Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
Please feel free to update with the latest information; previous Wiki content was out of date.
Print Wikipost

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:19 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Basically all the TSA computer cares about is whether you're on the passenger manifest and if your flight has departed. As long as the first part is true and the second part isn't you should be fine. I've gone in and out more than once (sometimes on the same day) and had no issues with the TSA.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 1:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by chooms
No issue with double scanning of BPs?
No, there will be no issue with that. A few years ago, I had to leave the airside area to dash back to the airport hotel where I had forgotten to pick up a package mailed to me. I came back airside with the same BP.

AA at LAX does not have any limits regarding how early you can check the bags on the day. You can drop yours and then leave the airport. I'd probably check the bags in the general check-in area (there is a Priority line as well) to avoid questions why you're not continuing to security at the Flagship check-in (not that I think it'll be an issue).
chooms likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by S80
RE H: No, you need a key card to even call the elevator.
The flagship agents might question it, but no, I've used the same boarding pass twice through TSA when the flight was delayed so was put up in a hotel.
Originally Posted by ttuna3
Basically all the TSA computer cares about is whether you're on the passenger manifest and if your flight has departed. As long as the first part is true and the second part isn't you should be fine. I've gone in and out more than once (sometimes on the same day) and had no issues with the TSA.
Originally Posted by Andriyko
No, there will be no issue with that. A few years ago, I had to leave the airside area to dash back to the airport hotel where I had forgotten to pick up a package mailed to me. I came back airside with the same BP.

AA at LAX does not have any limits regarding how early you can check the bags on the day. You can drop yours and then leave the airport. I'd probably check the bags in the general check-in area (there is a Priority line as well) to avoid questions why you're not continuing to security at the Flagship check-in (not that I think it'll be an issue).
Thanks everyone. We'll give it a go if QF don't check all the way through. Will have visits to MIA Flagship and JFK Premium on this visit as well and will include in a mini-trip report.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Advice appreciated re: JFK First check in area in T8 - we are OWE departing on AA1 in flagship business (0700) and will have arrived late ish the preceding evening. We wondered whether we can recheck our bags the night before our early AM flight or not? Also wondering how late we can leave it arriving to get through check in/security - would like to maximise sleep for the kids. Thanks in advance
Old Yesterday, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DocS
Advice appreciated re: JFK First check in area in T8 - we are OWE departing on AA1 in flagship business (0700) and will have arrived late ish the preceding evening. We wondered whether we can recheck our bags the night before our early AM flight or not? Also wondering how late we can leave it arriving to get through check in/security - would like to maximise sleep for the kids. Thanks in advance
Bumping in case anyone can advise - thanks
Old Yesterday, 6:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DocS
I dont think AA allows you to check bags the night before. That is based on experience (not at JFK, however), and also this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35645368-post3.html
DocS likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.