Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

JFK / Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourse B / Gate B12 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Old May 3, 2015, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jiburi
JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse B Flagship Lounge
Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 8 Concourse B Admirals Cub
Link to JFK Flagship Dining reviews thread.

Link to aa.com information for JFK.

Link to JFK website.

LOCATION: Airside beyond the Security checkpoint, Mezzanine level. Request proximity card from agent for access.

NOTE: The renovated Lounge has now reopened as the "Flagship Lounge" (having temporarily operated as "International First Class Lounge"). See below for detailed access rules. Qualifying oneworld First Class and Business Class flyers and Emerald and Sapphire members bring one guest to the Flagship Lounge.

Only qualifying AA Flagship First flyers have access to Flagship First Dining. One guest permitted for international flyers, no guest for transcon flyers.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Flat screen TVs
    • Private shower suites (shared with adjacent Admirals Club)
      • Premium liquor, beer and wine
        • Meal service throughout the day
          • Computers with Internet access

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)
FULL Flagship First Dining ACCESS RULES (Link)

Complimentary access to the Flagship Lounge is offered if you are:
  • Traveling First Class or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international* segment
    • Traveling First Class or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, MIA-LAX in either direction). Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment
      • An American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro or Platinum customer departing on or connecting to or from an international* flight, operated and marketed by a oneworld airline, regardless of cabin flown (as long as the next onward segment is also operated and marketed by a oneworld airline)
        • A oneworld First Class or Business Class international* customer departing on or connecting to or from a oneworld marketed and operated flight (as long as the next onward segment is also operated and marketed by a oneworld airline)
          • A oneworld Emerald or Sapphire elite customer** (whose Emerald or Sapphire status does not come from AA) departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary

Complimentary access to Flagship First Dining is only offered if you are:
  • Traveling Flagship First on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. You are permitted one guest. Access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international* segment in Flagship First.
    • Traveling Flagship First on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, MIA-LAX in either direction). No guests permitted. Access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment in Flagship First

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from this benefit

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald/Platinum Pro/Platinum/Sapphire customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access

Links to other JFK Lounges threads:

JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse B by Gate 12 Admirals Club

JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse C Gate C-42 Admirals Club

List of airlines using JFK Terminal 8:
airberlin
American Airlines / American Eagle
Cathay Pacific
Finnair
LAN / TAM
Qatar Airways

Eligible departing oneworld passengers may access the Admirals Clubs or Flagship Lounges, as listed above.

List of oneworld airlines using JFK Terminal 7:
Alaska
British Airways
Iberia
Qantas
Departing eligible oneworld Emerald and First Class passengers may access:

British Airways First Lounge
LOCATION: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departures security
HOURS: Daily: 05:00-22:00
NOTE: Access to First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class

Departing oneworld Sapphires and Business Class passengers may access:

British Airways Galleries Lounge
LOCATION:: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departures security
HOURS: Daily: 05:00-22:00

Alaska Lounge

LOCATION: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departure security
HOURS: 05:00-20:00

List of AA partner airlines using JFK Terminal 4:
El Al
Etihad Airways

List of AA / oneworld airlines using JFK Terminal 1:
Japan Airlines Departing eligible passengers flying on Japan Airlines may access:

Air France Lounge
HOURS: Daily: 06:00-02:00
NOTE: The lounge is arranged over two levels. The second floor is exclusively for the use of First Class customers, JML, JGP and oneworld Emerald members. Eligible customers will be directed to the second floor by staff at reception.
Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: Japan Airlines

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com

Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)

Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity

Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity

Older posts are archived to: ARCHIVE: JFK / New York John F. Kennedy T8 Flagship Lounge / FL (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

JFK / Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourse B / Gate B12 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Old May 10, 2017, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
There's a Flagship First Dining pop up event in SoHo tonight (AA posted about it on Instagram). Did anyone get invited? I didn't and don't understand the purpose of these events if you're not wanting your top customers to see and experience it. I doubt all of the people at the event are buying Intl long haul First Class tickets on AA.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
There's a Flagship First Dining pop up event in SoHo tonight (AA posted about it on Instagram). Did anyone get invited? I didn't and don't understand the purpose of these events if you're not wanting your top customers to see and experience it. I doubt all of the people at the event are buying Intl long haul First Class tickets on AA.
I was wondering the same thing. Bloggers, travel writers, yes, totally makes sense. But who else is invited? Presumably CK?
Old May 10, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by jcatman
Only had 45 minutes between flights at 7:30am, so chose to use the shower facilities instead of eating. The shower rooms are nice. No key to obtain; you just walk into an available shower room and lock the door behind you. Very upscale in appearance. A HUGE improvement.

