connecting to or from an international* flight, operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline, regardless of cabin flown (as long as the next onward segment is also operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline)
        • A oneworld First Class or Business Class international* customer departing on or connecting to or from a oneworld marketed and operated flight (as long as the next onward segment is also operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline)
          • A oneworld Emerald or Sapphire elite customer** (whose Emerald or Sapphire status does not come from AA) departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary

Complimentary access to Flagship First Dining is only offered if you are:
  • Traveling Flagship First on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. You are permitted one guest. Access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international* segment in Flagship First.
    • Traveling Flagship First on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, MIA-LAX in either direction). No guests permitted. Access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment in Flagship First

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from this benefit

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald/Platinum Pro/Platinum/Sapphire customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access

Links to other JFK Lounges threads:

JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse B by Gate 12 Admirals Club

JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse C Gate C-42 Admirals Club

List of airlines using JFK Terminal 8:
airberlin
American Airlines / American Eagle
Cathay Pacific
Finnair
LAN / TAM
Qatar Airways

Eligible departing oneworld passengers may access the Admirals Clubs or Flagship Lounges, as listed above.

List of oneworld airlines using JFK Terminal 7:
Alaska
British Airways
Iberia
Qantas
Departing eligible oneworld Emerald and First Class passengers may access:

British Airways First Lounge
LOCATION: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departures security
HOURS: Daily: 05:00-22:00
NOTE: Access to First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class

Departing oneworld Sapphires and Business Class passengers may access:

British Airways Galleries Lounge
LOCATION:: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departures security
HOURS: Daily: 05:00-22:00

Alaska Lounge

LOCATION: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departure security
HOURS: 05:00-20:00

List of AA partner airlines using JFK Terminal 4:
El Al
Etihad Airways

List of AA / oneworld airlines using JFK Terminal 1:
Japan Airlines Departing eligible passengers flying on Japan Airlines may access:

Air France Lounge
HOURS: Daily: 06:00-02:00
NOTE: The lounge is arranged over two levels. The second floor is exclusively for the use of First Class customers, JML, JGP and oneworld Emerald members. Eligible customers will be directed to the second floor by staff at reception.
Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: Japan Airlines

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com

Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)

Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity

Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity

Older posts are archived to: ARCHIVE: JFK / New York John F. Kennedy T8 Flagship Lounge / FL (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

JFK / Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourse B / Gate B12 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Old May 25, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by 355F1
The email I got today seems to imply that I will get access to the Flahship Dining on any international itinerary due to my EXP--which always allows me into the Quantas First Class lounge @ LAX, which has the best food options in the US.

Some of the posts in this thread seem to say that status won't get me in....

I guess we will know as soon as someone tries it!

i don't fly throUgh JFK until August.
First paragraph, second sentence, begins "when you're flying in flagship first"
Old May 25, 2017, 3:12 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
With extended access to JFK Flagship lounge now in place, it will be interesting to see if overcrowding is happening. Some posts here noting this issue might be nice!
Old May 25, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Now the dining section, unlike the Flagship lounge, looks quite nice. Nice floor and table furnishings, that gives the appearance of a classy and upscale environment.

I am, however, wondering where the tablecloths are, as the pictures had advertised. Perhaps those, and the wall sized glass wine racks, are planned for the all-new locations/spaces that will be larger, like MIA or ORD. However, the wood divider between the bar and seated table areas would have been a nice area for this. And the wall by the booths is way too empty. Im assuming that there are some styling finishes that they just haven't put in yet, as it has been noted in numerous sources that the space isn't quite finished yet.

Last edited by GotCalcio4; May 25, 2017 at 3:48 pm
Old May 25, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Just updated Wiki:

Removed US Airways from T8 list and moved Cathay Pacific from T7 list to T8 list.
Old May 25, 2017, 4:40 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by jay_dubya
First paragraph, second sentence, begins "when you're flying in flagship first"
Ahh.....so kinda like the Concorde Room when flying BA.

So am I better off going to the BA FIrst Lounge @ JFK before my J flight in Iberia to Madrid?

Or are there any other OW FC Lounges that will offer food on par with the Qantas FC lounge at LAX I always go to?

(I never connect on the East Coast and have ever flown through JFK.)
Old May 25, 2017, 4:52 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Ahh.....so kinda like the Concorde Room when flying BA.
No, Flagship First Dining is more like Concorde Dining when flying BA. You'll have access to Flagship lounge if you so desire.

