Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Airbus A321T / "32B" Transcon Best Business and First seats

Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
The A321T three class transcontinental version of the 32B (Airbus A321-200 with Sharklets wingtip devices) offers ten Flagship individual solo suites with fully flat beds, all with windows and aisle access. The suites are based on the Sicma Skylounge platform, similar to the Sicma Cirrus Business seats used in the 77W (777-300ER) having received shell treatments to make them instantly recognisable to international American flyers. The seat offers 75 pitch, 25 width, not measured for verification.

The front two seats are said to have roomier foot boxes, and are close to the Cuddle Cabin ventilated pet closets, and though they seem close to lav and galley, many do not note excessive noise due to the intervening space for exit doors. There are no best seats for couples; these are all solo suites separated by an aisle width at least.

Business Class offers ten pairs of B/E Aerospace Diamond Parallel seats, fully flat beds. The window seat passenger may be obstructed by the aisle passenger. Row 6 is close to lav and galley. Row 8 A and F have only one window. Row 10 is separated from Economy by the exit access ways.
Print Wikipost

Old May 3, 2014, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Any recommendations? We are a couple and will be on the red eye from LAX to JFK.

Thanks!
Old May 3, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ocean99
Any recommendations? We are a couple and will be on the red eye from LAX to JFK.

Thanks!
All seats are practically the same and they are all good for couples. I think the bulkeahd row, 6, has more legroom when in bed mode.
Old May 3, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: Alaska MVG Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Also, I believe the footwell is larger in the bulkhead row.
Old May 3, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
My preference

Was 3A, I wanted to avoid seats with limited window capacity, presumably next two up. In the end, however, with 15" monitor in my face most of flight there was little opportunity for wing-gazing.
BTW, when watching the new Redford film, FA(ratio of 1:1 with only 3 pax up front)mentioned they see Mr Redford on that flight(AA#3)about once a week. Forget about wing-gazing, then!
Old May 3, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM
Originally Posted by jake108
Was 3A, I wanted to avoid seats with limited window capacity, presumably next two up. In the end, however, with 15" monitor in my face most of flight there was little opportunity for wing-gazing.
BTW, when watching the new Redford film, FA(ratio of 1:1 with only 3 pax up front)mentioned they see Mr Redford on that flight(AA#3)about once a week. Forget about wing-gazing, then!
3A is not available to a business-class customer
Old May 3, 2014, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! My concern with the bulkhead seats is noise from the crew etc. in the galley - is that likely to be an issue on a red eye flight?
Old May 3, 2014, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks! My concern with the bulkhead seats is noise from the crew etc. in the galley - is that likely to be an issue on a red eye flight?
I had an issue with loud crew in row 6 on a daytime flight but not a redeye flight. I suppose it all depends on the crew.

For the first hour or so, row 6 will get a lot of commotion and shaking from the crew walking back and forth doing the meal service.

If you're a light sleeper, consider row 9 or 10.
Old May 3, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by beerup
3A seat is in First Class.

Rows 1 to 5 are First Class seats.
Rows 6 to 10 are Business Class seats.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
apologies

Originally Posted by beerup
Missed that part about BC-throw in a BXP-1 award as I did and sit up front!
Old May 4, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I use the amazing Bose headphones, bring my own eye mask from extra J or F kits, and pop an Zolpidem as soon as we hit 15k feet.... Never had a problem with this... Lol
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:05 pm

Best J seat on A321T?

Which J seat is considered the best on the A321T? Is the bulkhead row (6) good, or is it too close to the galley?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 3:06 pm

Well, seatguru, while not always perfect, seems to echo that sentiment. And with AA's propensity for thin curtains and, um, not always so subtle FAs, I'd probably think that they're on track with that one.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i dont like 6--the proximity to lav is in fact annoying.

i personally love 7/8/9. right in the middle of the cabin, far enough from galley, but also far up enough for me.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
6 is nice because it has a shelf on top of the PTVs where you can put stuff (including trays if you need to get up during meal service). 6 also has a foot well that seems to be wider but shorter than the other rows (could be good or bad depending on the passenger). But yes, it's near the lav and possibly chatty FAs. 6C is also sort of in the aisle (which is off-center in the galley/lav area) and is likely to get bumped at various times.

If you want a window view unobstructed by wing, choose row 6 or 7.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Hilton Gold
8A in business and 3A in first are my personal favs on this plane

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.