The main lounge room is modern, airy and stylish. Loved the center wine bar, and it's design actually encourages conversation with fellow travelers as you pour your selection. Sucked down some champagne and was out the door. Hope to return soon.
Sums up my visit about a month ago, very nice. It made me want to connect through JFK more often. I found the shower situation interesting and welcomed since waiting to get a key can be annoying sometimes but not sure what happens if they are all full....presuming they start a list?
Old May 11, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Dude
I popped in yesterday and noticed the hot options were available once again.
I've been in the new FL about half a dozen times now but can't recognise exactly where this new station is...

The wooden wall in the back looks a bit like the one that would be on your right when you walk from the entrance towards the toilets/showerrooms, but the FIDS screen arrangement doesn't match.
Old May 15, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Fraser
I've been in the new FL about half a dozen times now but can't recognise exactly where this new station is...

The wooden wall in the back looks a bit like the one that would be on your right when you walk from the entrance towards the toilets/showerrooms, but the FIDS screen arrangement doesn't match.
I think they took down (part of) the wall that was previously blocking the construction area. If you face where the old (temporary) buffet was, I think you would now see a larger area with the photo we're trying to place.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:23 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

Originally Posted by SJC AA
I think they took down (part of) the wall that was previously blocking the construction area. If you face where the old (temporary) buffet was, I think you would now see a larger area with the photo we're trying to place.
Ditto...I'm having a hard time picturing where this area is post-construction. But it looks quite nice!
Old May 15, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I'm in here at the moment and just got a tour of the Flagship Dining. It looks as though it's all ready bar minor cleanup. The micro site is a very accurate depiction of it.

I spoke with the manager, Nick and he explained a few interesting things.

The food from the Flagship Dining can be ordered by all in the main part of the lounge. This includes the signature burger. The drink selection out on the bar looked the same as outside. There is seating for 55 passengers. Should be open by the end of the month.

The photo above does depict the replacement for the buffet of before. The entrance is slightly changed from before with some new seating, more floor space and a few things have moved. The Old Fashioned station is now where a water station was at the far end of the centre dining part of the lounge for example.

Here's a slightly set back photo of the new buffet. You can see the additional area and new location for welcome desks in the right hand corner.

Last edited by Fraser; May 16, 2017 at 8:01 am
Old May 15, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I was in the FL lounge on Thurs May 11. The new food bar island is very nice with a larger food selection. Food available from both sides - so you walk around the food island.

The new space has standard height tables (like FS dining at DFW) for eating and there is a new high top table (bar) with power outlets that seat about 16 people. Overall the lounge is nicer and roomier.

The FL dining is yet to come.
Old May 15, 2017, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
The food from the Flagship Dining can be ordered by all in the main part of the lounge.
Really?! This is huge. Means not having access to FL Dining is really not a big deal.

Did the manager mention when the wifi will be back up to acceptable speeds?
Old May 16, 2017, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by justforfun
Really?! This is huge. Means not having access to FL Dining is really not a big deal.

Did the manager mention when the wifi will be back up to acceptable speeds?
That's what he said! Was news to me too.

I didnt ask ask about the wifi....I don't know why the FL is such a deadzone for not only wifi but cell service too. I have T-Mobile and Verizon and neither gets anything remotely decent, but as soon as I leave the lounge it's fine! One of the few places in the world to get away
Old May 16, 2017, 6:35 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Not sure what was going on but for CX845 (130 AM) all pax (j/f/status) were being directed to the IFCL as the AC was closed and appeared to have some construction going on. Was too tired and forgot to ask what exactly was going.

That being said, I worry about how full the lounge will be when all international f/j flights are using it, not just a flight or two!
Old May 17, 2017, 6:28 am

Picture of Flagship Dining area

Managed to take a picture of the new Flagship Dining area, which is supposed to open next week.
Attached Images  
Old May 17, 2017, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Meilensammler
Managed to take a picture of the new Flagship Dining area, which is supposed to open next week.
Was the paper still up on the door ways as it was on Monday? As mentioned upthread I did manage to a tour of it and get a proper look in but was told I couldn't take any pictures. The lounge manager told me they hoped to have it open by the end of the month.
Old May 17, 2017, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Meilensammler
do you know when will they allow international J passengers to access the lounge? I will be traveling next Saturday and would be pumped to visit it!
Old May 17, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
I'm a little bit... whelmed by the pictures of the Dining area. It looks nothing like the renderings did, and hopefully this is a result of it not being finished yet. While I like the flooring, which is much nicer than the rest of the lounge, I expecting to see tablecloths and the wine bottle walls that were all over the press release renderings released last year for both the Flagship lounges and the Flagship Dining areas.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.