Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

First trip on US operated flight as an EXP. Thank goodness for JetBlue....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First trip on US operated flight as an EXP. Thank goodness for JetBlue....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
I was doing LIT-CLT-LGA last Thursday on US. Checked in at T-24 and snagged F upg on both. 5 minutes later got a robocall saying LIT-CLT cancelled. Called EXP desk and xfer over the CP desk. While talking with them checked and saw I was already switched to AA flight later in day LIT-ORD-LGA and upgraded. Since I wanted an earlier combo, called EXP desk and they switched me to an earlier bank. Both got upgraded (seg 1 almost immediately, seg 2, next AM).

Worked like a charm.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, Bonvoy Titanium
To the OP, I too was at RSW on 3/1. Trying to get back to NYC was not going to happen.

Everything was a mess. CLT, PHL, DFW and ORD had tons of cancellations. As did Delta at ATL (which I asked them to look at putting us on - no seats either). We even asked about driving up to TPA, MCO, PBI, FLL, or MIA. No seats for 2 days. Who would have thought...and at peak season, too!

We ended up getting out Tuesday am 3/3. Not ideal, but thankfully both of our schedules had flexibility. And the check in agent was an absolute angel working through all the options. Got us both in F for our flights home today.

For me, its always about having a positive attitude when dealing w/ airline employees. Too many customers/passengers get nasty (aka my dad). But I've always found a little patience and a smile goes a long way.

And FWIW, when I asked about any options on JetBlue, the US rep told me that JetBlue is not part of IATA, and therefore does not honor any other airlines passengers - and vice versa. If anything, I see that as a negative, since you are really limiting your options by staying locked to only one airline during IRROPS.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by loosecanyn
And FWIW, when I asked about any options on JetBlue, the US rep told me that JetBlue is not part of IATA, and therefore does not honor any other airlines passengers - and vice versa. If anything, I see that as a negative, since you are really limiting your options by staying locked to only one airline during IRROPS.
This is a complete lie. I've had AA place me on B6 many times in the past during IRROPS.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
This is a complete lie. I've had AA place me on B6 many times in the past during IRROPS.
While the agent mis-spoke, B6 and AA/US no longer have an interline agreement. They can no longer re-accommodate passengers on each other.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.