Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJU Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
SJU Lounge

All, I see that at SJU, there is a OneWorld lounge (https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SJU). However, in the fine print it says "Access for eligible customers traveling on these oneworld member airlines only." and Iberia is listed. Can someone confirm that they don't allow AA Emeralds/Admirals' Club members in here?

Thanks!
-Matt
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
All, I see that at SJU, there is a OneWorld lounge (https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SJU). However, in the fine print it says "Access for eligible customers traveling on these oneworld member airlines only." and Iberia is listed. Can someone confirm that they don't allow AA Emeralds/Admirals' Club members in here?

Thanks!
-Matt
This is a 3rd party lounge, you must be flying IB to access it.

So an EXP departing on IB would have access however no access if you're departing on AA.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Isn't this one of the two Lounges accessible through Prority Pass?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Isn't this one of the two Lounges accessible through Prority Pass?
As far as I know, at this time, the Lounge San Juan (two locations) is the only lounge in operation at SJU, and both locations can be accessed w/ Priority Pass.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 10:08 am

The Lounge is small and is typically very crowded. Sometimes the food is pretty decent,
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by nyc10036
As far as I know, at this time, the Lounge San Juan (two locations) is the only lounge in operation at SJU, and both locations can be accessed w/ Priority Pass.
OK, thanks-- one of these used to be the Avianca lounge, right? Never been to the other one.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
OK, thanks-- one of these used to be the Avianca lounge, right? Never been to the other one.
Not sure about Avianca.

This is a decent lounge though as long as you can find a seat -- there is a full open bar and there is usually hot food such as chicken and rice, lentil stew, etc.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Anyone been here lately? Anyone know which lounge is better for a 3hr sit (A or C)?
Old Oct 14, 2022, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Both of the airside lounges at SJU are operated by a third party (Global Lounge Network) and can be accessed with Priority Pass or other lounge network programs. Some airlines might also sponsor access for their premium passengers.

Concourse C lounge is more centralized and closer to the majority of the airlines (except JetBlue).
Concourse A lounge is close to the JetBlue gates, but not the others.

The lounge at concourse C is larger, but tends to be more crowded because it's closer to more gates. The food/drink offerings are identical at both locations. Neither one has much of a view of the tarmac. Last time I was there, most food/drink items (which are free) had to be served by staff because of Covid....not sure if those protocols are still in place. Self-serve was coffee/tea only.

Not sure I would want to be at either lounge for 3 straight hours....although the C lounge has some quiet nooks if it's not too crowded.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I've been on both lounges recently. Food and hard liquor is still being served by staff. The A lounge does have a small view of the tarmac. Another thing to point about the A lounge is that it does not have its own bathroom facilities, guest will have to exit and use the restrooms on the A terminal, a short 5-minute walk. The A lounge is certainly smaller overall.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 1:07 am

Anyone with recent experience with the SJU PP lounges? I'm trying to figure out if I should pay the $5pp to reserve spots on a Saturday around 11am. I'm flying out of Terminal C, so no sense in going to Terminal A since the lounge is smaller.
Old Jan 26, 2024, 5:52 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MisterBill
Anyone with recent experience with the SJU PP lounges? I'm trying to figure out if I should pay the $5pp to reserve spots on a Saturday around 11am. I'm flying out of Terminal C, so no sense in going to Terminal A since the lounge is smaller.
Recent reports say they're not accepting PP unless you have reserved a spot - however PP corporate is disputing this and is in talks with the lounge. There is a larger discussion in the r/PriorityPass subreddit.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by S80
Recent reports say they're not accepting PP unless you have reserved a spot - however PP corporate is disputing this and is in talks with the lounge. There is a larger discussion in the r/PriorityPass subreddit.
Thanks. Can you give me a pointer? I found one talking about problems at PUJ (Punta Cana, it was a new one to me) but don't see anything recent about San Juan.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I kind of miss the old SJU club....
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I kind of miss the old SJU club....
I pretty much grew up in the old SJU Admirals Club. I miss it, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.