Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade List [not showing up on AA app]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:05 am

For Android on the upgraded App, if you're clicking "Upgrades" and seeing the "Upgrade Requested" message, what you actually need to do is click back and then instead of clicking "Upgrades" swipe that section up and click "Upgrade List". Then you should see it.

Not sure if that's your issue but that was causing me trouble earlier this week until I saw that I could swipe up that menu bar.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:03 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by crazcarl
For Android on the upgraded App, if you're clicking "Upgrades" and seeing the "Upgrade Requested" message, what you actually need to do is click back and then instead of clicking "Upgrades" swipe that section up and click "Upgrade List". Then you should see it.
Thank you. I'll try that for the return. That just might be the only touch/swipe I didn't try.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I used to be able to see the upgrade list for any flight by using flight status. Today I wanted to check an earlier flight to see how many were on the list as compared to open F seats. The app would only show me the upgrade list for my original flight.
iOS app still shows upgrade list for any flight, not just what you are booked on. Problem is that it randomly doesn't show for some flights and refreshing doesn't help. Very frustrating.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by crazcarl

Not sure if that's your issue but that was causing me trouble earlier this week until I saw that I could swipe up that menu bar.
What I learned today (since can't really work issues unless you are in 4 hr window) on my flight. This is for iOS.

- After the app UG all my flights were shown, was able to get boarding pass, change seats, but UG list did not pull up when looking at my flight for that day. Poked around couldn't find it, so used the flight search screen which did show UG list. No time to debug for a Monday morning surprise change to functionality.
- For return flight, with plenty of time to experiment and based on comments here I poked around a bit. Again res details all there. Swipe up, down, left, right no UG list.
- Then I notices at the top right corner it said 'log in'. Odd but ok, went with that. Once logged in I was able to get to the UG list.
- When to the detailed screen for my flight (i.e. the right arrow on the res) which shows my name and the specific flight's details. Swipped up on the annoying bar at the bottom, which reveals options for 'upgrade list', 'manage trip' and 'share trip'.
- That's not the end. Later when I went back in to check if I cleared. The little annoying bar at the bottom no longer had the 'upgrade list' choice showing.
- So I refreshed my res page (swipe down) multiple times until I finally got the 'upgrade list' choice again.

Having read most of the comments, I think this explains why people are experiencing different results.

1. Make sure you are actually logged in (seeing res does not mean you are logged in).
2. Go to detailed res page (second screen) and pull up the bottom menu
3. If it's not there refresh until it shows up.

Seems pretty obvious to me.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
No joy here.
Downloaded the updated ap yesterday.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
The app updated on my Android recently and I cannot see the upgrade list anymore.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:55 pm
Community Director Emerita

No success today.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last week it seemed to be randomly appearing and disappearing, from the same screen (flight status IIRC). I wasn't logging out/in or doing anything really. Definitely seemed like some sort of bug.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
A related question;

When the waitlist display is showing correctly, does it show folks using all types of intruments (i.e., SWU, 500 segment, miles/copay) or just the 500 mile?

When you checkin on the app, do you get the "you've been added to the airport list" if you just have a miles/copay request?

The new rule seems to be you can't have an upgrade request based on 500 miles segment and one based on miles/copay on the same segment (and they have removed me from the 500 segment list without telling me on a segment that had both).
Old Apr 28, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
If you're not the ticketed passenger who's on the waitlist, is there any way to still see the waitlist (other than looking at the screens at the gate)?

US Airways' mobile site showed the upgrade list to anyone 24 hours before a flight. AA seems to just show it only to people on the list, 4 hours before the flight. Hopefully I'm missing something, as knowing how long the upgrade list is sometimes helpful even if I'm not yet on the list (or on the flight).

Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Last week it seemed to be randomly appearing and disappearing, from the same screen (flight status IIRC). I wasn't logging out/in or doing anything really. Definitely seemed like some sort of bug.
iPhone app has always been like that - the list appears and disappears without any apparent reason. Refresh and it may appear or disappear.

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
If you're not the ticketed passenger who's on the waitlist, is there any way to still see the waitlist (other than looking at the screens at the gate)?

US Airways' mobile site showed the upgrade list to anyone 24 hours before a flight. AA seems to just show it only to people on the list, 4 hours before the flight. Hopefully I'm missing something, as knowing how long the upgrade list is sometimes helpful even if I'm not yet on the list (or on the flight).

Thanks.
AA app does not show standby if you are not on the list. Don't know if the list shows if you are on the list (I rarely fly standby).
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I could not see the UG list at all today (and I tried several times from T-4 to T-50 min) on my IPhone.
At T-45 minutes, though, I received my new BP, so it worked out well!
Old May 18, 2017, 8:06 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
This is the second flight in two weeks that does not show any upgrade list on aa.com or the AA app.

am I doing something wrong or missing it somewhere within the app?

The last east flight was PDX-PHX and I was #1 at the gate and cleared. But it never showed any UG list On the app.
Old May 30, 2017, 11:09 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
I haven't flown AA all year (until today) and had to come to this thread to figure out where the UG list is now located. I perhaps should've just not even looked, since I discovered I'm 10/11 (with 1 seat open) as a PLT for PHX-ATL. This was traditionally an easy route for upgrades under US and especially AA since it's barely over 1,500 miles and is essentially a waste of one "sticker." At least this reinforces my decision to stop flying AA, but I wish I could somehow cash out the four 500-mile upgrades I have available.
Old May 30, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: USair BA DL AA
Ever since AA updated the Android app it disappeared. You now have to click on the "boarding Pass" etc. thing on the bottom. It will slide up and show an option to see the upgrade list. I don't know they they made it more complicated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.