So am I better off going to the BA First Lounge @ JFK before my J flight in Iberia to Madrid?
Since BA and IB are in T7, yes. If you are connecting from AA which will arrive into T8, then you could check out the Flagship lounge before exiting security and heading to T7 if you have enough time. You may be one of the first to actually be able to provide a useful comparison since the JFK Flagship lounge just opened today.

Last edited by aaupgrade; May 25, 2017 at 5:11 pm
Old May 25, 2017, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Fraser
I'm in here at the moment and just got a tour of the Flagship Dining. It looks as though it's all ready bar minor cleanup. The micro site is a very accurate depiction of it.

I spoke with the manager, Nick and he explained a few interesting things.

The food from the Flagship Dining can be ordered by all in the main part of the lounge. This includes the signature burger. The drink selection out on the bar looked the same as outside. There is seating for 55 passengers. Should be open by the end of the month.
Is there any update on this?

Will there continue to be a buffet in addition? If so, how's the food these days?
Old May 25, 2017, 8:30 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aaupgrade
No, Flagship First Dining is more like Concorde Dining when flying BA. You'll have access to Flagship lounge if you so desire.

Since BA and IB are in T7, yes. If you are connecting from AA which will arrive into T8, then you could check out the Flagship lounge before exiting security and heading to T7 if you have enough time. You may be one of the first to actually be able to provide a useful comparison since the JFK Flagship lounge just opened today.
I am actually flying PHX-JFK on DL, then on a separate AA award ticket JFK-MAD on IB in J. You know AA ain't gonna release any seats at Saver Level on that domestic leg!!!!

I'm not flying until August, btw. I'm sure many will be in there before myself.

So is the BA Galleries First Lounge my best option @ JFK? I have a 6-hr layover and will be hungry!
Old May 25, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
So is the BA Galleries First Lounge my best option @ JFK? I have a 6-hr layover and will be hungry!
And you'll stay hungry.

The BA First Lounge at JFK is a joke. A few sandwiches and some dips. And it will likely be 110 degrees.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
Just a note for everyone: the rules for Flagship Dining are different than the lounge access. You must be holding a First Class ticket for an American international flight (or connecting to one the same day) or a First Class ticket on an American 3-class transcon flight to get access.

International itineraries mean you get to bring a guest, transcon itineraries do not include a guest.

Status doesn't matter either way.

Now here are some pictures I took during a media preview. The food was superb and the cocktails were great too.
That all looks really solid! That said as this was a media preview event you can be assured that management was watching closely and ensuring that what went out looked picturesque. It will be interesting to see how the quality stands up once they are open for real, given the number of pax in JFK that would have access to the dining area is rather small compared to the number that will have FL access I'd hope they try to keep things close to what they showed the media but time will tell.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:25 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by justforfun
And you'll stay hungry.

The BA First Lounge at JFK is a joke. A few sandwiches and some dips. And it will likely be 110 degrees.
Yikes....

So you're telling me the best OW option for my layover @ JFK will be the AA Flagship Lounge then?
Old May 26, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Yikes....

So you're telling me the best OW option for my layover @ JFK will be the AA Flagship Lounge then?
yes it's by far you're best option
Old May 26, 2017, 12:54 am

And you'll stay hungry.

For info, the BA lounges at JFK are due a complete revamp in 2018. However probably not in time for OP's flight in August.

http://mediacentre.britishairways.co...86/News-1/8468

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ent-plans.html
Old May 26, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ryan182
That all looks really solid! That said as this was a media preview event you can be assured that management was watching closely and ensuring that what went out looked picturesque. It will be interesting to see how the quality stands up once they are open for real, given the number of pax in JFK that would have access to the dining area is rather small compared to the number that will have FL access I'd hope they try to keep things close to what they showed the media but time will tell.
Agreed. After my visit on Wednesday, I was really
impressed. The food was delicious and a huge step up from past offerings. And there's a noticeable increase in staff; an attendant was constantly refreshing the buffet, and five minutes wouldn't go by without a server offering drinks or clearing away dishware/glassware. So far, very pleased, and let's hope there aren't any capacity issues.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Yikes....

Originally Posted by ryan182
yes it's by far you're best option
The BA F lounge is not that bad in terms of a quiet place to relax before a flight, although the food offerings are pretty meager. But you can pop into the J lounge next door, which is larger and sometimes has additional options.

I don't know the rules for pre-flight dining, located in the back of the BA J lounge. That might be an option as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.