Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
Please feel free to update with the latest information; previous Wiki content was out of date.
Print Wikipost

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EP
Yes. Just have ur itinerary and explain that you are traveling to JFK to catch ur international flight.

Originally Posted by Global321
How about this scenario...
I booked the ~$500 JFK-GRU businessh class fare yesterday.

Ticket #1 - MIA to JFK positioning flight late am. Coach ticket.
Ticket #2 - JFK-MIA-GRU, same day.

Rules say "You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on qualifying international flights operated by American (regardless of cabin)." - no mention of needing to be on one ticket.

As an EXP, can I use Flagship First check-in in MIA before Ticket #1? I think yes, so the real question is how much static will I be given? Does anyone have experience with this?
Global321 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 6:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Walked by it at MIA this early afternoon. Currently posted hours show it's open 4 PM to 10 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Good morning. I suppose the flagship check in at mia is open? Despite the lounge being closed?
Thnx. Flying F to lhr later and very sad to miss the Krug.
Not only no Krug, they will not even give you drink chits for premium liquor. Also, my last visit at LAX I couldn't even get a wheelchair to show up. This service is a shell of what it used to be.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brodielayne
Not only no Krug, they will not even give you drink chits for premium liquor. Also, my last visit at LAX I couldn't even get a wheelchair to show up. This service is a shell of what it used to be.
They got rid of the chits a while ago, you just scan your BP. Or did you mean that's been discontinued as well?
brodielayne likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Antarius
They got rid of the chits a while ago, you just scan your BP. Or did you mean that's been discontinued as well?
No more chits (physical or electronic) in cities with Flagship Lounges. This ended in mid-2019. I used to venture out to the satellite AC at JFK to pick up a bottle of Coke and RedBull to go and then return to the Flagship Lounge.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:08 pm

I asked both the AAngels and the bartender if my Flagship privilege allowed for premium cocktails and was told no by both. FYI- I was on LAX-MIA 777-300er in First which qualifies for Flagship service and check-in. This route is not back to a 777-200 which does not.
cmd320 and Antarius like this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:16 pm

I asked both the AAngels and the bartender if my Flagship privilege allowed for premium cocktails and was told no by both. FYI- I was on LAX-MIA 777-300er in First which qualifies for Flagship service and check-in. This route is now back to a 777-200 which does not.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by brodielayne
I asked both the AAngels and the bartender if my Flagship privilege allowed for premium cocktails and was told no by both. FYI- I was on LAX-MIA 777-300er in First which qualifies for Flagship service and check-in. This route is not back to a 777-200 which does not.
Yup, even on a flagship F/J ticket which would qualify for FL access, you don't get anything more than someone with a standard AC membership. Very disappointing AA.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
No more chits (physical or electronic) in cities with Flagship Lounges. This ended in mid-2019. I used to venture out to the satellite AC at JFK to pick up a bottle of Coke and RedBull to go and then return to the Flagship Lounge.
Ahh yes i remember that now. My mistake
Old Jan 3, 2021, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
It's ridiculous that when FLs are closed, they're not giving FL-access pax chits in ACs.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 5:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

ORD fail

Tried to check in at ORD flagship - the agent inside said that a Oneworld emerald was not allowed to check in because I wasn't traveling internationally. I pulled up the website on my phone to show her. She finally agreed with me but then said that she didn't have anyone to help her with the checked baggage, so I gave up and went to the business/priority line.

Fail.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by izzik
Tried to check in at ORD flagship - the agent inside said that a Oneworld emerald was not allowed to check in because I wasn't traveling internationally. I pulled up the website on my phone to show her. She finally agreed with me but then said that she didn't have anyone to help her with the checked baggage, so I gave up and went to the business/priority line.

Fail.
I didn't know that any of the Flagship check in areas were open!
Old Mar 16, 2021, 6:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Assuming the Flagship First check ins are open by the time I fly (next Feb) I'd just like to check my logic is correct:

My status is BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald) so I can use the Flagship First Check-ins at JFK for my 3 class transcon to LA in J, and at LAX for my flight to LAS the next day.

But I cannot take a guest (No status), even on the same PNR for those same flights.

Correct?. If so, what are the best check in options at JFK and LAX when I'm flying with a friend with no status?.

Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2021, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by SpurMan
Assuming the Flagship First check ins are open by the time I fly (next Feb) I'd just like to check my logic is correct:

My status is BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald) so I can use the Flagship First Check-ins at JFK for my 3 class transcon to LA in J, and at LAX for my flight to LAS the next day.

But I cannot take a guest (No status), even on the same PNR for those same flights.

Correct?. If so, what are the best check in options at JFK and LAX when I'm flying with a friend with no status?.

Thanks!
Sounds right (but they might let your guest into FFCI). To be safe, you can use the priority check-in (for business/domestic first). You'll see it next to the regular check-in desks.
SpurMan likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by SpurMan

Thanks!
Flagship check-ins have been open, it’s the Flagship lounges that are closed. At LAX Flagship check-in is just before you hit terminal 5 coming from Terminal 4. Priority check-in is right before that. You will clearly see a sign at the curb if taking taxi or rideshare service for Priority check-in. I like to have my driver drop me at the beginning of terminal 5 if using Flagship check-in and walking back 30 seconds. You can bypass the Tom Bradley congestion going that route.
SpurMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.