Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Effective 12 Oct 2014, meal selection is available from 30 days to 24 hours before flight (This meal selection was suspended temporarily 12 Sep - 10 Dec 2015.)

Special meal (Asian vegetarian, Kosher, Muslim, Low sodium, etc.) requests may be requested where offered. See this post for the list of available special meals.

[
Reserve your entrée before you fly

Flying in First or Business Class? We’re the first U.S. airline to offer you the choice to reserve your entrée on American Airlines flights with scheduled meal service. To enjoy this personalized service, simply reserve your meal at least 24 hours before departure.
  • Available for customers traveling on American Airlines in First or Business class, on the majority of flights that are scheduled to offer a meal.
  • You can reserve your meal beginning 30 days (and up to 24 hours) before you depart

• If you change your flight, reservation is required again

• Meals may not be available at times as there is a limit on numbers.

Information About Entrée (Main Course) Reservations:
  • Entrée reservations are available in First and Business class on American Airlines marketed and operated flights
  • We can begin accepting reservations 30 days prior to travel and all orders must be completed at least 24 hours before departure
  • If your original itinerary changes, please reselect your entrée preference
  • We will do our best to accommodate your request, but there may be instances that prevent us from fulfilling your selection

Problems? Try a DM using Twitter or call.

Also see

Note: the old order in which meal preferences are taken by Flight Attendants ("FEBO") ended on 1 Sep 2014. See "FEBO dead 1 Sep 2014 - new system based on flight direction & time zone change".

Thanks to wiki "plank holder" hillrider.
Print Wikipost

Reserve / Select Meal Entree / Main Course via website (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
I tried getting assistance in the Admiral's Club, but they told me they were not able to help. I did DM AA on Twitter and they confirmed my selection. I totally understand that I can call or tweet. I was simply wondering if it was known issue, and potentially one with a workaround, or if it was something odd with my browser setup.

Thanks!
Old May 21, 2017, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by davesam12
Am on a mid con flight to dfw tomorrow and itinerary says "lunch". When I select pre order choice on line it shows the "variety of Kellogg's cereal" or "make selection later". Weird.
And if you "make the selection later" guess what you end up with? A banana
Old May 21, 2017, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by JeffP
We pre-ordered the quiche on yesterdays SJU-DFW. On the plane, the selections were actually omelet and cereal. All of the quiche pre-orders now said "alternate" which the FA said meant cereal.
I would have told the pursuer that I want the quiche and if I wanted the cereal i would have had it in the lounge.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by johnash
Thanks for the tip. Living in Spain, olives are always there but not cooked ones in many dishes. So it will probably be 2 x eggplant/berenjas!
Chicken is so bland. Instead I would go for a Chateaubriand Salmon and a Vegetarian Pasta along with a Tapas or Antipasta option one meat and one cheeses crackers dried fruit option for snacks.Then they could offer sparkling wine and champaign to all First Class flights.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec PLT 2mm/DL 1MM/ Hilton Gold
On our flights yesterday, we had reserved meals online but when in the cabin...they showed no choice. Fortunately what we wanted was still available. One of the FAs asked did you make the reservation online or talk to someone. We had gone on line. She said call it in adding about half the time the online doesn't work.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Mowee
On our flights yesterday, we had reserved meals online but when in the cabin...they showed no choice. Fortunately what we wanted was still available. One of the FAs asked did you make the reservation online or talk to someone. We had gone on line. She said call it in adding about half the time the online doesn't work.
Many others have this same problem? Should we phone in in on future flights? Have had no problems so far.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Many others have this same problem? Should we phone in in on future flights? Have had no problems so far.
Online has never not worked for me, including on three flights in the past week.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
I could not reserve meals online for a recent ORD-DEN roundtrip (AA.com reported a system error when I tried to save the choices). I called and the agent made the selections however nothing showed on the manifests. Since this does not seem to be a general problem perhaps it simply does not work on some routes.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Upcoming flights in July LHR-DFW-LAX are showing the following choices:

LHR-DFW Business

Grilled Tenderloin
Grilled Tenderloin, bordelaise sauce, boiled potatoes, sautéed spinach

Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted Cauliflower, Gruyère mashed potatoes, watercress, pumpkin seed crumble

Cod Filet and Prawn Jalfrezi
Cod Filet and Prawn Jalfrezi, saffron rice, Asian-spiced spinach, paratha bread

DFW-LAX

Cheese Lasagna
Cheese Lasagna with pomodoro sauce

Grilled Beef Filet
Grilled Beef Filet roasted asparagus, roasted cipollini onion, tri-color quinoa, horseradish cream sauce
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by DCAstudent
Online has never not worked for me, including on three flights in the past week.
+1
Old Jun 5, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by 1kBill

LHR-DFW Business

Grilled Tenderloin

Roasted Cauliflower

DFW-LAX

Cheese Lasagna
Cheese Lasagna with pomodoro sauce

Grilled Beef Filet
Grilled Beef Filet roasted asparagus, roasted cipollini onion, tri-color quinoa, horseradish cream sauce
Just had the domestic beef filet on a DCA-DFW flight - a little overcooked but was happy with it. Lasanga would have been fine (and looked good), but it's beach season...
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: United Premier Platinum
deleted

Last edited by mcrw00; Jun 6, 2017 at 5:37 am
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:43 am

We keep getting error messages when trying to order meals for several flights. We called and the agent could not select meals either. This has been happening over the last few days for us.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 1kBill

LHR-DFW Business

Grilled Tenderloin

Roasted Cauliflower

. . .
If you need a suggestion for your international flight, you may wish to post the menu in this thread: 2017 Combined AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
For those getting system errors on selecting meals, did you do something else in the reservation earlier, like selecting seats?

I find that if you do something else in the screen like adding passport details, selecting seats, etc., the URL changes for that function. Then, when you try to select the meal, it tries to reference the changed URL (for seats, passports, etc.) instead of the original record locator link, so something seems to fail when saving the meal selections.

Workaround for this seems to be to back out of the reservation, reload it from "My Trips" and just do the meal selection...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.