Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

CDG / Paris de Gaulle Admirals Club & Cathay Pacific Lounges 2A-2C (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Paris Charles De GaulleAdmirals Club
Link to CDG airport information on aa.com
Link to CDG airport website (English version)
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

American Airlines Admirals Club
Location: Terminal 2 past security in connector for Terminals 2A and 2C, level 2, adjacent to the Cathay Pacific lounges. See map below. (As of 1 Aug 2013, the Admirals Club is no longer in the Terminal 2A Satellite terminal, Gates A37-A39).

Note: International arriving passengers must have a valid, same-day ticket for departure permitting access through Security. If you have a same day departing flight boarding pass, you may proceed back airside T 2A/C; otherwise you will be barred entry.

This lounge may not be used for arrivals. Arriving international passengers must pass through France / EU immigration and customs, proceeding landside.

Hours:
For current schedule, please see here.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Showers

Cathay Pacific First and Business Class LoungeClosed
Print Wikipost

CDG / Paris de Gaulle Admirals Club & Cathay Pacific Lounges 2A-2C (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
The CX Lounge.

Last edited by aztimm; Mar 8, 2017 at 6:26 pm Reason: removed link after merge
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The CX Lounge.
I disagree. I used both this week. I assumed CX was better and went there for a shower. The breakfast was really week. Scrambled eggs looked sad. Nothing much here. I moved to AA and was surprised at the variety there - crepes, quiche, spanish omlette, pastries, cakes, tarts, (better) scrambled eggs etc. I know CX has the noodle bar - but in my experience from last year - it's not as good as the one at LHR. I'm not sure what AA has during the day.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
When does this vaunted AA breakfast end? Our outgoing flight is at noon, so I fear we're a little too late.

e: My wife is from Hong Kong, but I'm American. Can we lounge hop for my American breakfast and her noodles?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:43 pm

Programs: US, HH
Originally Posted by Acid
I disagree. I used both this week. I assumed CX was better and went there for a shower. The breakfast was really week. Scrambled eggs looked sad. Nothing much here. I moved to AA and was surprised at the variety there - crepes, quiche, spanish omlette, pastries, cakes, tarts, (better) scrambled eggs etc. I know CX has the noodle bar - but in my experience from last year - it's not as good as the one at LHR. I'm not sure what AA has during the day.
Same observation recently. AA's wifi was also better (it kept dropping in the CX lounge).

Originally Posted by ralphs
When does this vaunted AA breakfast end? Our outgoing flight is at noon, so I fear we're a little too late.

e: My wife is from Hong Kong, but I'm American. Can we lounge hop for my American breakfast and her noodles?
They're next to each other. My flight was around noon too, and AA was my second stop, with plenty of breakfast stuff left when I was there, likely around 10 or so.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
The AA lounge has by far a better breakfast spread. I usually eat in the AA lounge and then move to the CX lounge for the peace and quiet, as it's usually empty while I'm waiting for AA45 to JFK.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:16 pm

I see in the Wiki that the OW lounges listed are not available for arrivals. In general, are lounges ever available for arrivals? We'll be arriving CDG after an 8+ hour flight, and we'd hoped to be able to freshen up a bit in a lounge before a full day of driving.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Even if you had arrivals access, you wouldn't be able to physically access the lounge assuming you are coming from a foreign country.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by melrowgo
I see in the Wiki that the OW lounges listed are not available for arrivals. In general, are lounges ever available for arrivals? We'll be arriving CDG after an 8+ hour flight, and we'd hoped to be able to freshen up a bit in a lounge before a full day of driving.
Ever? Sure, at CDG, when US was in Terminal 1, there was a club you could use your Priority Pass to access after arriving from what have morphed into the AA PHL-CDG and CLT-CDG flights. Used to enjoy getting some coffee and a pain au chocolat, checking e-mail, and cadging a copy of L'Equipe to read on the RER going into town.

But those days are gone, and as has already been noted, you can't get there (to the clubs) from there (arriving AA flights).
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by justforfun
The AA lounge has by far a better breakfast spread. I usually eat in the AA lounge and then move to the CX lounge for the peace and quiet, as it's usually empty while I'm waiting for AA45 to JFK.
my experience, too.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Ever? Sure, at CDG, when US was in Terminal 1, there was a club you could use your Priority Pass to access after arriving from what have morphed into the AA PHL-CDG and CLT-CDG flights. Used to enjoy getting some coffee and a pain au chocolat, checking e-mail, and cadging a copy of L'Equipe to read on the RER going into town.

But those days are gone, and as has already been noted, you can't get there (to the clubs) from there (arriving AA flights).
Thanks Biggie Fries and ralphs. Makes sense.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Something-ist, Bombay Sapphire
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Acid
I had the same experience last week. AA lounge had many more breakfast food options by far. AA lounge was much warmer and cozy too. CX was modern, but cold, and too quiet. CX wi-fi didn't work at all, was told at check-in desk.
Old May 25, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PHX_Flyer
I had the same experience last week. AA lounge had many more breakfast food options by far. AA lounge was much warmer and cozy too. CX was modern, but cold, and too quiet. CX wi-fi didn't work at all, was told at check-in desk.
I have to say that I was somewhat surprised when I read the comments here regarding the AA vs. CX lounges (having only previously experienced AA lounges in the US and CX lounges in Asia), but I had the chance to spend time in both recently, and AA wins for me without question. I did find the CX lounge to be a bit more "elegant" in styling, but the AA food at breakfast was significantly better. I was particularly impressed with their quiche, which was as good as I've had at some restaurants in Paris. Definitely an acceptable substitute for breakfast in my hotel when I need to get to the airport early.
Like PHX_Flyer, I also found the AA lounge to be a bit more welcoming than CX-- it was significantly more crowded and messy, but comfortable and the lounge staff were quite friendly. I'm looking forward to my next visit, and some more of that quiche.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:39 pm

CDG AC

Am I reading the hours right, does it really close at noon? Have a BA flight from CDG that leaves a little after 2pm and was hoping to use the AC before boarding.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA EP
It's a combined AA and BA lounge. It should be open during BA flight times.

Originally Posted by taseas
Am I reading the hours right, does it really close at noon? Have a BA flight from CDG that leaves a little after 2pm and was hoping to use the AC before boarding.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
It's a combined AA and BA lounge. It should be open during BA flight times.
Perfect, thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.